[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AE86 VS FRS/BRZ/GT86
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1452998166736.png (401 KB, 638x478) Image search: [Google]
1452998166736.png
401 KB, 638x478
I have a choice between fixing up AE86, patching up all my rust (This may require me to remove the fiberglass overfenders and installing Wolf Steel panels), full engine rebuild, the works.

or to cut my losses and get a Toyobaru.

Before you romantisize the AE86, actually put yourself in my shoes.

I've contemplated selling my weebcar many times but everytime I drive it, I change my mind.
>>
>>14867969
Why not both?

Or sell the AE86 to me and use the proceeds on the Toyobaru.
>>
>>14867985

I want both but I can't let my AE86 rot, money needs to be put in for general maintenance aswell like resealing the quarter windows, new sunroof gasket, new brake pads, new tires, ect.

it also has sentimental value but at the same time the Toyobaru won't be giving me any headaches anytime soon and I can actually road trip it.
>>
>>14868028
get therust done for now and store it somewhere?
>>
>>14867969
I would fix the AE86 if:
>Have another car
>Have garage/workshop
>have spare money for repairs
>Have spare time for repairs
>Have friends that will pitch in with repairs to make it a bit more fun

My first project car got scrapped because I didn't meet the above criteria
>>
>>14867969
Ae86 is a classic

it makes me feel special when ever I see one on the road thats not some drift beater

frs is a failure
>>
File: CAM00178.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
CAM00178.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>14867969
always heard parts are pain in the dick to find for AE86,cracked dashboards and such.Store the AE with some good tarp and leave it as project car you have nothing to lose since you could always sell it at high price.Go test drive FRZ and see what you think, it's not for everyone.If no good roads where you live it will not be able to be driven as it should
>>
>>14868044

>Have another car

I have another daily.

>Have garage/workshop

lol nope.

>have spare money for repairs

I have a few grand.

>Have spare time for repairs

Every sunday.

>Have friends that will pitch in with repairs to make it a bit more fun

I have a liberal art major hipster buddy that can do mig and tig and oxyacetalyne welds but then I'd have to provide him a welding set.

>>14868058

I know, me too, I saw a completely restored one driving down the street and I asked around online about who this guy was and saw him again parked somewhere so I showed to him with mine lol.

>>14868076

From October to march, I don't drive it, I park it on my driveway.

But I do have some spare parts for it like a distributor rebuild kit, brand new starter parts like the plunger and contacts and new still in bag OEM quarter window clips.
>>
>>14868076

There are many good winding roads where I live hence my love for driving the AE86 but I completely understand that they're both not quarter mile cars and I'm find with that but with the FRZ, I won't have to worry about rust or anything else for a long time.
>>
>>14868148
there are some brand new 15' models near me for like 24k, not a bad deal at all.Would you be getting new or used? What state?
>>
If you sell the ae86 make sure it goes to a good home and not some drift shitter who'll turn it into christmas wrapping for a ligt pole
>>
>>14868148
>won't have to worry about rust or anything else for a long time
then you just throw that out when it rusts ?
don't fall into the grip of the disposable car like how 90% + of the population does
it is easy but void of conviction
>>
>>14868383

I will, there was an enthusiast that drove an R32 GTR, a clean one and previously owned an 86 before, nice guy.

And there was a group of elitist AE86 guys that started kicking tire, sitting in the car shifting it, started yanking on shit and laughing, shit seriously pissed me off. Stupid fuck couldn't even shut my hood properly.

>>14868512

It's not an average 86, I have no idea if the fiberglass over fenders are hidning rust, ect, I went to 3 different bodyshops and they all told me it was a lost cause but fuck those boomers.
>>
>>14868704

Elitist guy also wanted to part out my 86 for it's beefy Celica Supra rear end and flip it like some cheap used whore. It won't be going to him.
>>
>>14868512

I won't even drive it in the winter time or abuse it like most normal people do, this is not an A to B appliance.
>>
File: 1419328362196.jpg (218 KB, 584x1110) Image search: [Google]
1419328362196.jpg
218 KB, 584x1110
Selling it will become your biggest regret. Every time you seen an 86 on the road or drive your FRS, you'll just miss the old car. You'll eventually start looking for another, and they'll cost over $8k by that point unless you're willing to settle for an even rustier, half-dead necro86 who has seen the underverse.
>>
>>14869329
this
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.