[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been driving a 2001 Pontiac Grand AM for almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: USC60HOC021A121001.jpg (210 KB, 2100x1386) Image search: [Google]
USC60HOC021A121001.jpg
210 KB, 2100x1386
So I've been driving a 2001 Pontiac Grand AM for almost 9 years. I think it's time to get a new car.

Problem is I'm getting mixed advice from family, friends and coworkers. Some say I should lease a new car, others say I should buy a new car and pay it monthly, and some have said to buy an older car but certified.

I would prefer to have a new car only because it's nice to have the most up to date things but I don't like the idea of leasing, I prefer owning.

At the same time I don't want to spend too much money either so I don't mind buying a car 1-2 years old, as long as I know there weren't any problems with it.

I had almost bought a certified 2013 Honda Civic with a sunroof and gps built in with 40k mileage for around $15500 but I ended up not taking it because I wanted to see what other options were out there.

Basically I really just want a newish car that's reliable and has a back up camera and bluetooth to connect my phone to call people while driving.
Thoughts?
>>
>it's nice to have the most up to date things

is it though?
>>
>>14866060
C H E V Y S S
H
E
V
Y

S
S
>>
File: DSC02164.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
DSC02164.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
>>14866084
i agree.
>>
>>14866060
Does your old car still work properly? Have you given it good and frequent maintenance?
>>
>>14866060
What's the budget?
>>
>>14866714
Yes but the past few times I've driven it, either the blinkers kept going out, the engine overheated, the spark plugs would get loose, and overall it doesn't feel like a smooth ride. In the past the car would stall when I'd brake at a stop sign, get stuck in traffic or wait at a red light.
One time the car would just stall and turn off when I slowed down.

Lately it's been running fine but with all the issues it's had in the past year, it's made me very nervous and anxious to drive. I have driven other cars and they felt a lot smoother and safer to drive in.

I still have around 50k mileage around it because I hadn't taken drives longer than 2-3 hours, part of it is being afraid to drive long distances with the fear that my car will break down on me.

I just want a smooth safe ride with no issues to take me where I want to go and I would like the rear view camera to parallel park easier and the bluetooth to connect y phone to call people where I am.
>>
>Basically I really just want a newish car that's reliable and has a back up camera and bluetooth to connect my phone to call people while driving.
>I just want a smooth safe ride with no issues to take me where I want to go and I would like the rear view camera to parallel park easier and the bluetooth to connect y phone to call people where I am.

So just buy the Civic.
>>
How much do you drive a year? Have you looked into insurance costs? Do you want to keep the car for 10 years, or more like 2 years? Leasing would give you a cheaper monthly payment than financing for the same car, however, if you drive a lot or want to keep the car for a long time, then I would recommend financing the car. Of course, used car would give you best value, and so you might want to look at "like new" cars, that have maybe 30k miles on them, and a few years old, but will have depreciated greatly. However, you have to usually pay all up front to get the best value.
>>
>>14866060
Leasing, at least in the UK is hassle free motoring.

At the moment, this is the cheapest car available, however there are usually some insane deals, for example - my boss is leasing a 3 series m sport gt for £190 inc vat.

http://www.selectvehiclelease.co.uk/business-lease-cars/citroen/c1-hatchback/c1-hatchback-12-puretech-feel-5dr-99722210
>>
>>14868832
>all these issues
>"but I take care of it guise!"
Bullshit. You didn't take proper care of it and now you're paying for it.

Shit, I have the 01 grand am gt coupe and none of these issues because I take care of it.
>>
>>14866060
Newer Focus maybe?
My 2016 SE came with sync and a backup camera
Ford has some pretty decent deals going on right now for new unsold 2015-16 Foci
Got mine with around $2500 in rebates and financed at 0% with not the greatest credit
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.