[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can a landlord stop you from working on your car on the property
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: v56RjaA.png (36 KB, 811x524) Image search: [Google]
v56RjaA.png
36 KB, 811x524
Can a landlord stop you from working on your car on the property you rent? There's nothing in my lease that says I can't. She claims for environmental reasons, but restricts any mechanical work, not just oil changes. This is my only productive hobby and I'm fucking mad as hell she would try to take it from me.
Bitch also threw out my jack stands and oil can.
>>
>>14861727
No, if it's not on the lease she can't tell you shit. And if she threw your shit out, best believe she is going to replace it.
>>
That happened to me when I lived in Wyoming, they said I got transmission fluid everywhere in the driveway (which was dirt) and I wasn't getting my deposit back (this was when I had no plans to move out, smart time to tell a tenant). Later I found the landlord inside my house one day unannounced. When I moved I left the old engine/trans from my Nova that I swapped out in the driveway sitting on the bed, had a bunch of friends help me carry it up, was a second story apartment.
>>
>>14861758
And I'm sure you totally have pictures of this right?
>>
>>14861784
>believing attentionwhore trips
>>
>>14861810
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Sarcasm
>>
>>14861826
>i was just trolling when asking for pictures
>>
>>14861854
>can't into English
Lurk more.
>>
If it's not in the lease, they can't do shit.

My property manager tried revoking my deposit because she saw me walking into the house with a gun. She claimed that firearms are "illegal" and not permitted on the property, I pulled up all local, state, and federal laws on the legality of the firearms, printed a copy of the lease, and that got her to shut the fuck up.

Because of me, they also banned hanging flags from your door/porch, and they put up 30.06/30.07 signs which make it illegal to conceal/open carry handguns.

I'm still trying to find a better place that's still in my school district, but this place is dirt cheap. Too bad no fun is allowed.

>no changing of any light or water fixtures
>no wrenching/working on your car
>no music
>no tobbacco products, no vaping or smoking
>no flagpoles
>no splashing/jumping in the pool
>>
>>14862005
Actually depends on local laws (there are a bunch of places where it's actually illegal to do work in your driveway period, but it's one of those things that's usually only enforced if there's a busybody (like the landlady) or if you leave a car in pieces for a decent hunk of time)...and if there's any restrictive covenants on the property that's being leased, then they apply to all tenets too.
>>
>>14861900
Ur dum.
>>
Landlord here. Your landlord is bound by the terms of your lease just like you are - typically for ]one year. If things went well for that year then most landlords go month-to-month meaning either one of you can choose to end your tenancy for any reason at the end of any month.
>>
>>14862036
>>14861900
Both of you niggas shut up baka
>>
>Dad's landlord says no working on your car
>Specifically states "the tenant is not allowed to work on a vehicle within the boundry of the property"
>Dad gets me to do all his maint
>Landlord kicked up shit
>Dad pointed out that legally, he's the only one disbarred since I don't live there
>Landlord leaves in a huff, later illegally hikes the rent and gets BTFO in court
>>
>>14862005
>I'm still trying to find a better place that's still in my school district,

I'm not even sure what to think of this.
>>
>>14862110
Maybe he doesn't want to make his (wife's) son change schools.
>>
>>14862110
I'm 18, and I still have a year to go in high school.

After that, I can move anywhere. Alternatively I can get a Good-Enough Diploma and get out, but I don't think Texas A&M will accept a GED.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.