[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt: autistic things you used to believe about cars When I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: JUST.jpg (110 KB, 808x809) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
110 KB, 808x809
itt: autistic things you used to believe about cars
When I was a teenager I thought that turbos work like a windmill, generating power by the turbine spinning around
>>
I thought that exterior modifications could somehow only be done when the power was increased via FI. Like the black badges came with the FI kits and that was the only way to get them or something.
>>
I thought that FWD cars were shit and couldn't be fun.
>>
File: gif-varan-scolopendra-869058.gif (910 KB, 450x150) Image search: [Google]
gif-varan-scolopendra-869058.gif
910 KB, 450x150
I thought that horsepower was the only determination of whether a car was cool or not.
>>
File: 423289868.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
423289868.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>>14857814

I was in high school during the years FATF and 2F2F were in theatres and NFS: Underground came out. Suffice to say illegal street-racing achieved critical levels. Used to believe all types of dumb shit. I think one of my favorite ones was when one kid who was always at the meets had an 2000-ish Accord V6 and we all said that it had the NSX engine. We didn't know any better so we all just went along with it. The Accord kid played the part to acting like he had a real weapon on his hood with all the mods you'd expect from a ricer. He wasn't without merit since most of the other kids' cars drove shitboxes with far less power so anything with more than a 4-banger may as well have been an exotic V12.

I look back on those days and laugh now. As dumb as we were, it was fun at the time.
>>
>>14857814
Look up 'power recovery turbine'.
>>
I used to think a 10 second car took that much time from 0 to 60
>>
>>14857891
You're already ahead of the majority of /o/ :^)
>>
I used to think lowering a car 20mm and fitting Hot Wheels tier low profile tires would improve the handling.

I used to think mods increased the resale value of my car.

I used to think convertibles were gay, and that only V8 powered knuckle dragging shit was manly.

I used to think it was ok to have a car payment.
>>
This isn't exactly autistic because I was like 7 but when I was really little all my parents' cars were manual, when we got our first automatic I was really fucking confused about how it worked.
>>
i thought scooters were the coolest ever

glad my dad talked me out of that
>>
>>14857826
>Like the black badges came with the FI kits and that was the only way to get them or something.

if only that were the case.
>>
>>14859240
>I used to think it was ok to have a car payment.

It is ok to have a car payment, provided you have a real job, good credit, and know what you're getting into. If its only going to cost me 2-3% in interest why the hell wouldn't I do that?

that being said those first few months after the payments are done feel great.
>>
I used to think that the clutch was digital on/off until I drove a car at like 16 in an early drivers learning program shit and got autistically confused.

Protip, don't use arcade racing games as reference for real life
>>
>>14859286
I thought mopeds were hot shit for a while, then I saw the people who drive them.
>>
Mopeds are alright, I ride a 50cc Zündapp and still have my Aprilia SX50 I bought as my first bike a few years back.

They're slow even when you lose the restrictions but are real nice to just hop onto and ride. Almost no fuel consumption really.
Don't need no 1200cc bike for commuting.
>>
>>14859355
Hard Drivin'? That's the only older game I know with a clutch, but I'm pretty sure it was actually analog.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.