[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw can't park at all >especially perpendicular parking,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 45%20Parking[1].jpg (163 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
45%20Parking[1].jpg
163 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw can't park at all
>especially perpendicular parking, which is most common here
>always afraid of hitting another car
>read guides online, most tell to find a marker, but never can seem to find one that works
how do i improve?

in the pic, the bumper of the car that's entering the spot is crossing into the adjacent spot. is this normal?
>>
Yes thats normal.

Learn your car and parking wont be hard. I drive a boat and can park in tight spots without worrying and get it first try in one smooth motion because I know where the end of my car is relative to the cars parked on either side of me.

just git gud faggot
>>
>>14856250
thanks

i tried going to an empty parking lot to practice, but i didn't know if i was doing it right. always feel like if there were cars, I would hit one.
>>
>>14856353
Set up cones, or trashcans. Mark out a spot. Figure out where where you car is.
>>
Aim towards the back of the car next to the parking spot your going park in.Turn the wheel the other way and back up you should be facing pretty much straight at the parking slot.
>>
>>14856203
Try starting your parking motion from further to the opposite edge of the aisle from the space. Gives you a lot of turn radius.
>>
>>14856250
this anon has it right. parking really is all about knowing, with 95% accuracy, the size of your vehicle. practice perpendicular parking in empty lots by setting up cones around a spot, and then pulling in on the left and on the right. you don't want to be unable to snag a spot just because it's on your left and you don't know how to gauge the angle.
>>
The most important thing is learning how big your car is. I have a few vehicles and whenever I switch I have to re-adjust how I park. Practice, go slow and try to do it in a parking lot that isn't too busy but has cars in it so you can get real experience without having to worry that someone is waiting for you to get the fuck out of the way so they can park too. Try a mal, Walmart or grocery store near closing time.
>>
>>14856642
*just because it's on your right
>>
File: parking, the musical.png (16 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
parking, the musical.png
16 KB, 1280x800
Go wide and cut hard

At first it wouldn't seem like you'd make it but since you are cutting so sharply, you'll make it.

Also: once you learn the dimensions of your car like an extension of your body, it get's way easier.
>>
>>14856697
gets*
>>
>>14856203
wait Is this thread serious? are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>14856713
You seem like an insufferable faggot.
>>
>>14856718
Shut up you fucking faggot. Maybe in that pathetic excuse for a state you live in people have trouble parking cars, but in the first world its basic fucking knowledge. Even your average 12 year old girl has been in a car enough to be able to park one in a pinch. As usual OP is a faggot and people from Kentucky prove they cant stop sucking cock.
>>
>>14856378
>>14856250
This.

Your car becomes an extension of your body, so you need to learn your brain some fenders.
Get some nice soft cones and get so close to them in parking you actually touch them, then you'll start to understand _where_ your cars corners are.

Turn in a little wide and then head for the middle.
>>
>>14856735
Did somebody bully you on the bus ride home today?
>>
>>14856748
I drive from school. but you wouldn't know about that, coming from statistically the stupidest state in the country.
>>
>>14856250

>git gud faggot

Amazing how this is always the correct answer
>>
File: 1457840495036.jpg (42 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
1457840495036.jpg
42 KB, 500x223
>>14856766
Not even that guy, but lol, we're the second stupidest state, you nigger. Why are you so buttblasted, did a KFC eating Tyrone cuck you? :^)
>>
>>14856766
You seemed awfully upset at something. Being not an asshole, I was concerned your Aspergers might be acting up and wanted to help. My apologies.
>>
>>14856203
You could try an aftermarket backup camera
>>
File: 61hNArHtv8L._SY400_.jpg (50 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
61hNArHtv8L._SY400_.jpg
50 KB, 400x400
Buy some hot wheels and practice on the road carpet. I'm dead serious OP
>>
>>14856203

you cant park your little rx300?
dude I park a full size 4x4 truck with no parktronics or rear cameras. It's my first car, I have less than a year of experience. Just take your time and sweat less.
>>
>>14857004
Comes more natural to different people, I couldn't park for shit for a couple years of driving. Knowing and feeling the dimensions of your car really is a big part of it, when I first started that part didn't come naturally at all to me, mostly thinking it was longer than it is.
>>
>>14856203
FUCKING PRACTICE

There are literally lines on the floor to go by. If you can't master parking like that, maybe you shouldn't be driving?
>>
>>14856203
Just keep practicing. Eventually you'll simply "understand" how big your car is and if you can make if into spot. Take your time young one.
>>
>>14856203
How about you park backwards? It's way easier.
>>
>>14856203
Hahha
>tfw no power steering and car parks
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.