[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder to turn your fucking headlights on when it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 13
Daily reminder to turn your fucking headlights on when it's raining.
>>
k
>>
>tfw all cars sold new here since 1985 have low beams & rear driving lights legally required to be on at all times when the car is running and parking lights arent on

Thank the lord...
>>
>>14851370
Just today almost crashed into a fucking retard in a grey Corsa with the lights off, and it was fucking pouring.
DRLs are a godsend, tbqh.
>>
File: drvil.jpg (15 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
drvil.jpg
15 KB, 250x250
>drive a gray car
>never turn my headlights on in the rain

Get better at looking faggot, I'm not burning out my bulbs because you can't pay attention
>>
>>14851399
>it's illegal to do so
>hey, it's your fault you didn't pay attention to a grey car, with a grey sky pouring rain
>>
>>14851399
>drive a car
>be bad at it

good work
>>
>>14851445

Yeah it fuckin is. Operating a car is dangerous so either do it properly or not at all.
>>
>>14851350
>not having automatic headlights and windshield wipers
Fucking casuals, the lot of you.
>>
It's crazy how many people don't do this. People in grey cars in the rain who don't have their headlights on have a death wish, seriously I have to be pretty close to be able to see those fuckers depending on the rain.

All they have to do is flick a switch and people will be able to see them from much farther away. Idk if it's laziness or forgetfulness, I flash my brights at people who don't have their headlights on in bad weather but they never get the hint.

You can't teach stupid.
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 640x675) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 640x675
>>14852430
>needing your car to know when it's dark or raining
>>
>>14851350
I think every /o/tist knows to. It's just idiot normal fags.
>>
>>14851350
I fucking hate DLR that are too bright, retards who cant turn on their headlights at night because it seeems like thier lights are one cause their DLRs are fucking bright, but really dont llluminate shit.

also fucking always on headlights or cant turn off dlrs are the fucking worse.
Why is it so hard to just turn your lights on from dusk till dawn, and in adverse conditons?

wipers on = headlights on
tunnel = headlights
fog = foglights, rear foglightrs, headlights
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 400x400
>>14851399
I drive a big ass old 6,000 lb SUV, guess who's not gonna give a fuck
>>
>>14851399
You'd rather risk damage to your car than have to replace a $15 bulb a month or two sooner than you otherwise would?
>>
>>14851350

daily reminder that as a Canadian all cars come standard with automatic daytime running lights

>mfw I see people driving around without any DRLs
>mfw this is increasingly common
>mfw they've either found a way to deactivate them, or their shitbox car isn't working properly
>mfw it's mostly newer stuff like crossovers and trucks though
>mfw no cop ever enforces this fucking law ever
>mfw if you want to import a vehicle from the U.S. you have to pay a shitload of money to have DRL's installed before it can be registered in Ontario

fucking FUCKS
>>
>>14852857
daily reminder that thanks to you, most American cars do too.

I know on NA market Volvos since the '90s, there is a switch on the lighting knob that you can turn with a flathead screwdriver and disable/enable DRLs. My old Suzuki SX4 had DRLs on all the time, and my Dart does too. The only way to turn 'em off is to get under the dash and start cutting wires.
>>
File: 1460153042482.gif (465 KB, 200x317) Image search: [Google]
1460153042482.gif
465 KB, 200x317
>>14851350
>doesn't have automatic headlights

christ nigger its 2016, this isn't new technology
>>
>>14852857
Fuck DRLs. How many times have you seen some stupid sack of shit driving on the freeway at night with no taillights?
>>
File: 5325324221.gif (3 MB, 331x197) Image search: [Google]
5325324221.gif
3 MB, 331x197
>>14851399

True story:

>be me driving in rain one afternoon
>mild rain with weird, bland, grey overtone to everything
>some asshat in front of me is doing 60kmh in an 80kmh zone
>perfectly safe to do 90kmh here
>fuck this
>check mirrors, check blind spot, check past slowfag to see if it's clear to pass
>all clear, start passing
>slowfag starts to speed up in anger
>all of a sudden I see some dark grey car approaching me
>he is literally the same colour as the road and has no daytime running lights on
>blended in like a fucking chameleon
>oh well I've already started passing
>floor it now, slowfag's shitbox can't keep up
>dark grey car starts panicking and slams on his brakes, starts swerving, pulls off into gravel shoulder and fucking slides 10 feet
>I pull in front of slowfag and continue on my way
>see dark grey car in rearview mirror, he's got his flashers on now, probably fucking crying

Point of the story is that if I'd hit the faggot head-on, we both would have lost. Granted, I drive an SUV so I would've crippled the fuck out of him. Regardless of who is "legally" in the right, getting injured in an accident still fucking sucks and is better off being avoided.

I think you're probably trolling, but you should probably turn your lights on if you don't want to die.
>>
>>14851399
I hope a hummer runs your miata over
>>
>>14852904
For some reason technology has stopped trickling down all the way.
Cars are also still being sold without A/C for some reason.
Taxation is murder.
>>
>>14852918

>for some reason

Uh, it's so they can charge you more money for it. Same goes for "automatic" headlights. It's standard on some weak-ass shitboxes, but a lot of cars only include it when you select the "convenience" or "tech" packages.

>mfw my 2006 Mazda3 had automatic rain sensing wipers and automatic headlights
>mfw both sucked donkey dick and I never used them

Granted that was 10 years ago, and a Mazda economy car. But I'm no cuck, I like having intermittent wipers and full headlight control. Automatic-anything is for bitch niggas.
>>
>>14852942
>But I'm no cuck
>drives mazda3
>Automatic-anything is for bitch niggas
>confirmed boomer
>>
File: aussie.jpg (10 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
aussie.jpg
10 KB, 236x236
>>14852955

boomers wouldn't drive a Japanese car you twit

I'm 26 and that car died years ago, I drive a Toyota now.

Be nice, set a good example for your wife's son.
>>
>>14852982
You're thinking Greatest Generation. Boomers have no problem with Japanese cars. It's how they became popular after all.
>>
>>14852982
>boomers wouldn't drive a Japanese car you twit
What? Learn your kind's history mate. You've already got the hating technology thing down.
>>
>>14852730
You don't need the headlights to illuminate during the day when it's raining. It's to be seen.
That's why I mentioned DRLs on my previous post.
Yeah, they can be bright as fuck, but at least it'll help to see those who can't remember to turn on their headlights in poor conditions.
>>
>>14853002
Useless shit != useful technology. Auto headlights are idiotic. Same for wipers. I'm not completely fucking brain dead so I understand how to use them.
>>
File: 2016-01-30_16.45.59.jpg (222 KB, 1280x855) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-30_16.45.59.jpg
222 KB, 1280x855
My car isn't a prehistoric piece of crap so it does it automatically
>>
File: xzibit.png (194 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
xzibit.png
194 KB, 500x333
>>14853104

holy mother of FUCK

I thought you were dead.

figures you would be a vaping faggot :^)
>>
File: trump.jpg (20 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
20 KB, 460x259
>>14853104

>HHR

No, it's a modern piece of crap.
>>
>>14852982
>less than 10 year old Mazda
>already kill

So what did you do?
>>
File: 20140812_163254.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20140812_163254.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>14853685

I didn't do anything, some silly girl in a Civic decided to turn left when I had a green light, and was approaching the intersection at 80kmh. Slammed into the side of her, both cars fucked.

She got charged though, so my insurance didn't go up and they waived my deductible.
>>
>not flashing high beams at faggots with lights off
Actuallly, I don't know if it works in other countries. In Poland it's required to have lights on at all times which does help quite a bit, if someone's driving with their headlights off we flash high beams at each other. Germans never turn their lights on though which makes me doubt that it works in other countries.
>be old hitlerjugend German
>come to Poland for holidays
>notice evryone driving with lights on
>decide not to turn lights on
>someone flashes high beams at me
>GEE I WONDER WHY
>>
>>14855009
Works here, and I'm in a state filled with shitty drivers (Florida)
>>
>>14855009

If you flash high beams at someone here in Canada it means one of two things:

-during the day, it means "Cop/speed trap ahead, slow the fuck down bro"

-at night, it means "turn your fucking lights on you cunt" OR "turn off your high-beams, cunt, you're blinding me!"
>>
>>14855093
Same here for the most part, long flash means anything concerning lights and short flash or burst of short flashes means police.
>>
>>14855093
accurate
>>
>Live in major city USA.
>Police don't use headlights in rain, also don't signal.

WHY
>>
Tell that to the majority of San Antonio
none of these Mexicans know how to drive in normal weather and it gets 400x worse when it barely even sprinkles
>>
>>14853205
>>14853240
hahaha you guys are fucked
I wondered where casefag went after we shooed him out of /fa/
>>
File: 1382247056950.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1382247056950.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
>>14853104
>he thinks auto headlights turn on in the rain
hoo boy.
>>
File: 39.jpg (2 MB, 4607x3455) Image search: [Google]
39.jpg
2 MB, 4607x3455
>>14855601
>Go to Wawa
>Half the time there's an empty cop car idling right in front of a no idling sign
>>
>>14853104
i love u
>>
>>14855802
<3
>>
>>14851350
Do you think no one knows this?
Does fit need a re!under to lift everyday?
>>
>>14855755
Rules for thee; not for me.
>>14855729
My Mercedes turns on the automatic headlamps when the automatic wipers are engaged.
>>
>>14855729
>he thinks that auto headlights aren't always on. Automatically.
>>
>>14853104
Is that an HHR?

Saw one for the first time ever yesterday, one of the weirder cars I never expected to see here, and least of all on norwegian plates
>>
I usually don't post here but this thread really rustled my jimmies.

I don't ever turn my headlights on. They always turn on automatically when a certain degree of darkness is reached. Now if my car decides that, even though it's raining, it's still bright enough, therefore, visibility is still alright, HEADLIGHTS ARE FUCKING UNNECESSARY.

>2016
>Deciding something by yourself while driving
>Making the wrong decisions and wasting resources
>>
>>14851445
>drives a car
>pays attention to the sky instead of the road
>>
>>14858383
Yeah they are ok.

Great for having sex, sleeping in, or putting a ton of subs.
>>
Thankfully, lights are required on at all times in my country.
>>
>>14851399
I have a grey car an I never turn off my lights. They automatically turn off when I turn off the car and open the door.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.