[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>reading the old Longpostguy threads >holy fucking shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: ork car waaagh.jpg (52 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ork car waaagh.jpg
52 KB, 500x375
>reading the old Longpostguy threads
>holy fucking shit Buy Here Pay Here are a bunch of scumbags
>google it
>On September 29, 2012 California Governor Jerry Brown signed laws regulating Buy Here Pay Here dealerships. The dealers will now be required to display the true fair market value on each buy here pay here vehicle and also provide better options in making payments outside the dealership. The dealer must also provide a 1000-mile 30-day warranty.
At least they got something right.
>>
Oh yeah also
http://www.morgenpost.de/wirtschaft/finanzen/article207423799/Kredite-ohne-Schufa-sind-nicht-beliebt.html
>Credit without credit rating check practically unused in Germany
>studies say consumers don't like the exorbitant interest rates
>mfw people here really ARE smarter than all the basketball americans
>>
>>14851440
>implying his stories aren't made up bullshit
>>
>>14851448
Which part is supposed to be made up?
>>
>>14851456
Ever realized that its always the same fucking story since these threads exist?

>hurr booboo wanna stereotypical car
>booboo no money
>booboo comes back after X days
>le phone call with le bank
>something insurance blablabla
>booboo is dumb xD
>>
>>14851467
I don't get how he could make the stories better or worse by lying or not lying is all. It's just a showcase of human failure for the most part, that doesn't even let him stand in a very good light given that half of the stories are about him giving some person without money a car that will run them three times the real price of the vehicle in interest. That's pretty dodgy right there, if I was lying I'd write stories about me valiantly saving other people's finances.
>>
>>14851440
To be fair, those creditors don't position themselves as an alternative enough to be of any other use than to prey on the overly inebted like vultures

I'm a trainee (Auszubildender) but by virtue of that alone I'm barred from any loans regardless of my available income
>>
>>14851198
>>reading the old Longpostguy threads
Link / good place to read them in one place please?
>>
>>14851474
>I'm a trainee (Auszubildender) but by virtue of that alone I'm barred from any loans regardless of my available income

You're not.
>>
>>14851477
http://archive.4plebs.org/o/search/tripcode/!!9TEWI1TbGdH/type/op/
just go to page 7 and work your way backwards towards today
>>
>>14851474
To elaborate:

I ran a bunch of credit evaluations for shits and giggles and they all came back negative. Even a 50€ loan bounced.

FYI I'm doing okay fiancially. No debt whatsoever
>>
>>14851483
Go to your house bank and ask them. You can easily get a ~20k€ credit nowadays without any securities unless you live in a shitty neighborhood.
>>
>>14851479
> Auf Basis Ihrer angegebenen Berufsgruppe konnten wir leider kein Angebot für Sie ermitteln.

How the fuck else am I supposed to interpret this?
>>
>>14851499
>muh online kredite

werd erwachsen
>>
>>14851494
Are you an American?

I just don't see this shit flying here in Deutscheland
>>
>>14851507
No I'm german
>>
>>14851473

Gotta make sales, bitch.
>>
>buy here pay here

Can someone explain this for me?
>>
>>14851467
>7 billion people on the planet and growing
>319 million in us alone
>implying there aren't millions upon millions of idiots who fall for the exact same scams or do the exact same things
Pro tip: businesses only survive because fucktons of people want or do the same thing. Safeway wouldn't be around if only 50 people in the world liked strawberries, 50 people liked chef boyardee, etc.
>>
>>14851616
>haha this story is so funny let me read it a thousand times
>>
File: lmaoquality.jpg (90 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
lmaoquality.jpg
90 KB, 612x612
>>14851467
I'm sure he'll share the stories of the all car he says, not just the standout ones
>I'd like to see x car
>wow it looks good
>can I test drive it?
>wow drives good
>okay, I'm interested, I have money, let's settle the details
>here's the down payment
>thanks bye
WOW WASN'T THAT SO ENTERTAINING
>>
>>14851555
You purchase and finance the vehicle through the same institution, really sleazy operations that prey on those with bad credit ratings
>>
>>14851638
Why are you complaining though? This has absolutely no effect on your life.
>>
>>14851671
>why are people complaining about things that have no effect on their lives

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
>>
>>14851685
So you are complaining that you are the subject of mass cuckoldry?
>>
File: sauronkitties.png (128 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
sauronkitties.png
128 KB, 1000x700
I don't even knw why people buy new cars in the first place. You literally cannot justify buying it, rolling off the lot and thenimmediately losing 10k in value, especailly if it's being paid for through a loan.

New cars around here are overwhelmingly bought by companies or conglomerates or institutes that get rock-solid service contracts on them so they have an asset that won't just crap out on them randomly and if it does, get it fixed stat and with someone else held liable if it breaks again. Then like five years later they just switch that shit out for new stock. The used but well-maintained vehicles get washed into the used car market. Good deals all around.

Or so-called 'Jahreswagen', 'year-cars'. At big car companies like Benz or Porsche or VW they obviously use their own vehicles as company cars, but usually only for a year. After a single year they sell them to the workers at the realistic price. That shit is baller. And I think other companies do it with company cars too.

Never. Buy. New. Ever. It's utterly retarded. Buy something that was owned for a single day if you really have to, but never buy new. It's such a ridiculous money pit. That day, or year, or maybe even five years will save your life. Or your wallet I guess.
>>
>>14851696
I'm complaining that idiots are celebrating a idiot for telling the same story over and over again. Also this place would be empty if people weren't allowed to complain about things that don't affect them.
>>
>>14851730
You're always free to hide the thread.
>>
>>14851749
>he is one of the idiots

top kek m8
>>
>loans
>>
>>14851707

Someone has to buy a new car.

I'd they didn't there won't be any used cars.

When people believe that used cars are just as good as new then the used cars start retaining more and more value until you might as well shell out the extra $50 for a new car.
>>
BHPH is a lot more fair than your typical used car lot because they don't report to credit agencies and therefore can't ruin your credit.
>>
>>14851467
That's just 90% of car sales.
>>
>>14851707
this about a thousand times
>hurr I must have the new model
>wait 6 months
>Dealer has "used" one with 4,000 miles on it for 10 grand less
Unless they took a dump in the car every day there is no reason not to buy used. Banks at least around here have no difference between "new model" meaning 2-3 years old so even if you need to finance it you don't get any break for a new car.
>>
>>14851707
>I don't even knw why people buy new cars in the first place.

Someone has to.
>>
>>14854226
>>14854201
Then leave it to the businesses! They hoard all the cash, they might as well spend it since they sure as fuck won't be buying used. Just go and read the rest of the post besides the first line.
>>
>>14854238
Businesses buy basic uninteresting cars. If we followed your principle everything would be a low spec vag diesel.
>>
>>14854246
Businesses buy what is appropriate for the job. Over here in Germany we got MB Sprinters coming out of our god damn ears because pickups are for retards.

Also, yeah. I think that would be fine. I think that would in fact be much finer than Janiqua LeShawnda buying another god damn Chrysler 300 that's just gonna get repo'd in a year because she failed to pay up on the 25% APR loan she took out to get it but still had enough cash to throw giant-ass rims onto it. Maybe people would finally learn to live within their means instead of aspiring to something they cannot in any way afford.
>>
>>14854289
We have a very good second hand market in the UK. I don't know what's going over there if you've managed to replicate LA ghettos.
>>
File: assault twingo.png (159 KB, 600x410) Image search: [Google]
assault twingo.png
159 KB, 600x410
>>14854300
Oh no, not in any way, twingos go for 500 in good condition here. I was just binge-reading the old Longpostguy threads and got a strong disdain for the loan culture in America.
>>
>>14854208
wut? Are you high? You'll only ruin your credit by financing your car if you're a complete fuckwit and get it repossessed. BHPH is charging you 50% interest on your used shitbox in the meantime.
>>
>>14851707
> Drive a lot
> Want a car exactly to your spec
> No maintenance needed
> In the UK, not even MOT for three years
> Latest tech
> No hidden issues, since it's new
> When you make 50k+, losing about 30% of a 30K car isn't so bad

>>14854516
> 50% interest
They charge way more than that. They don't even tell you the full price, just 'X per month'
>>
>>14854614
>buy a one year used vehicle
>maybe 5k miles
>no realistic damages, in fact, may be better than a fresh used car since any childbed death faults in a brand new car would have cropped up already
>save those 30%
A fool and his money etc.
>>
File: machine reliability.jpg (859 KB, 6150x4800) Image search: [Google]
machine reliability.jpg
859 KB, 6150x4800
>>14854625
*may be better than a new car
If the child bed death thing is unknown to you, I draw your attention to the picture in this post
Okay it says Infant Mortality here but it's the same thing

Basically, you want some faggot to pucker up and take the high failure and cost rate at the start for you, so you can get in on that nice-ass bathtub in the middle where risk and cost is low and payoff is high.
>>
>>14854289
>Businesses buy what is appropriate for the job.
This. Company I work for buys vans, keeps them running for three years, then dumps them off onto a fleet of 'spare' vans that get moved around the country as required.
I work with a fleet of 15 custom-spec Merc Sprinters and a scattering of Ivecos we have as spares. The former are two years into a 3-year lifespan and are sporting 60-70-80K miles already. The spares are insane, and all of them have issues. Some of them are older than the store, or skip multiple gears in the autobox.

We had one for ages that wasn't even equipped with a passenger seat, and had a slot for a sack truck instead. Naturally, given heavy routes and defaulted to the whiniest driver whenever it was in use.

Right now we have one guy stuck on a rotation of spares because he crashed his regular Merc and demolished a car with it.
SOMEHOW he kept his job, but he gets stuck with shitty routes and shitty vans now. But since he's actually a decent person and nice to me, I make sure to help him get loaded so he sticks around.
Drivers that are rude to the van loaders and warehouse people never seem to last long.
>>
>>14854625
> 1 year used
Then some moron's bought the car, run it for only a year, and handed it back.

Really, the only reason to buy a new car is snobbery. If you really cared about money, you'd buy used. However, there are enough people making enough money to write off a brand new car as worth the extra.
And enough morons keeping up with the joneses and leasing shitbox crossovers.
>>
>>14854679
Or maybe it was
>so-called 'Jahreswagen', 'year-cars'. At big car companies like Benz, BMW, Porsche or VW they obviously use their own vehicles as company cars, but usually only for a year. After a single year they sell them to the workers at the realistic price. That shit is baller. And I think other companies do it with company cars too.
Buying a one year used company vehicle is perfectly fine, even if it was worked hard and has a lot of miles it will most likely be very well-maintained because businesses need their damn machines running and have maintenance contracts for them.
>>
>>14854208
That cuts both ways, though. Sure, it won't show up when they invariably repo your car, but even if you make payments at 50% interest for three years and never miss one they don't report THAT either. You're paying out the ass to finance a car but not getting any benefit to your credit for it.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.