[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are those!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
What are the little black things on top of the bumper, behind the plate?
I've seen them of civics and other cars too. But only in Japan.
>>
>>14842426
They are license plate heaters, it snows in japan and it is illegal to have snow covering your license plates.
Because of this all Japanese cars since the 80's have had to have them installed from the factory.
They don't all look quite like that, but they all have them.
>>
License plate lights.
>>
>>14842437
>Because of this all Japanese cars since the 80's have had to have them installed from the factory.
Then why doesn't my R32 have them.
>>
>>14842437
No
>>14842438
Can't be. I've seen the jdm FC lights and they have the same bulbs as the USDM ones
>>
>>14842449
>why do I have an illegally modified car then.
I don't know anon, I really don't know.
>>
>>14842464
What the fuck are you talking about, I bought my car stock
>>
>>14842469
He's talking out his ass
>>
File: Nissan_Skyline_R32_GT-R_002.jpg (358 KB, 1280x773) Image search: [Google]
Nissan_Skyline_R32_GT-R_002.jpg
358 KB, 1280x773
>>14842449
If that other post were true, your R32 still wouldn't need them. It doesn't have as much of a ledge for snow to build up on. Has a "hood" instead.
>>
>>14842426
they are on most cars here in nz, they are to illuminate the license plate at night.
>>
File: Rear - Large.jpg (37 KB, 805x514) Image search: [Google]
Rear - Large.jpg
37 KB, 805x514
>>14842652
Source to prove it? I can't find shit.
>>
>>14842642
Yeah I know that's why I called him on his bullshit. I can understand why some cars would have/need them but a dumbass blanket statement like that is retarded.
>>
Guys what are they!!!!
Someone must know!!!!!
>>
>>14842682
what do you mean source? I have them on my car and they light up the number plate.

what else do you want to know.
>>
>>14842999
Take a pic. Because I can't find anything on them. Not all cars have them. Like it's aftermarket. And I know rx7s have factory plate lights. Which leads me to believe you're lying.
>>
>>14842981
they basically shine a uv light onto the plate so speedcameras can't get the licence plate

extremely illegal in the us and uk, customs check for it too I think
>>
>>14843036
Proof?
>>
File: IMG_0147.jpg (2 MB, 2168x2044) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0147.jpg
2 MB, 2168x2044
>>14843005
>>
>>14843087
definitely oem plate heaters
>>
>>14843519
Laser heaters right?
>>
>>14843082
fuck off if you don't want help then.
>>
>>14843629
NO U!
Only one guy posted pics of them being lights.
You suggested they block the plate from cameras. Which is hard to believe.
And I still don't know why they are on some cars and not others of the same year and model.
>>
>>14843636
they don't block the plates, they stop light from reflecting too much off it. if you were driving along and your lights fell on a numberplate they can shine back on you and be a danger
some countries didn't bother changing the law when they realised this will stop speed cameras from taking pics at night, while others did, thus why some cars have it and some don't.
change your fucking attitude and maybe you'll get somewhere mate.
>>
>>14843650
>they stop light from reflecting too much off it
Thus blocking the camera from seeing
Fuck off cunt or post proof
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.