[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tales From The Dealership: Daytime Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 251x201
Another day, another dollar, and some stories to share with you guys

Tale #1: Tundra Terror

>weekend starts off normal enough, get forwarded sales call about Toyota Tundra we have on lot
>answer call, it is woman calling to ask if we have the vehicle still available, which we do
>explains her husband is in market for a Tundra, and that they live about 3 hours away
>they are going to spend the next day looking at trucks, and will be working there way to dealerships farther and farther out if they don't find one
>her husband wants to know if he can put down a deposit to hold the truck, and if we would refund it if they end up buying one before they get to us
>we usually don't do refundable deposits, but we haven't had much interest in this truck, so I go ask a sales manager if they want to work something out
>we agree to take a $100 refundable deposit on the truck, provided they contact us within the next 24 hours about wanting to see it or not, to hold it for him
>figure they will probably never make it out to us, seeing as we were the absolute last stop, but hey who knows
>skip ahead to the next day, and my cell phone rings, and it's the wife again
>her tone already sounds....strained, over the phone
>she is calling to say they are on the way in to see truck, that they did in fact make it all the way out to us
>I tell them that's fine, I go run the truck through the car wash to blast the pollen off, and park it up next to the showroom for when they get there
>already, my bullshit detector is going off
>a Tundra isn't a hard truck to find, the only reason you drive out 3 hours in NC is because you are super picky, or tossing out of the ballpark lowball offers
>neither was something I was particularly in the mood to deal with
>god help me if it turned out to be both (foreshadowing alert)
>but just about a half hour later, I see a car pull up, and my customers get out
>fucking_boomers.exe
>>
First for first
>>
>>14840959
>lpg bread
>about to go workout
>realize i can lurk the entire bread later
awe yeee
>>
>>14840962
First to call you a faggot.
>>
File: pop.jpg (49 KB, 550x444) Image search: [Google]
pop.jpg
49 KB, 550x444
>>
File: i asked for this.jpg (4 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
i asked for this.jpg
4 KB, 184x184
>it's an LPG thread
>>
>>14840969
First for i fukt ur mum
>>
File: 1458944517523.jpg (51 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
1458944517523.jpg
51 KB, 500x353
>tfw never been this early to a LPG thread
>tfw I have to wait for him to type all the stories out
JUST
>>
Ids habbeding
>>
>>14840984
oi assualt with deadly bantz m8
>>
>>14840959
>fucking_boomers.exe

How the hell did I see that coming
>>
File: Just Right.gif (3 MB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
Just Right.gif
3 MB, 557x605
>>14840959
lpg, what is the most expensive car you have sold to date?
>>
>Tripfag making up car dealership stories
>Anons actually believing them

I don't know whats worse
>>
>>14841017
He seems to have a lot of detailed knowledge that your typical faggot would not possess.
>>
File: 1435690987078.png (13 KB, 416x500) Image search: [Google]
1435690987078.png
13 KB, 416x500
yay!
>>
>>14840959
Wait, so non-refundable deposits on cars are legal in NC? That's awesome. I'm in OH and it is illegal for us to do non-refundable deposits on cars, so people bail or demand their money back all the time.
>>
>>14840959
>now at this point I should back up and tell you a little bit about the truck they are coming to look at
>it's a 4WD black, 4.7L Tundra double cab, no fancy options (cloth seats, regular radio, no fancy exterior add ons)
>now this particular truck books out to just under 32,000 on NADA
>We have it listed on our website and on the lot for 30,599
>anyway, back to the boomers
>the wife sounds even more agitated now than she did earlier
>husband want to go straight out to look at the truck, wife follows along with a class 5 scowl on her face
>so boomer husband immediately goes into nitpicking shit
>starts grumbling about every small scratch he sees.
>asks me to pull the truck out for him which I do
>using my watch I time him, he spends 19 minutes underneath the truck poking around
>fairly obvious after the first 90 seconds he has no idea what the fuck he's doing, or what to even look for
>finally gets out from under the truck, and asks to see the keys so he can turn it on
>give him keys, give him standard line I give to everyone regarding please keep it in park, if you wanna test drive it I have to pull it off the lot
>anyways, he cranks it, then proceeds to spend 11 minutes looking around the engine bay, then about another 10 inside the cab looking over every single dial and switch
>he asks his wife to get in, I assume to see what she thinks of the space, and proceeds to close the door and try and just drive the fuck off
>literally have to step in front of the truck and slap the hood to get him to stop
>he opens the the door and says "Well I am obviously going to want to drive it" line that's just fucking dripping with attitude
>again explain he can't drive it off the lot, and that I need to copy his Dl and get us a dealer plate
>again I get "do you really need to do that just for me to drive it?"
>even his fucking wife rolls her eyes

>>14841013
do date, a 78K 911

>>14841017
>>14841025
I've posted my dealer sales license multiple times for skeptics
>>
>all of these suck ups
I like LPG stories but come on
>>
>>14841059
just shut up and listen goddamnit

he's a regular in the community and should be respected
>>
>>14840986
Bruh I'm with you
>>
>>14841039
Any particular reason to post that image Anon?
>>
File: 1456858150112.gif (897 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
1456858150112.gif
897 KB, 800x430
>in early for an LPG thread.

Bruh.
>>
>"Well I am obviously going to want to drive it"

god I fucking hate boomers so much
>>
Fucking boomers man
>>
>>14841058
Fuck shit like that makes my blood boil
>don't do x
>they start doing x
>act like you're the bad guy for stopping them after you told them not to

How do people feel this entitled and/or immune from rules?
>>
>>14841111
>How do people feel this entitled and/or immune from rules?
Merica'
>>
>>14841058
Where in NC lpg?
>>
>>14841058
>so I finally get his DL, and a plate, and we drive this thing
>so during the test drive, I put my small talk game to use and try and figure out what the fuck brought them out 3 hours, although I am pretty sure I know
>wife spills all the beans for me anyway, so I didn't even have to prod him that much
>husband has been looking for a Tundra for over a year
>always finds something wrong with every truck he goes to look at, or in her words 'can't make a deal'
>he_is_gonna_try_and_lowball.tiff
>they have been SEVEN dealerships today, starting at 8am, and have worked 3 hours east across the state
>at this point ladies and gentleman, I already know this sale is dead. he's not going to buy a truck from me (or anyone)
>this guy represents a special type of 'born in hell' customer to sales people (who usually, but not always are boomers)
>this customer gets the idea in his head about once every year that he wants a car
>he goes out, wastes a tremendous amount of time (both his and salespeople's) looking at cars, but never buys anything.
>the cycle can go on for years, hell, even decades. I've dealt with people who had been 'trying to buy' a certain car for over 10 years. It's straight insanity
>but my point being, I have dealt with this sort of turd burgler before, and at this point, I just want to minimize my lost time
>husband stays mostly quiet on the test drive, being a newer model Tundra, at has nothing wrong with it, so he doesn't even have anything to mumble about here
>we get back from the test drive, and the husband say 'go get a number from your manager'
>eat_shit_and_die_motherfucker.gif
>anyways, I go in and grab a coke, grab my favorite sales manager, and tell him about this clown
>now see, as people who've been in my threads before now, my dealerships trusts me enough to write my own deal,
>I don't have to take the price to the sales manager unless I am trying to do something straight up crazy
>>
>Be Britbong
>Already midnight
>Need to be up at 05:30 to drive my aunt to the airport
>LPG thread

Well it looks like I'm sleeping in the parking lot at the airport now
>>
File: 1405241838233.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1405241838233.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>14841129
>they have been SEVEN dealerships today, starting at 8am, and have worked 3 hours east across the state

If I subjected my missus to that kind of military-grade autism, I wouldn't have to worry about divorce. I'd just be a random corpse on the side of the road.
>>
Fill me with that sweet sweet indignity, Longpost.
>>
File: 1438068164757.gif (254 KB, 420x236) Image search: [Google]
1438068164757.gif
254 KB, 420x236
>>14841058
L-LPG-senpai.. We have a discord for /o/ related things and I was wondering if you were interested in joining, heres the invite: https://discord.gg/0rYg6rXopPuMajJD . No idea if you use discord in the first place, but it would be nice to have you.
>>
>>14841129
>I'm not buying a Tundra with a scratch MARY
Gotta like these boomer stories
>>
hey LPG, after you're done with your story can you tell me whats the average interest percentage on used cars in your area for someone that would get a top tier lender because of good credit?
>>
>>14841149
>the MARY meme
Now that was a fun story.
>>
Legitimately feel sorry for the wife being dragged around by her shithead husband.

I can't believe someone could be such a stickler and a jew at the same time... boomers I guess.
>>
>>14841143
Same, my gf would actually fucking kill me if I pulled that shit.
>>
I was waiting for an LPG to post this story

>selling shitbox for 500 dollars
>guy phones and asks if I can hold it for a week
>he says if it runs and moves he will pay the whole 500 no problem since I held the vehicle
>agree to it because interest in the vehicle was fairly low anyways
>week goes by and he shows up
>guys probably in his late 30s I think he might have been car shopping for a teenager
>rolls up in a brand new ram cummins all blacked out
>he looks pretty normal nothing to weird about him
>I'm actually confident this whole thing wasn't a trick or a waste of time
>let him test drive the shitbox
>he seems pleased
"So... I uhh only have 450 dollars"
>I nearly let myself get cucked, but then I thought about his 70,000 dollar pick up truck
>then it dawns on me that he claimed he would pay the whole 500 if I held it
>tell him I can only do 500
>he kind of gets weird and try's to hassle me about it
>claims he will go to the bank and be right back
>I live at least 10 minutes one way from any bank
>he shows up again 5 minutes later (probably just went around some blocks)
>he has 500 dollars now
>tell him it's not for sale anymore and he should honour his word when doing business with some one
>yeah that's right I went full edge mode
>didn't really benefit me either because I haven't sold it yet

fuck that guy though.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 750x609) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 750x609
Good thread as always
>>
File: 20160409_205525.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160409_205525.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>1/3 the price of gasoline
>literally cheaper than water
>makes ebin threads
How much more based can LPG get?
>>
>>14841172
So you are the prick who wasted my dads time? I was really looking foward to that car asshole. Rot in hell
>>
File: 1348879783015.jpg (25 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
1348879783015.jpg
25 KB, 400x302
Hell yeah, getting in the LPG thread early!
>>
>>14841172
You cucked yourself out of 500 dollars you fucking retard.
Bet your dick feels real big though after you denied a rich guy a shitbox that there are millions of on craigslist
>>
AHHHH I NEED MORE POST
>>
>>14841172
Similar

>Selling shitbox with no MOT (makes it basically worthless in the UK)
>Up for £400 bongbucks
>Only two guys ever showed up
>First was late 30s/early 40s balding real estate agent looking guy
>Spends literally 30 minutes picking apart every little thing wrong with it before offering me £50
>Tell him to go fuck himself
>Second guy is my mates cousin
>Looks over car, points out same issues as baldie
>Offers me the full £400 if I give him a jump
>Shitbox sold, saw it back on the road last week
>>
>>14841149
What's funny to me is when people get upset when their trucks get scratched. I understand a scratch by someone hitting it or keying it is upsetting but being upset about scratches around the bed and doors just makes me laugh.

Yo it's a fucking vehicle designed for work what did you expect
>>
File: wtfs.gif (2 MB, 298x294) Image search: [Google]
wtfs.gif
2 MB, 298x294
>>14841129
>had mr boomer bothered to engage me in civil conversation for 20 seconds, we could have gone to my office and talked about a price
>but his 'fetch me a price millennial scum' routine meant he was now gonna get to wait till I finished my zesty beverage whilst shit talking him to my co-worker
>my sales manager has dealt with this exact same sort of dip shit as well, and since we both know he's gonna invent a reason not to buy, we decide to have a giggle
>manager gives me the ok to toss him a super low offer, just to watch him squirm
>now remember, this truck booked out at 32K. We have it listed at 30.5K
>I write up a buyer's order for this truck for 25 GRAND...OUT THE DOOR
>I'm taking him an offer that's a solid 8-9 grand under value, on a truck that legitimately has no real issues
>I am going to set his inner jew to battle against his inner boomer-time-wasting-scum-ness
>he already has his game face on when I get back to office, but I am all smiles
>Him: "took you guy long enough, you better have a great offer on that piece of paper"
>Me: "Oh we are highly motivated to sell the truck mr Boomer, I think you will find it extremely competitive"
>I set the offer on the desk and slide it across to him, and watch both him and his wife go bug-eyed when they see it
>welcome_to_the_fucking_show.gif
>he literally starts to stutter trying to talk back to me
>I keep my foot on the gas
>Me: "As you can see, we have an extremely competitive offer for you. Would you like me to draw of the finance contract, or are you planning to pay cash?"
>he sort of pulls his composure back, and mumbles that he is going to use his own bank, but that he 'isn't settled on that price'
>Me: "Oh, the price? well sir as I am sure you know that truck books out for about 32 grand, we have you out the door for 25, what is there to discuss??"
>>
>>14841198
I'm having second thoughts now I'll be honest. I did get a little to high and mighty about it, but that guy clearly had 500 dollars with him, tried to get a deal still after making stipulations of paying a firm price. That 500 dollars isn't going to make or break me. I just kind of want to get rid of it.
>>
>>14841204
same thing happened to me
>car has no MOT
>i cant wrench so fuck it put it up for sale
>short kinda chubby dude comes guy and starts pointing out all this wrong shit
>tells me that i'm being cheeky with the price
>offers me half and tells me to hold out my hand
>o-ok
>>
>>14841204
Is jump british slang for you sucked his dick?
>>
>>14841147
no idea what discord is, should I try it?

>>14841154
yup. will open the floor to car buying questions when I finish stories

>>14841157
>>14841149
oh man, we should use that more, that story still cracks me up

>It's not a god machine MARY!
>but burgerking ring times MARY!
>pushrods MARY!
>I'm not buying FWD MARY!
>>
>>14840959
wait a minute i'm not about to fall asleep
what's going on here
>>
>>14841219
Jump start, the battery was fucked. Along with leaking oil from every possible place, having no brakes and a christmas tree on the dashboard.

Guy says it ran him £600 to get it back on the road all in
>>
>>14841223
Discord is basically a Skype alternative.
>>
File: dis_gon_be_good.gif (1 MB, 350x191) Image search: [Google]
dis_gon_be_good.gif
1 MB, 350x191
>>14841212
S-S-SAVAGE
>>
Hurry up LPG this story is too good and I have things to do
>>
>>14841172
I had a similar situation.
>selling Twingo
>asking price is 1000zł
>go for a test drive with the guy, you can see he's faking enthusiasm, at least he's going to buy it
>turns out after the test drive that he's actually under influence which pissed me off
>we get to doing business
>literally bows and says he's only got 900zł on him because he had to pay bills
>I say well, 1000zł or we have nothing to talk about
>pulls out 1000zł
>give him keys
>drives away
>>
File: mikebrewer_01-1068x580.jpg (174 KB, 1068x580) Image search: [Google]
mikebrewer_01-1068x580.jpg
174 KB, 1068x580
>>14841217
>>
>>14841233
When i see this gif i think of the "fucking chair."
>>
>>14841212
>we could have gone to my office and talked about a price
Sounds like he he did it right. You guys caved without any negotiating.
>>
>>14841172
>>14841239
I don't get it. Is this like a really beta way to haggle?

>I only want to pay x, great idea I'll just say I only have x
>>
>>14841223
You should, like the anon before said its kind of a skype alternative without video chat. You can also add people and stuff to your friends list now.
>>
>>14841239
>1000zł
>running twingo for $250
>>
>>14841250
Yep, when I bought my last car I showed up at the same time as another guy.

Car was listed at £800, other guy says he only has £700, I offer £750 and the other guy magics another £100 out of nowhere. I ended up buying it in the end for £700 cause the seller got really pissy at mr "oh I only have £700 except not really"
>>
>>14841254
http://otomoto.pl/osobowe/q-twingo/?search[order]=filter_float_price%3Aasc&search[new_used]=used&search[country]=
>>
>>14841254
Running shitters regularly go well below €500.
>>
>>14841212
Since he probably didn't buy it, it's safe to assume he is now going through 14 sellers every weekend yelling "SOMEONE OFFERED TO SELL IT IN SHOWROOM CONDITION FOR 25 GRAND"
>>
>>14841147
ey bud why u gotta ban me
what ranjeet ever do 2 u
>>
>>14841250
I've done it once because a friend I went with suggested I put 100 with him and say I only have 600 and I don't have 100 dollars still in my wallet when I give him the cash. I was young then and when I thought about how dumb it is to have to dig out more money after saying you only have so much I've opted for a better strategy. Have the money you roughly think you want to spend in a bank envelope and the difference of the full price in your wallet and actually haggle properly.

Say shit like "I can do 5 grand cash right now" instead of "I only have 5 grand"
>>
>>14841217
Did he look into the top left corner of the A-Pillar and yell to himself about its acceleration? Or his mechanic doing it?
>>
>>14841017
>having a whinge about good stories
I don't give a shit if it's all made up. I get a laugh about boomers and niggers either way.
>>
>>14841180
I just saw a PT Cruiser woody yesterday. I wanted to rip my own eyes out of their sockets.
>>
File: cheaptwingos.jpg (876 KB, 549x4681) Image search: [Google]
cheaptwingos.jpg
876 KB, 549x4681
>>14841254
Might wanna check mobile.de, there's much more cheap Twingos there. Also, there were quite a few reasons to sell it this cheap:
>brake hoses held up to the chassis with zipties
>broken rear bumper
>rust EVERYWHERE, chassis slowly breaking because of rust
>rusted and extremely loud exhaust
>16cm holes in doors after removing speakers
>leaking coolant
>low braking fluid
>stereo started fucking up
>>
>>14841212
>he is back peddling HARD
>Him "Well, just, with the things I saw on the truck...I am prepared to make you an offer at 22 thousand"
>His wife literally can't even deal at this point and smacks him on the leg
>Her: That's the lowest offer you've gotten in a year!
>I am now watching a man drown on dry land
>Him: "Well...I'm just not sure it was the best deal I've seen"
>Me: "Sir, if you'd seen a better deal, you would have bought it, right? Surely you wouldn't have come three hours to see me
>Me: "The reason you're here is because you DIDN'T see a better deal. Now what do you say we look at the financing"
>at this point, his wife asks us to give them a minute to talk it over, so I duck out and slip into the next office to ease drop
>the wife literally lets him have it with both barrels, telling him that he's being to picky, and wasted too much time
>tells him that's the best price he's gotten in a year, and that if he doesn't buy this truck, that's it, she's done, she's not dragging along to another car lot
>he is throwing out every single excuse he can muster
>well he doesn't want to use our financing
>he hasn't called there bank yet
>he doesn't want to get his credit pulled
>wife is literally almost screaming at him, says she can't take it, and storms out to use the bathroom
>I then dip out of the other office to bump into her in the hallway, and ask how the conversation is going
>she repeats to me the rant I overheard her giving to him about how this IS the best offer he's got, and she's done with his bullshit if he doesn't take it
>while she goes into the bathroom, I swing back into the office and get back to business with him
>he asks me will I hold the car for a week while he checks with his bank
>tell him I will not, but that if he wants to refinance with his bank after buying, we'll absorb the interest for him
>I can literally see the two halves of his personality waging way inside his head
>he's literally sweating like he just ran 5 miles
>>
>>14841250
It works on people who have no interest in what they're selling or really want the cash. If they're not super motivated like the original story it can backfire pretty hard.
>>
>$32k
>Tundra 4.7
Wut
>>
>>14841198
getting cucked would have been letting someone else lie to you and try to walk all over you after you did them a favor tbqh
>>
>>14841300
>MARY fights back
Seriously though, how could he not get it at a price this low? This doesn't mae damn sense
>>
>>14841300
this man just wanted to go and argue with somebody

he never had any intention to buy any car...

>>14841309
4WD and double cab

new that would have been 38k
>>
>>14841300
the fuck would you have done if he called your bluff and bought the car?
>>
>>14841320
They stopped using 4.7s in 09, they"re like 12 grand here.
>>
>>14841327
idk then
>>
>selling near mint foxbody
>new paint but stock 302 5 speed
>guy calls and says he wants to see it
>takes him an hour to get here
>bald headed tattooed guy with sunglasses even though its cloudy as fuck outside
>lifted toyota tundra with those black wheels with white stars and fake beadlock
>looks around it for a bit
>asks for a ride
>tells me to give it the beans at a straight
>I take it to 6000 in every gear
>just nods the whole time
>get back to the house
>"My tundra could pull on this piece of shit"
>"It's all show and no go"
>well sir its stock and its over 30 years old now
>"I didn't expect it to be this slow how about a thousand less"
>a thousand less
>I have it listed at 2600 and he wants to pay 1600
>tell him I can't go anywhere near that
>"well sorry we couldn't make a deal dude"
>gets in truck and spins tires leaving gravel driveway
genuine cunt
>>
LPG FASTER I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
>>
>>14841300
>as strong a battle as it was, his boomer-ness wins out
>he finally gives me the "well I just don't think this is the right truck, at any price"
>then launches into speech about how he might not even get a truck, blah blah, the car we have is in good shape, no payment blah blah
>the typical nonsense you get from people who were never going to buy anything in the first place
>his wife comes back, asks him point blank if he's going to get it, and says "you're done" when he says no
>wife takes my card, thanks e for my time
>mr boomer doesn't even give me a thank you before he heads back out the door

And that my friends, is how you troll someone who comes in to waste your time

>>14841229
>>14841251
I might have to try it here in a second then, granted I would have to dig out my mic

>>14841272
I would feel bad about inflicting this on another salesperson, but I actually do suspect that his wife shut him down after this incident

>>14841318
see
>>14841320
>this man just wanted to go and argue with somebody
>he never had any intention to buy any car...

This, like I said, you see this type of customer often enough that you can spot them a mile away after a while. He wouldn't have bought it if we'd offered it to him for 5 grand

>>14841323
Sold it. We basically wrote a buyers order for the break even price

>>14841327
we have a 2013 with the 4.7 sitting on our lot right now, and both edmunds and NADA list it as an option for that model year
>>
>>14841355
4.6 dude
>>
File: diddly.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
diddly.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
>>14841289
Worst one I've seen was about 6-7 months ago at a service station.
Two tone black and silver, red pinstriped with micra flecks though it that would have been about 8k worth of paint job (shitbox aside, it was really well done paint) and huge chrome wheels with the rolling mass of a small moon.
Curious as to what kind of creature would actually spend money on a heap of shit, I waited and did the pressure on my tyres.

>300lb fat, greasy, 30-something neckbeard, wearing clothes his mum probably bought
>starts up
>completely stock engine and exhaust

Can't even imagine the kind of nightmarish things that happen in that rape van
>>
>>14841058
most commission on a car? What car was it and what was the list price vs purchase price?
>>
>>14841373
shit your right, is 4.6, my bad

>>14841381
shit let me look...
>>
>>14841381
Most I've ever had on commission was $17 and 3.5 boxes of gobbstoppers
>>
Fucking boomers.
Anymore stories?
>>
>>14841409
please respond
>>14841154
>>
>>14841431
more stories?
>>
>>14841355
The 4.7 was the old cast-iron block. There is no 4.7 in a 2013. You guys are confusing it for the newer 4.6.
>>
>>14841381
>>14841409
On a single car, about 3 grand, simply because we had 13K worth of margin in it, and surprisingly, that was a BMW M3. Couldn't tell you what the list vs sale was off the top of my head, would have to go in and look it up

>>14841449
Provided the car was newer with lower milage, you would expect between 1.9 up to about 5 percent
>>
>>14841300
>ease drop
>EASE DROP

cmon LPG
>>
>>14841355
What would you have done if hypothetically he did take the offer though?
>>
>>14841473
Make it up on other shit.
>>
>>14841446
I have been "working" with this boomer who has a 1990 Camry wagon in and out of service at my dealership. He is an engineer of some kind that also happens to be totally broke and probably has shit credit. Every time he is in, he finds me and asks me for a quote on a Prius V. I basically did what LPG did and he still fumbles about needing to talk to the wife all the time. He likes to talk about car engineering and poses all these stupid questions that he probably knows the answer to just so it fluffs his own ego when he can have a conversation about hybrid drive systems. Now I just make excuses not to talk with him.
>>
>>14841473
>>14841355
>>>14841323
>Sold it. We basically wrote a buyers order for the break even price
>>
>>14841331
I would buy the fuck out of that right now, in Canada foxbodies are really high priced right now it seems
>>
>Stayed away from the internet for a couple of weeks.
>"Been a while since I hung out with some /o/tists"
>LPG thread

I was missing these threads, second story coming up or is one all you have today LPG?
>>
File: 1355792768734.gif (475 KB, 200x158) Image search: [Google]
1355792768734.gif
475 KB, 200x158
>>14841129
>husband has been looking for a Tundra for over a year
>>
>>14841446
>>14841450
No more stories. floor is open to anyone with dealership/car buying questions though

>>14841473
like I said, sold it, and possibly congratulated him on calling the bluff

>>14841483
I had a guy like this, except it was with higher end SUV's. Every time he'd come in he'd want a quote on some 40K+ plus SUV, and talk about how they needed something with air ride suspension because his wife had some medical condition
>>
>Selling my first car
>2000 mitsubishi galant, 182k for $800
>it only attracted the worst of the worst
>every customer had a story as to why they were in the shit
>one lady had an impala and never changed the oil and was in absolutely wonder how it no longer worked
>one spanish guy who'd botched installing a radio and his car burned to the ground
>30+ offers ranging from $150 to $500
>mostly single moms and older spicks
>I refuse to sell a running car with cold a/c and a $300 system for that fucking cheap
>about to just drive the car into the ocean
>finally one day a car full of bix nood niggers shows up
>fat ass mother, rachet nasty daughter in her 20's, early 20-something tyrone
>take ride 'round block with tyrone, get back
>he starts raving
>MOMMA, DA AIR CONDISHANIN WORK N DA STEREO IS BOMB
>Their mother pulls out a cash wad, pays in full, no questions asked
>who'd have thought the niggers would have been the hassle free customer
>>
>>14841300
I've never been good at Green texting but my god man your stories bring back so many memories of when I sold. I only sold for a few months but I worked lot for quite a while. It was a great job to have when I was younger. Thanks for bringing back some memories every so often
>>
>>14841512
sometimes you luck out

If anyone remembers Azar Hawke from back in the dya, he tried selling a 1000$ shitbox here in NC, and basically got the same result. You drag up the worst of the fucking worst
>>
>>14841512
>>MOMMA, DA AIR CONDISHANIN WORK N DA STEREO IS BOMB
>>
>>14841512

Live in Texas?
>>
>>14841531
central florida

>>14841523
The other day some anon posted a story 'bout how some boomer left the hand brake on for an entire test drive, and didnt buy it, complained about a "Burning smell"

christ..
>>
>>14841512
Negroids aren't all terrible all the time Just most of them most of the time.
>>
>story 2 when
>>
Just the one story LPG or is there more?
>>
>>14841512
this dude is so racist he cant even think the way a normal person should think

instead of thinking gee thanks for buying my car

its:

hurp durp welp them niggurz isnt all bad i guess
>>
>>14841149
>>14841157
>MARY
I haven't seen that thread. Does anybody have a cap, or have it copy-pasta'd?
>>
>>14841184
Not being a cabbage stinking zloty head from greasturn europe
>>
>>14841563
bumping for moar
>>
>>14841575
seconding this
>>
>>14841575
http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14512836/#14512836
Witnes it in all its boomery glory.
>>
>>14841563
>>14841565
Just the one today guys

>>14841586
lol glad someone capped it
>>
>>14841572
Check that chip you carry on your shoulder m8
>>
>>14841572
Fuck off, Tumblist. We see your horns and push bike. Go back to your BLM protest.
>>
Why the fuck don't I get offered cars 7 grand under retail, fucking boomers get everything handed to them.
>>
>>14841601
>telling a person who call out a racist they have a chip on their sholder

dude do you even know what that phrase means?
>>
File: 1460227750622.jpg (61 KB, 600x741) Image search: [Google]
1460227750622.jpg
61 KB, 600x741
>>14841355

If Le Angry Ute drove into your lot one day and asked for trade in value on his piece of shit lifted 2WD Tundra reg cab, how much would you offer?
>>
>>14841572
Cry more you bitch
>>
ayo lpg let's say

>you owe 15k on a car
>market value is like 20k on your car
>want to trade in for something new that costs 22k
>really good credit, never missed a payment etc
>have money for down payment if needed

would this be a bad idea?
>>
File: LPG_Story.png (32 KB, 800x251) Image search: [Google]
LPG_Story.png
32 KB, 800x251
>>
>>14841172
I'll take that $500 shitbox!
>>
>>14842391
If you owe $5K less than your car's worth and can actually get what it's worth then you can roll that positive equity over to the new car, effectively making the loan for the new car in the amount of $17K +/- whatever fees and/or extra down payment you put on top.

It's not a bad move.

A bad move would be
>owe $20K
>car is worth $15K
>want new car that is $22K
>fuck it
>end up taking a loan out for $22K car, for $27K
>>
http://legacy.kvue.com/story/news/local/2015/02/10/woman-catches-berkman-drive-road-rage-on-camera/23191979/

I work at a Lexus dealership.

This faggot drives a GS 300. Guess what I had to deal with one fine day.
>>
Great story, definitely one of my favorite lpg tales
>>
>>14842445
>http://legacy.kvue.com/story/news/local/2015/02/10/woman-catches-berkman-drive-road-rage-on-camera/23191979/

Wait you had to deal with that retarded nigger? I'm sorry. Story pls
>>
>>14841529
Nah, it makes sense.

>Holy shit, mom! This running car not only has a good radio, the AC still fucking works! It's fucking perfect at this price!
>>
>>14841600
Aw. Not even a story about a good customer?
>>
Can we get some lpg screen cap pictures going
>>
>>14840959

Do dealerships respect truecar prices?
>>
where in NC are you? I read your stories a lot and would love to check out the lot before I leave back to AZ
>>
>>14842613

>dipshit drives up in an admittedly not shit silver GS, looked like an 07
>spidey sense tells me to let the other employees take care of customer
>not immediately hostile, but extremely rude
>dont know what he came in for but i find out later he'd been an ass to everyone who spoke to him
>actus rude towards the girls at the cashier stand
>valet tells him not to treat them like that
>dude gets royally pissed
>goes back to car
>valet who didnt witness any of his niggatry opens his car door for him
>DONT TOUCH MY FUCKING CAR
>moves to get in
>spots valet who told him off
>niggamoment.exe
cont'd
>>
File: tumblr_na7vqlAgry1qads8no1_1280.jpg (306 KB, 800x655) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na7vqlAgry1qads8no1_1280.jpg
306 KB, 800x655
Is there a LPG archive? I got a couple hours to kill.
>>
File: 1460560664133.png (157 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1460560664133.png
157 KB, 500x375
>>14840959
>selling my magnus opis 2 years ago
>pretty much was a 67 El Camino I saved from a Mexican chop shop
>put a fuck load of work into her and a shit load of money into it
>new floor new roof whole front clip was restored along with the firewall
>but she needed a fuck load more work
>I was working a shit job at the time I brought home maybe 200 bucks every 2 weeks
>had to make car payments so I had no money left over lived with parents btw
>put an ad in craigslist asking 1200 for it
>pretty much say it how it is tell them it's a rust box with a lot of problem areas and I'm willing to haggle
>put up pictures showing the good and the bad, list what I got new for it and all the doubles I have
>specificly say in the title and description that I will not part out it you buy it you get everything
>1 day later get a text
>DUDE CAN I BUY YOUR CORE SUPPORT
>tell him for 1200 bucks and you get everything else
>guy keeps trying to get me to sell him my core support
>tell him I only have one and it come with the car
>guy calls me a dick and my ad is misleading
>copy and paste the ad title for him since he can't read
>"1967 EL CAMINO PRO STREET PROJECT FOR SALE *WILL NOT PART OUT CAR COMES WITH EVERYTHING LISTED*
>he never replies lel
>4 days later
>"can I buy your core support?"
>1200 bucks breah
Last I heard of that fag
>about a week later a guy from a local hot rod shop calls me and says he's interested and wants to see it
>almost cry thinking my baby will get the true love she deserves
>guy comes by about an hour later
>me and him shoot the shit and talk about cars and his business
>take him out back to see the car
>I pull the tarp off and as soon as he sees the rear panel and the gas door he says
>NO NO NO I've seen enough, I didn't know it was in such bad of shape
>tell him there was a picture of exactly that in the ad
>try to take the rest of the tarp off to show him the good stuff
>ahhhh I've seen enough it's okay
>leaves
Die inside
>>
File: 1456897217514.jpg (67 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1456897217514.jpg
67 KB, 640x640
>>14842720

> tfw

http://archive.4plebs.org/o/search/tripcode/!!9TEWI1TbGdH/type/op/
>>
>>14842722
The rear panel was fucked it had some weird fold that was about 5 feet long right above the body line and I don't think the gas door was original it was fucking cockeyed welded with fucking brass and super high beads that look like he used a 9 volt to weld and didn't use any shielding gas and can't forget the 50 holes around the gas door he used to try to take the bumps out of the sheet metal
>>
>>14842719
>does his best to get in a fight with said valet
>gets in his face, yelling profanities and racism
>some of it was actually kind of funny
>valet doing his best to keep his job
>rest of the valets doing an admirable job of not making things worse
>calls valet a wetback
>can plainly see valet carefully weighing pros and cons of kicking his ass
>service director finally intervenes
>go back to what i was supposed to be doing
>they gave the valet a talking to but in the end decided he did pretty well considering, let him keep his job
>this was back when the KLBJ morning show was still talking about the guy
>consider calling in
>>
>>14841331
Lol, that's the closest you'll ever get to an Alpha male. Clip on that tie properly, wagecuck
>>
>>14841149
>MARY
lel
>>
>be me 21
>50k job good credit
>ranger dad gave me runs fine
>get stoned and go test drive Manuel transmission luxury cars for the lulz

Hellcat has been my fav
>>
>>14841572
lol kill yourself you fucking faggot nigger.
>>
>>14841572
He's just a Internet edge lord he was shitting his pants in real life during every encounter literall garbage from both ends deal with shit boxes
>>
File: 1457501379474.jpg (14 KB, 600x442) Image search: [Google]
1457501379474.jpg
14 KB, 600x442
>>14841572

He's Florida trailer trash, he isn't supposed to be capable of thinking
>>
>>14842613
You burn the coal you pay the toll
>>
>>14842852
>manuel transmissions

i knew mexico could make something
>>
>>14842768
Praise Jah.
>>
>>14842636
Sorry, nothing of interest in so far as decent people lately

I might have a slightly humorous story involving a mexican family and a Dodge conversion van though....
>>
>>14842623
Yeah for $800 there isn't much you can ask for
>>
>>14843208
How do I get a job in the finance dept?

Also, I'm looking to consolidate my credit cards using the equity in my car, know any financial institutions that will do this for me? So far I only know USAA, Wells Fargo, and American Christian Credit Union.
>>
File: 1459959884202.jpg (121 KB, 337x450) Image search: [Google]
1459959884202.jpg
121 KB, 337x450
>Tell stories about idiots getting shtty financing
>The max rate in burgerland is 28%
>my current loan is at 35%
>>
>>14843247
>How do I get a job in the finance dept?
Finance managers are usually all people who were extremely successful salespeople and advanced into the position, or people who had a strong financial background (former bank loan officers, brokers, ect)

>Also, I'm looking to consolidate my credit cards using the equity in my car
In what way? as in consolidated it into a title loan against your car?

>>14843259
where do you live?
>>
File: 9vv_OhMhy7Wl.jpg (54 KB, 594x400) Image search: [Google]
9vv_OhMhy7Wl.jpg
54 KB, 594x400
>>14841572
>>
>>14843273
>In what way?
I suppose a title loan, or like a cash-out refinance type deal. You know, letting them have title and lienholder as collateral so I can get a better rate.

BTW, is there a way for me to know what a car's value used to be? Like can I look up what the 2008 value was for a 2004 sentra, today?
>>
>>14843310
I mean the easiest thing to do would be to see if a bank would offer you a personal loan with your car as the collateral for it. depending on the bank, they might not even make you hand over the title, but worst case, they would just hold it in a CD at the local branch.

However, provided your credit isn't total shit, and you aren't looking to like...spend years paying off this debt, why not just pull something like the capital one quicksilver card, where you have 16 or 24 months 0 APR? That way you could consolidate all the debt to one card, and pay no interest if you paid it off within the time frame, and you don't have to deal with tying up your car as equity?

As far as past value, none that I know of, although if you really needed to to get to a figure, you can use 15-20% depreciation per year, and work backwards to get a rough figure
>>
>>14843354

I'll try to keep the question simple because I have no understanding of Credit.

What is the best way to build credit when it comes to buying a car?

a new car? used? financing a larger amount? making larger payments? making bigger payments than the minimum? paying it off years sooner than i should have??
>>
Does anyone collect these? I pop in about once a month to check things out.
>>
>>14843273
how do you get a sales position?

also what would be the best strategy for haggling down a price on a car like this?

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5526984081.html
>>
>>14843273
The communist caliphate of Canada.
>>
>>14843373
>how do you get a sales position?
I literally got offered a sales position while working cashier at Taco Bell.

Of course I was three days from starting at a Lexus dealership so...
>>
>>14843384
sales position at an auto dealership I should add. not one of those door to door direct sales.
>>
>>14843373
So first, you need to understand how they get your credit score. You might know this already, but just in case:

Payment History - 35%
-The most important component of your credit score looks at whether you can be trusted to repay money that is lent to you.
-Have you paid your bills on time for each and every account on your credit report?
-If you've paid late, how late were you - 30 days, 60 days, or 90+ days?
-Have any of your accounts gone to collections?
-Do you have any charge offs, debt settlements, bankruptcies, foreclosures, suits, wage attachments, liens or judgments against you?

Amounts Owed - 30%
-The second-most important thing: how much you owe. It looks at the following factors:
-How much of your total credit have you used? Less is better, but owing a little bit can be better than owing nothing at all. Lenders want to see that if you borrow money, you are responsible and financially stable enough to pay it back.
-How much do you owe on specific types of accounts, such as a mortgage, auto loans, credit cards and installment accounts? Credit scoring software likes to see that you have a mix of different types of credit
-How much do you owe in total, and how much do you owe compared to the original amount on installment accounts?

Length of Credit History - 15%
-How many years have you been using credit for? How old is your oldest account, and what is the average age of all your accounts?

New Credit - 10%
-Your score considers how many new accounts you have. It looks at how many new accounts you have applied for recently and when the last time you opened a new account was.
-If you've opened several new accounts recently, you could be a greater credit risk

Types of Credit In Use - 10%
The final factor is whether you have a mix of different types of credit, such as credit cards, store accounts, installment loans and mortgages. It also looks at how many total accounts you have.
>>
>>14843392
Believe it not not it WAS dealership sales. Nyle Maxwell new car sales.
>>
>>14843393
m8 I know what credit is.
>>
>>14843397
i think he was refering to me
>>
>>14843399
I know just bantzing
>>
>>14841172
I made the same offer when i bought my $500 car. Ended up paying the full 500 too.
It's just how buying cars works. Get used to it
>>
Although i never made an offer before getting there. Just kept 50 in another pocket
>>
>>14843397
shit sorry, that post was meant for >>14843399

>>14843399
It was. To circle back to your question:

You want to have a couple lines of credit in play before you go to a car loan. You don't want to borrow more than 40% of your maximum amount, you want to make payments on time, and have 6+ months of payment history behind the accounts

It's the ability to pay things on time and over a period of time that helps build the score. best places to start are with a standard credit card, and then a store credit account (like best buy or home depot)

>>14843373
Go apply man. sales jobs are all about having the gift of gab

so far as that car, the cash in hand method will work best. Always has the potential to backfire, but just take the actual amount in cash you want to pay, show up, show the cash, tell him you will make the deal today
>>
>>14843366
>>14843399

And to the points you made earlier:

Paying early (before the statement date helps)

Paying more than the minimum (but not the entire balance) helps

You want to keep your credit utilization between 20-40%. Consistent activity with consitent payment history looks good
>>
>>14843422
neat. you have any experience with the first gen S10 blazers? I am trying to avoid the second gen, I have heard they have horrible electrical problems. Also considering early nissan pathfinders (don't know anything about them if they are reliable or not) and Bronco IIs. I want a smaller suv for camping and DDing in colorado
>>
File: IMG_20130501_135128_493.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20130501_135128_493.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1840
>>14843445
With the first gen? No. My wife's old Blazer was a 96, and yes, that thing was nothing but a gigantic money pit

When we got it:

-ABS was fucked
-4WD was fucked
-AC was fucked
-suspension was fucked
-Every single vacuum line had rotted into oblivion

Add to that, it was a giant pain in the ass to work on
>>
>>14843464
thanks man.
>>
>>14841059
he's a trip that doesn't deserve the faggot part.
that's rare.
>>
>>14843208
Do it, man.

And you don't have any good ones about GOOD Boomer customers? Or really any customer you thought was going to be shit but then turned out like >>14841512 ? Damn.
>>
>>Change oil on car
>>Copper flecks in oil
>>Shit. It's soon terminal.
>>RX8. Hides bearing problems until proper fucked.
>>Fill with 20W50. Runs butter smooth.
>>Quick sale ad on Donedeal.
>>1, 2, 3 shitepilots.
>>Number 4 drives off into the sunset 3k lighter thinking he got a good deal
>> 2 weeks later on enthusiast forum "HALP, my engine sounds like a tractor"
>> MFW it's the guy who bought the bloody thing off me two weeks ago.
>> Scorpy PM's on DD. Threatening solicitors and shit
>> Ye bought it as ye saw it lad. No way I could've known it'd do that.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
9 KB, 259x194
>>14841355
Thanks for the keks on a long lonely 3rd shift.
>>
>>14843464
So about that Dodge....
Speaking of which, Al Bundy is my hero. Got any stories of some Al Bundy types?
>>
>>14843534
this isn't really a story, but my mom's friend's husband gives me hope

>boomer in his early sixties
>dds a nissan pathfinder
>has a '68 mustang coupe project in the garage
>said to me a few years ago "you can sink 30 grand into restoring these things and they'll still only be worth 10"

truly, he knows what he's got. said he's perfectly fine with the I6 it has in it, no plans to swap. "i'd just like something to tool around town with".
>>
File: NO_MA'AM.png (403 KB, 642x476) Image search: [Google]
NO_MA'AM.png
403 KB, 642x476
>>14843592
He's the man we need in modern day society :(
>>
>>14843598
Why did you post a picture of Clyde?
>>
>>14843594
>said he's perfectly fine with the I6 it has in it, no plans to swap. "i'd just like something to tool around town with".

That is a thing a lot of people don't realize. With older cars, the bigger and more powerful the engine you stick in them makes them that much more of a hassle to actually drive. They can tear up the track and sound great, but they do not take to city driving at all. And that's not even touching the fuel economy of a massive carbureted V8.

A classic with a six or a four is the optimal one for DD'ing. Good to see someone remembers that.
>>
>>14843464
Wow 2nd generation explorers are like the stark opposite. Sure they have issues like any normal car but nothing like that.

Dun goofed not getting a 5.0 explorer.
>>
>>14841512

> uncle is selling his Pontiac Firefly for cheap
> gets a bunch of lowballers and shitheads
> doubles the price in disgust
> a respectable human being buys it the next day

Turns out that everyone assumes it's shit if it's cheap.
>>
File: 1459865016619.gif (766 KB, 200x153) Image search: [Google]
1459865016619.gif
766 KB, 200x153
>>14843724
>managing a big block engine in stop-and-go traffic
>mfw riding that clutch
>>
>>14840959
>Want to get new car
>have never financed a car before
My credit is nonexistant (never used, only checked), and I have about 250/month to work with. What do you think my budget would be?
I understand you can't give me a hard number without hard info, but just as a rough estimate?
>>
>>14841184
>>1/3 the price of gasoline
>>literally cheaper than water
How fucking cheap/expensive is gasoline/water where you are?
>>
>>14843789
you americans and your obsession with manual gearboxes in heavy cars with big engines

sure, you can do it, but you'll get stomped by a decent auto

erry time
>>
>>14843430
Why not the entire balance?
>>
>>14844077
I'd imagine that if you're staying close to your max it's going to look riskier than if you're using only a portion of your available balance and managing it properly. Something happens and suddenly you don't have enough to make your payment, or you need to spend more than normal on something and don't have the cash or available credit balance.
>>
Shit, is he still telling stories? Did I miss anything?
>>
>>14844122
only one in this thread
>>
>mfw I'm looking for a Tundra and most are listed above NADA value

I want a regular cab though which is hard to find considering everyone wants 4 seats.
>>
>>14841204
>have shitbox Cobalt
>Guy offers me a trade on his 05 Silverado
>fuckload of miles but would still be easier to sell because the south and he says it's mint
>agree to meet
>next day
>he rolls up
>truck looks like it's falling apart
>the. fucking. wheels. squeak.
>Missing trim all over
>CEL is on but plug is broken
>Let him test drive my car anyways
>fucker steals my Aux cable when I'm not looking
>>
>>14841129

And I thought the 3 months I took to choose a car were a bit too much.
>>
>>14843896

Do you know what your score is?
>>
>>14841250
That's how my dad does it. I don't, I look them dead in the eye after looking the car over and go "Will you take x?". Haven't had a counter offer yet
>>
Second tale when senpai?
>>
>>14841572

Found the spicniggerfaggot
>>
>>14844194
>2 months later
>still trying to sell same shitbox
>getting horrible offers left and right
>SO. MANY. FUCKING. S10s.
>Finally one guy at midnight messages me
>$3,000 and I'll come get it in the morning
>THANK YOU JESUS
>agree, don't sleep that night because car's been on the market 6 months
>meet him at local state park, he drove from 2 hours away (I didn't know this until he got there)
>Seemed like a nice guy. Worked in state parks as a firefighter, needed a car for his wife. They were driving an old Lumina
>He drives car for a minute down the road. Come back, he offers 2,800
>fuck it, deal
>Happy to see shitbox gone, hopefully it treats him better since he legit seemed like a good guy
>2 weeks later, get a message from him on bookface
>pic related
>"U better do it too lol"
>Start panicking that the car broke on him, don't reply
>nothing comes of it

I mean the car was in better shape than most cobalts for sale locally, but it had small problems pop up every other week
>>
>>14844215
nope, i don't have a credit score as it's nonexistant.
Like, never been used.when i tried to get a credit report from the big 3 companies none of them could give me one.
>>
>>14844307
How did these become popular?
>>
>>14844357
the pic? 13 y/o girls.
cobalts? basic shitbox that had potential to punch with the SRT-4 and import tuners but failed to deliver in the long run.
>>
File: 1453975759376.jpg (61 KB, 1280x950) Image search: [Google]
1453975759376.jpg
61 KB, 1280x950
Anyone else ever had a seller negotiate themselves down for your overly enthusiastic ass's sake?

>find more or less old dream car for $8800 an hour after it was posted
>call seller right then and there and arrange a meeting that weekend
>drive out 400 miles to look at it
>guy was still finishing up the interior and rewiring the stereo
>drove like a dream though
>tell him i'd write a check for $8800 to lock that shit down because there was no way I'd find one in that condition anytime soon and had been looking for a running project car for 4 months at that point
>"i don't want to sell it to you incomplete like this, man, give me a month or two to get the rest together so you can get the whole car"
>basically leave him a blank signed check to lock the car down because I didn't completely trust him not to sell it and was obsessed past responsibility
>updates me every few days with pictures and videos for two months working on the car nights after his nursing shifts
>asks if I want him to source and install some parts for it for an extra few bucks
>finishes up the interior
>fly back to look at it again and pick it up
>"man, I talked to some of my buddies about it and the asking price was too high. are you ok with $6700? i'd feel bad selling it for more"
>he didn't finish the radio wiring and feels like shit
>invites his electrician neighbor over to wire it right there and then
>other neighbors and his brother start coming by to chat and help out
>basically hosts a minor block party with beer and pizza brought over by his sisters
>found me rare interior body panels, plastic trim and threw in a free engine later
>had to say goodbye to like fucking 15 new friends

I set myself up for a potentially shit deal in every way, so I'm glad the guy wasn't a dick. He called me up to see how it was doing 2 years later, and I think was trying to see if I'd resell it.
>>
>>14841092
fuckin J00CY stimulation from that pic tbqh familia
>>
>>14844445
Once in a black moon you get a guy with this. meanwhile. ... The guy sellling me his 06 rsx type s with rust and a cracked windshield wants my first born and im considering it
>>
File: 1430067582068.jpg (149 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1430067582068.jpg
149 KB, 530x600
>>14841291
>all dose cheap hons
Guys meet me in Germany with a whole bunch of empty oil drums, some rope, and duct tape. I got an idea.
>>
File: 1452553215395.png (2 KB, 299x276) Image search: [Google]
1452553215395.png
2 KB, 299x276
>>14844478
capture and condense all the hons, fill an oil drum with said hons and ship it to murica
>>
>>14844445
Sort of I guess
>waiting for a manual RWD shitbox to pop up on craigslist
>finally a volvo pops up for $500 around 30 minutes away
>cruise over there and give him a call
>conversation made it seem like it was a dealership which sketched me out a bit
>get there and it's a boat supply store
>guy is working the counter, take me out back to see it
>been sitting for a year, brakes are seized
>drops a new battery in and it fires off right away
>ask him of I can make a call
>sure
>talk to my dad about it and he says it sounds good as long as I arrange a tow truck
>walk back, tell the guy I'll buy it
>asks what the ad listed it for
>$500
>he says $500 or best offer
>offer $475 because it's already in salvage territory
>he agrees to sell it for $400
>happy days
Still have the damn thing too. Shame it's too rusty to pass inspection again
>>
>>14843552
wew thts semitic
>>
File: IMG_0294.jpg (107 KB, 672x448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0294.jpg
107 KB, 672x448
>in the market for a new car(well used but compared to my 01 civic it's new)
>looking at post 2010 civics online and most are going for 12-15
>find a 2014 civic with mañuel transmission for 13k with 30k miles
>seems likea great deal and check it out
>cars fuking nice and want to fiance it through my credit union since I've been with the for a while
>"nah anon price is too low you gotta fiance it with us"
>tell them I can have a check for 13k plus financing for them in maybe an hour or two
>tells me it's not possible
>while driving home see a a Civic at another dealership decide to check out out
>auto 2012 with 50k miles for 13
>Vin check it and Catfax says it's fine and runs pretty well also
>offer 13k and financing throughy CU
>"let me speak to my manager"
>takes my offer and no qualms with my CU
>bring a check for 12k plus financing the next day and now own it

Not sure if I did the right call since I could've had a car with less miles and newer but so far I'm happy with my purchase.
Did I fuck up?
>>
>>14844445
This is a cool story, and not in a "cool story bro" way.
>>
File: raccoon.png (323 KB, 604x467) Image search: [Google]
raccoon.png
323 KB, 604x467
>>14844533
>fiance
>>
>>14844533
>want to fiance it through my credit union since I've been with the for a while
you should finance with whoever gives you the best rate. The dealership wanted you to finance with them as they get money on the deals the set up. So did you fuck up.. maybe you could have gotten a better deal letting them finance, but not that big of a fuck up.
>>
>>14844533
Ye bought an automatic so yes you did fuck up
>>
LPG! LPG!
>>
>>14841059
Shut the fuck up heretic
>>
>>14844533
>Settles for an auto
>Not so much cheaper you can swap it for the same price
Yes, you did fuck up.

I bought my Soarer for $3,700 and it's an auto. Same condition as $8k manuals, so i can swap it and be out ahead.
>>
>>14843950
Poland. Gasoline costs somewhere around 4.2zł/liter now, meanwhile LPG costs 1.7zł/liter on average.
>>
>>14844763
Does it vary from voivodeship to voivodeship?
>>
File: fuel.png (47 KB, 671x523) Image search: [Google]
fuel.png
47 KB, 671x523
>>14844771
Yes. Not only from voivodeship to voivodeship but city to city. I live in a city where the local fueljew oligopoly decided to have prices 0.15zł higher than 15-50km further.
ON = Olej Napędowy = Diesel
>>
>>14841572
NIGGERS NIGGERS NIGGERS!!!
>>
I got a story where I knew more about the car than the fucking dealer

>Go to chevy dealer cause I want new 2016 camaro
>Man named Ali approaches me and I ask to test drive one
>He says I can only test drive the V6
>What ever, as we walk to the camaros outside we pass a camaro that I know for a fact is at least a 2013 if not older cause of the lights
>He insists it is a 2016 but it's clearly not and eventually he tells me om right
>So we go to the camaros and I step in Yada Yada motherfucker don't even have a key
>We go inside and chat
>I tell him I want a blue one with dual mode exhaust
>He insists that all SS camaros come standard with 4 pipes
>Once again I tell him that's wrong, that dual exhaust is an add on
>We debate this for 10 minutes and he decides to Google image a camaro ss, he pulls up a pic of one with dual exhaust and goes "see, it's standard"
>Ok Ali
>I tell him I want to register the car in a different state because the taxes are lower there and I have a house in that state so no problem he says
>I'm going to end up ordering the car so he goes in the back for something
>I go up to one of his bosses and ask about dual exhaust, he comes out just in time to hear his boss tell me it's not standard
>So we go back to his desk and I ask if there's a governor on the SS. He tells me all cars have a governor and the governor is set at 120
>I tell him that's not right because I have a 2015 camaro RS and I have taken it up to 150 and it's a v6
>He looks stumped
>So his boss comes up out of no where and tells me I can't register the car in the other state because my license is not from that state therefore I have to pay the tax of the state I'm in
>I tell him that's wrong, all I need is 2 things proving I own a house like a bill and deed.
>His boss tells me no, that is illegal and tells me my monthly payment in this state will be 550
>Are you fucking kidding me? Ali already said it would be no problem
>It's illegal
>>
>>14845043
Continued

>I walk out and go to another dealer who tells me it's no problem to register it in a different state and that I don't need a license from that state
>He tells me my payments will be high 400s.
>Still sucks but hopefully the incentives are better when it comes in.

FUCK YOU FOR WASTING MY TIME ALI!!!!
>>
>>14845055
What a pile of idiots.

Oh well. Here's to me, buying a 200 yuro Twingo.
>>
>>14844533
>spending a decent amount of money for a newish shitbox with an automatic transmission instead of going for an older car that's much nicer
>>
>>14845090
>needing to restore some worthless old shitbox before it's fit for use
>>
>>14841300
>I am now watching a man drown on dry land
Goodbye sides my old friend ive come to rolf at you again.mp3

Your the only trip that isnt a fag sir
>>
>>14845125
nigger what
for the price OP paid you can buy two E39 530is in pristine condition and still have money left over.
>>
File: 1438515806206.jpg (15 KB, 266x317) Image search: [Google]
1438515806206.jpg
15 KB, 266x317
>>14841512
>>MOMMA, DA AIR CONDISHANIN WORK N DA STEREO IS BOMB
Sides gone again
>>
>>14844445
Yep there was this 40 year old mechanic who was selling a mint Commadore Calais for only 4.5k with rego and nothing wrong with it.

>drive 3 hours to see it
>get there its absolutely pristine the cleanest used car i have ever seen there wasnt even any dust in the interior and only a couple of age marks
>Was sitting in a locked garage for 4 years only driven once a month or so
>Cosmetics where PERFECT
>Engine bay was a little dirty but its a 15 year old v8
>Offer him 4500 with rego
>He says nah mate i cant do rego take the week thats already on it and ill do it for 4k cash
>Done.mate
>Cars insured for over 8k
>Come back next day he literally detailed the exterior again
>Even came with the stock headunit all the keys manual full service history and he changed the oil that morning
Guy was the nicest bloke ive ever bought of he ruined buying used cars for me.

i have since ruined the poor car but once i get some work i am gonna put some work back into it and get a nice cam put in and fix leaks, already mafless tuned and fixed suspension.
>>
>>14845174
where do i find all of LPG's older posts i feel ive missed a shitload
>>
>>14845180
you're a dumb nigger read the thread
>>
>>14844445
>mom's bf wanted 2500$ for his shitbox subaru wrx
>I tell him that's fine
>he ends up giving it to me for 1800$
>gets totaled (I'm not at fault)
>get 5700$ back from insurance
>>
>>14845180
4plebs goes back to about 2014
everything beyond that is just gone
>>
>>14843381
Nigga how do you have such a high rate in Canada? I'm from Canada too and my car loan is at 2.9%, which I consider a little high.
>>
>>14843743
Can confirm. My 2000 Explorer 4L only had a few things over the years. Replaced IAC, some front suspension parts, and tensioner/belt. That's it.
>>
>>14845186
Fuck

thanks anyway
>>
>>14845174
FUGGGG
don't save that
one part of the story is missing in that one
>>
>>14843397
>>14843399

Hey Aspergers, he typed it to inform the whole thread. God damn tripfaggotry full of USI.
>>
>>14843552

Your shits all retarded and you talk like a fag.
>>
File: fuck everything.gif (3 MB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
fuck everything.gif
3 MB, 267x199
>>14841355
>guy fucking rejects an 8k discount

Fucking boomers. Jesus christ.
>>
>>14844533
That sounds like total BS, man. What kind of salesperson would turn down a sale because you wanted to do your own financing? Damn. Seems like a red flag to me.
>>
>>14845496
The other dealership just wanted to make the commission off the financing, that's why they didn't want to take an outside check.

You occasional see this sort of contingent pricing at places, where the prices changes if you use outside financing, or they refuse to let you use outside financing at all. So much of the dealership's profit is on the back end, they use these tactics to ring out every dollar
>>
>>14841331
Fucking idiot, a clean fox for 2600 and he walks away?
>>
>>14841572
Spend enough time around them and look at crime enough and you'll realize the truth m8
>>
>>14842852
Que?
>>
>>14841129
>>this guy represents a special type of 'born in hell' customer to sales people (who usually, but not always are boomers)
>>this customer gets the idea in his head about once every year that he wants a car
>>he goes out, wastes a tremendous amount of time (both his and salespeople's) looking at cars, but never buys anything.
>>the cycle can go on for years, hell, even decades. I've dealt with people who had been 'trying to buy' a certain car for over 10 years. It's straight insanity

mfw I realize this is me, I've been looking for a good truck for about two years now. I've probably looked at 12 different trucks. never bought any. I can just never pull the trigger on the sale. oh god i am scum
>>
>>14845656
Hey Longposter, I got a hypothetical question I've been playing with for a long time.

I'm from Germany. At some point I'd like to fly to the USA, buy a cheap beater car somewhere on the east coast, then roadtrip across the US until I reach SF. Figuring I'd take one to three friends along for the ride. Then either sell it in SF or just chop chunks out of it for memo's sake and push it into the Pacific ocean surf. How would you suggest I go about this?

I obv. don't want the car to crap out on me midway through and I also don't want it to be so uncomfy that me and my mates end up murdering one another midway through due to being canned up for too long. But it's still gotta be cheap enough to be worth doing, otherwise I might as well rent a car for it.

Hands-on maintenance shouldn't be an issue since I'm an engineering student. Just tools and getting the parts would take up time that'd be a little annoying.

I was figuring, a large cargo van? Something liek a Sprinter or a Ford Transit with the high roofs and stretched body, or maybe go in multiple old trucks and pitch tents for sleeping in on the cargo bed? I can weld, I can rig a Sprinter into a crude RV by welding metal bunk beds into the back.
>>
>>14845817
How many us dollars do you want to spend?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.