[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People constantly circlejerking about Alfa Romeo >Ask
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>People constantly circlejerking about Alfa Romeo
>Ask why they're good
>Never get a response that isn't "muh soul and passion" or "muh italian heritage"
>Give actual arguments as to why they're not as good as people think
>ur all just poorfag haterz lmao ur so mad and dumb ur not even worth responding to

It's like clockwork
>>
>>14839704
i like their logo of a snake eating a mudslime
>>
>>14839710
At least that's a reason rather than just spamming "hater"
>>
>>14839704
>Being able to respond with "an alfa" when asked what you drive
>some of the best interiors for the price range
>always get compliments from females who don't know much abouts cars when you give them a ride somewhere due to muh interior
>never ashamed to pop the hood
>>
File: 42-2015-alfa-romeo-4c-fd-1[1].jpg (250 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
42-2015-alfa-romeo-4c-fd-1[1].jpg
250 KB, 1280x850
>>14839761
>Being able to respond with "an alfa" when asked what you drive
People will either assume you're a badgewhore or just be equally impressed as with any other semi-uncommon car. This argument in itself encompasses the very notion of badgewhoring
>some of the best interiors for the price range
[vomits externally]
>always get compliments from females who don't know much abouts cars when you give them a ride somewhere due to muh interior
You could kart females around in rebuilt red Fiero and they'd believe it if you told them it was a Ferrari
>never ashamed to pop the hood
Applicable to virtually any car you're buying the neutered version of a performance car like a V6 Mustang
>>
Busso engine, l33t Fiat engines, sexy design and a fucktonne of motorsport heritage.

That said, I admit must people just bang on about Alfas b/c Top Gear shills.
>>
>>14839790
I'd also like to point out none of this has anything to do with the car itself but rather the image of the brand [and subjective matters]
>>
>>14839790

I didn't realize we were here to argue. I just responded to your thread... I admit this is the first time I have ever came to /o/. I clicked on it by accident and seen this thread and thought 'hey, I own an alfa'

Just giving you the views of a non-car fanatic from /fit/. I think alfas are pretty cool. So do most people who have commented on my car. And I'm sure most of those people don't frequent /o/ so I guess it's the view of more "normal" people... Isn't that the view that matters anyway?

But yeah. Maybe it's different in USA... I guess maybe people hate it because it isn't shaped in straight lines to drive in straight lines easier.
>>
>>14839817
Regardless of arguing or not, I'm providing counterpoints.
>'hey, I own an alfa'
bread on hood.
>I guess maybe people hate it because it isn't shaped in straight lines to drive in straight lines easier.
Or because it provides nothing but badgewhoring over cheaper alternatives

>>14839793
I'll admit I don't necessarily hate [or like] Alfas but that's actually a really good point about Top Gear. For instance I don't think I've ever seen a Crossfire mentioned without somebody parroting Clarkson's shitting dog comment. As for aesthetics the 4C/8C are pretty beautiful, not a fan of any others personally.

From what I gathered in general, the point of buying an Alfa isn't to drive it, but rather to let the world know you own one.
>>
>>14839790
Subjective.
Everything you just said. Performance wise that Alfa would shit all over your civic
>>
>>14839911
>Still providing no objective reasoning
>Benchracing
>n-no you must drive a civic if you don't like shitty overpriced cars
k bruh
>>
>>14839854
IMO, what TG said about alfas isnt completely false, you cant really be a car guy if you havent suffered and enjoy a shitbox car you love but it doesnt apply only to alfas. But you know, everyone wants to say "im a true car guy" even if theyre just a stancefag or a bitch who only knows about engines from carthrottle.

MiTo isnt gorgeous but looks better than most hatches imo, 159 looks great for a sedan and oh gawd the Brera.
>>
File: NETS[1].jpg (431 KB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
NETS[1].jpg
431 KB, 1600x1064
>>14839911
>>
>>14839854
I don't understand your counter points... You asked why alfa owners like alfas?

Why did you make this thread if you already planned to make counter points to the answers? I actually thought you genuinely wanted to know.. Lol.

I'll leave /o/ now... This feels like the time I posted on /k/ about a gun I had purchased and got told by everyone that I only liked it because "slavshit" and other similar words equal to "badgewhoring" that I really have no idea about. I just like what I like... I fail to see why people on these boards hate you for not being SUPER INTERESTED to the highest level on the autistic spectrum in what they are interested in.

Oh well. Enjoy liking your car for more legitimate reasons than I like mine.
>>
>>14839911
funny because the new civic type R is faster around the nurburgring than the 4c
>>
>>14839927
Quick synopsis of OP:
>Nobody has any objective reasoning for why Alfa is good but will still resort to yelling OMG HATERZ AND JEALOUS POORFAGS at anybody who dislikes it
>implying you're not doing that right now

>>14839921
On the other side, can you really call yourself a "true car guy" if you're just buying a car for the badge?
>>
159 wagon in red looks pretty good i must say.

They are basically prettier versions of 20 years old fiats. With the price tag of bmw's. Driving involvement of fiat's, reliability of old lamborghini's.
>>
>>14839947
>implying you're not doing that right now

But I'm not. I'm just questioning why my reasons for liking something aren't adequate. It seems like OP is asking for reasons people like someone. And then responding with "but those reasons don't count because I don't like cars for those reasons"

Yeah. It's kinda like if someone asked you why you like a certain type of food. You answer that it tastes nice and then it turns out the guy asking you was a /ck/ frequenter who tells you that you know nothing about good food and just liking food for the taste is "tastewhoring" or something else just as meaningless to you.

Is everyone on /o/ this autistic or did I just strike it unlucky with this thread?
>>
>>14839988
You realize I'm attacking autists who blindly defend Alfa Romeo and act like it's god's gift to Earth rather than people who just simply like it
>>
>>14839988

Pretty much, sadly.
>>
>>14839995
So you created this thread to lure autistic people into a situation in which you ridicule their views on a car brand?

And this makes you feel.. Good? Accomplished? Superior?
>>
>>14840034
Does belittling me produce the same effect for you?
>>
>>14840034
>>14840038

I just had King Solomon in the phone: you both are autistic retards and shut the shit up while we discuss why Alfas are liked/disliked.
>>
>>14840038
I feel worse than I did when I accidentally clicked on /o/
>>
>>14840062
Is this your first time being met with somebody who disagrees with you?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.