[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stuff You Should Know (SYSK)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 2013-viper-srt-ralph-gilles.jpg (25 KB, 525x300) Image search: [Google]
2013-viper-srt-ralph-gilles.jpg
25 KB, 525x300
Dodge CEO Ralph Gilles has been sketching cars since he was a kid. Gilles heads up design for the Chrysler group, and is responsible for Chrysler Dodge, Jeep and Ram product design, in addition to his duties overseeing Dodge. Gilles is living his childhood dream as an industrial designer in the position of reinventing a classic American brand, under Fiat leadership. The 40-year old executive works long hours, but manages to squeeze in time to train for a marathon, to sit on several charitable boards in Detroit.
>>
>>14839099
Oh wow I'm going to look him up right now. Why did they hide this from us?
>>
>>14839099
Funny, he still designs cars like he's a kid
>>
>>14839121
Proof please. Oh yeah you don't have any, you're just talking shit. Go back to your cage you dirty animal.
>>
who?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1346
>>14839121
Yeah, he should be making more progressive designs like Toyota

Let's see your design then, faggot
>>
>>14839099
>tfw he's a bloody haitian
>tfw I just wanted to be a car designer and my parents crushed that
>>
File: g1345979241367790518.jpg (34 KB, 550x392) Image search: [Google]
g1345979241367790518.jpg
34 KB, 550x392
>>14839326
Toyota and Lexus are beyond saving.
>>
>>14839099
>>14839121
I think a lot of people forget that while a designer can be very talented, they are still restricted by the design language already established by the brand. With the American FCA brands, there is already a certain style established with the big grills and the large cars and all that.
While Gilles can put his own spin on things, rarely does a designer get the power to a complete overhaul of what the brand looks like.
If you want to see a designer get true freedom on a car, look at a new super car or high end sports car that gets greenlit while they are there. If it's a major departure, then you may see what they really want to do.
I think Gilles does a good job with what he has to work with.
>>
>>14839156
This post has a potential to be the first few sentences of a new copypasta.
>>
>>14839156
>Dodge Avenger looks like it wants to be a muscle car
>Dodge in general focusing on making stupid high-output cars instead of making a reasonable commuter/economy car

Just like a kid, he focuses on what he wants, rather than what the market is willing to buy
>>
>>14839348
Dominicans BTFO
>>
>>14839409
fuck off back to yor RCR channel cuck
>>
>>14839415
?
>>
File: 7b2.jpg (12 KB, 320x337) Image search: [Google]
7b2.jpg
12 KB, 320x337
>>14839415
What's going on boys. WFT??
>>
>>14839409
Dodge can't compete with the rest in making reliable/safe/efficient/agile cars, so they make badass cars with good 1/4 mile times instead. If they became another Toyota, nobody would buy them.
>>
>>14839099
pretty sure he was on Jay Leno's garage, he seemed legit

While I'm on the topic, the guy who talks Cadillac V/Corvette's and Old Man Panoz are other car people that seem legit from that show too
>>
>>14839515
I see that you did your homework.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.