[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on the last generation of celicas. I've always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: Celica.jpg (340 KB, 1554x1017) Image search: [Google]
Celica.jpg
340 KB, 1554x1017
Redpill me on the last generation of celicas. I've always loved the aesthetics, and there are some for ~5k around here.

Why shouldn't I get one?
>>
>fwd
>>
Part of the generation of looks fast, is slow.
Front wheel drive.
Factory rice model looks okay.
>>
>>14838358
>Not getting the superior GT4
>>
>>14838368
Forgot to include why you shouldn't get one.
You can get a decent BMW for the same price.
>>
>>14838364
It snows where I live and it'll be a daily driver.

>>14838368
Honestly it's still a nice upgrade in power from my current shitbox and I heard the handling is pretty nice.
>>
>>14838380
The handling is good but not the best in terms of fwd cars, but they're fairly reliable. I say go for it.
>>
>>14838364
>spouting busrider memes
>>
>>14838368
>Part of the generation of looks fast, is slow.
Fuck 00s+ toyota

Funny how every non jdm car looks slow as fuck but is actually pretty fast post mid 2005

>>14838358
>FWD
>Slow
>FWD
>SLOW
No turbo option
Stupid flappy paddle crap

literally a girls car
>>
>>14838409
180HP and 0-60 in about 7 seconds is plenty for a daily driver.
>>
>>14838422
You clearly are talking yourself into it.

Its fucking slow and its a girly car.

Get the older awd sillycar with a turbo

Dont be a cuck
>>
>>14838409
why do you need to go fast when you aren't allowed to go fast anyways?
>>
>>14838409
>implying I'm buying an automatic
>girls car

It weighs as much as an NB miata and has ~30% more horsepower. That seems like enough for me.

>>14838426
I'm OP and that wasn't me.
>>
File: 1450233428645.jpg (27 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1450233428645.jpg
27 KB, 720x404
>>14838428
Yank or Euro?

Your a complete cuck either way
>B-but the speed limit is x
Holy fuck
>>14838434
How much is it got link to the ad?
>>
>>14838437
He has a point. People who drive sports cars as DDs in the city are stupid

If youre having fun, youre at illegal speed. The only time you can legally enjoy your sports car is merging onto the highway. Not worth 3x or double the cost of a shitbox
>>
>>14838380
RWD isn't bad in snow, in fact oversteer is easier to control than understeer if you're a decent driver and know what you're doing.
>>14838428
You're fucking retarded, but I'll bite. A 0.9 diesel Renault will do 100kmh but an M3 will get there quicker. See the difference?
>>14838434
I like the looks desu and I've heard that it's one of the better handling FWD cars. It's a Toyota so it'll probably be unkillable unless you're illiterate. 150-190HP isn't as bad as retards in this thread make it out to be and if you're European which I assume you are and don't need to go 300kmh on the shitty long highways it'll be fast enough of a DD.
>>
>>14838437
$5300 for a GTS with 124k miles.

The local dealership doesn't have used inventory on the website.

There's also a GT for $4700 and similar miles, but muh lotus engine
>>
>>14838426
OP likes the aesthetics and a more modern Celica will give him less issues. They're quick enough for what he wants.

>>14838437
You're starting to sound like a tryhard busrider.
>>
>>14838458
>what is fun in the corners
>what is rural highways

But yeah, you have a point. I'm almost considering the GT for the greater fuel economy
>>
>>14838458
>Sub 7 sec
>Sports car
Do you cityfaggots ever fucking leave the city?

Go for a drive in the country or something!
>muh illegal speed
Get fucked cuck

>>14838461
>Dealership
>Used 20 year old jap cars
This thread is retarded and so is op fuck this im out
>>14838463
>fwd fags in a nutshell
>>
>>14838470
Yup, confirmed underage busrider.
>>
>>14838470
Sports Car: A small, usually two seater, two door automobile designed for spirited performance and nimble handling.
>>
File: 1454764532520.jpg (246 KB, 748x843) Image search: [Google]
1454764532520.jpg
246 KB, 748x843
>>14838473
GET FUCKED CUNT
STRAYA OUUUUUUUUUUUUT
>>
>>14838470
Goodbye and good riddance.
>>
I DD'd a 01 Celica GTS. Was a pretty fun car and still got great gas mileage. Went over 200km before I traded it in for a 5-door on just routine maintenance while hooning it all the time. 6-speed manual is the only way to go, shift points on the auto suck with this engine, even worse with the GT.

Don't get it if you ever plan on using the backseat for more than a storage shelf, if you are afraid of getting made fun of for driving a 'girls car', or if you want ride comfort.
>>
>>14838477
>Pigfat
>Handles like a boat
>Four seats
How is this a sports car? The guy you're responding to is retarded though.
>>
>>14838358

10/10 daily driver.

It's essentially a 2 door corolla that handles really well.

Just make sure to buy a 03+
>>
Listen man.... 7th gen Celica's are great cars. I've been daily driving one for over three years now.

Half the ppl here are going to tell you they are POS's, or girly cars, or slow, or whatever. And they may be right. The other half are going to tell you that they are beautiful cars, they're fast enough, they're super reliable, and to buy one, and they may be right.

I'm a dude, and I drive my riced out Celica proudly, knowing full well that a lot of people consider them a girly car. Eff em. I love it.

Its not the fastest car on the road, but it is one of the most damn reliable cars I've ever owned. It drives me > 100 miles every week day, rain, snow, sleet, or sun. I'm talking serious snow too. Put snow tires on it and it'll take you damn near ANYWHERE.

The only issue I know of with the GT model (1ZZFE) is that sometimes once they get 150k+ miles on them, the piston rings can stick and cause them to burn oil. I've never had that issue personally though, and have only read about it.

The GTS model has the 2ZZGE engine, which is a great little powerplant too. Drinks gas a little more, but nothing terrible.

My GT gets amazing gas mileage. Like, 36+ MPG.

Go buy your 7th gen Celica, and drive it proud OP. People who moan about it be damned. As long as YOU like it, then get it and enjoy it. I love mine and would do it again in an instant. Girly car or not.
>>
>>14838358
Not as fast as it looks. It's not going to win any races at the lights. Inferior to the Integra and there was never a GT-Four model for the seventh gen.

It's a solid little commuter, though. Looks good and lives long. Just don't buy one off a spic.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.