[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
S8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 941x630) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 941x630
Anyone here ever driven an Audi S8? If I buy one will I get a lemon or raped by Audi's famous unreliability? I'll probably buy it used at low mileage and only drive it for 30k miles before I sell it.
>>
Really it's very simple: buy it if you can afford regular maintenance, inspections and spare parts.

If you can't afford that don't buy it.
>>
>>14838050
We're all poor.
>>
>>14838050
Dont buy anything you cant afford, it'll just bite you in the ass and make you lose sleep.
>>
Why not buy an 07 S8? Glorious 5.2 V10 N/A engine, and theyre pretty cheap too. (looking away from possible surprise repairs)
>>
Why do people buy Audis? The appeal of Mercedes is luxury, and the appeal of BMW is performance, so what is it for upbadged VWs?
t. Supreme Gentleman
>>
>>14838109
I can afford it I just don't want to have it be in the shop perpetually because it'll be my DD. I could just buy a new one outright but don't see the point taking that depreciation hit since I swap cars every 2 or 3 years.

>>14838164
I prefer the twin turbo v8.

>>14838230
7 series is extremely boring to drive (and the front end is ugly IMO) and I'm not a big fan of S-class styling (on the sedan anyway, the coupe is beautiful). I like the A8 chassis and the S8 performance numbers.
>>
>>14838258
this
Have you also considered the Lexus LS 460F?

though it's front is considered to be butt ugly.
>>
People don't understand that the most expensive thing about high end cars isn't the price they are worth - it's the price they have to pay to keep em going.

>$200 for an oil change herrr derrr
>high end tires $500 apiece
>tune ups at the stealership because they made it too hard for the average person to DIY

Most of the parts on them are already overpriced. Then you factor in all the excessive electronics and motors and gizmos the car has for "luxury." GG
>>
>>14838258
The E65 7 series (2002-2008) is much more fun to drive than the Audi A8/S8 D3 (2002-2008), tested and proven. Can`t speak for the next generation F01 7er and D4 Audis though.
>>
>>14838296
If he doesn't like the 7 series or S-class because they're boring, he won't like the LS460 either. The F-Sport trim is just that; a trim. It doesn't really make the car more sporty.

Also, I think the LS460 looks very handsome.
>>
>>14838771
Of all the spindle grilled Lexuses, it does look the best (perhaps because it still has the license plate cover).

It is overdue for an update, as it hasn't been upgraded for 9 years now, so the future is either looking bleak or they're introducing a new grille (I hope the last)
>>
File: 40tfsi_d4_s8_s0_vs_s2_93_cc.png (109 KB, 904x607) Image search: [Google]
40tfsi_d4_s8_s0_vs_s2_93_cc.png
109 KB, 904x607
>>14838164
>Glorious 5.2 V10 N/A engine

The 4.0T is god tier.
>>
>>14838050
Coming from an Audi owner, if you seriously buy an A8 with no warranty you are an utter moron.
>>
>performance audi
>used
>not on warranty
Learn all the bmw and merc modern problems and multiply that disgrace by 2.
>>
>>14838230
I generally hate Audis but I like the A8. Its sleek, comfy and understated. Cant fucking stand the gaudy interior in the s-class and 7er is just a bore.
>>
>>14838050
if you're gonna buy one, buy it used from carmax and get the extended warranty. It'll probably be worth every penny. And it'll be good for up to 7 years and 120k miles.
>>
>>14840903
>I find genuine aluminum, wood and leather gaudy

Working class identify with the plastic Audi interiors better I guess.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.