[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i have an old engine and it burns oil sometimes. When taking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1457159687585.jpg (19 KB, 389x324) Image search: [Google]
1457159687585.jpg
19 KB, 389x324
So i have an old engine and it burns oil sometimes.
When taking hard corners the pressure light comes on.
Is it okay to top off on oil until i get a chance to change it?
>>
>>14836175
LOL your engine is OUT of oil if the pressure light comes on.

Basically its fucked
>>
>>14836182
>LOL your engine is OUT of oil if the pressure light comes on.
No it's not, the dipstick indicated it was right above the "add" line.
>>
>>14836188
oil pressure and oil level not the same thing. I had plenty of oil in my highschool car engine when i hooned it around a corner after replacing timing guides. Oil pressure light on and wrecked main and rod bearings. Clogged pickup from me being a fucking caveman with her.

most motorcycles on the other hand have an oil level light, but no oil pressure light or gauge.
>>
>>14836175
You are starving your vehicle of oil. Adding more won't help you. You need a new oil pump or you have a clog somewhere.
>>
>>14836224
>You are starving your vehicle of oil.
It burns oil, it's a 52 year old engine.
I can tell you right now that oil is flowing because there's no lifter knock. Regardless i already added oil to it. The dipstick is reading in the middle of the "full" section and the dummy light no longer appears. I'm wondering if mixing new and old oil is heresy or something.
>>
>>14836188
are you fucking serious? how do you think oil is going to get back to the bottom of the engine if it's down a litre of oil and you're taking a hard corner? if your oil light comes on it means you're doing damage to the engine. you're not supposed to be racing or taking corners hard if you're low on oil, top it up for fucks sake
>>
>>14836263
>how do you think oil is going to get back to the bottom of the engine if it's down a litre of oil and you're taking a hard corner?
It's already at the bottom of the engine, it was missing half a quart.

>top it up for fucks sake
I already did you dumb cunt, fucking read.
>>
>>14836175
>Is it okay to top off on oil until i get a chance to change it?

Yes.
>>
>>14836188
Holy shit yeah mate your engine is FUCKED i had that happen once on my old i6 and it blew up

Noice work.

Bottom end blew out
>>
>>14836346
nah
>>
>>14836278
How dumb can you be where do you think the oil GOES when you TURN a corner? It doesnt sit in the bottom of the sump thats for sure.

Fuck your stupid
>>
>>14836350
Your the dumpest OP ive seen in ages
>>
>>14836352
>your stupid
lol

anyway engine is fine.

>>14836358
You're the nigga that had a shit I6.
>>
>>14836362
i did redline it every day
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.