[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How terrible of an idea is this, /o/? https://losangeles.cr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 00g0g_d0u8008ju2D_600x450.jpg (48 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
00g0g_d0u8008ju2D_600x450.jpg
48 KB, 600x450
How terrible of an idea is this, /o/?

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ctd/5531272770.html
>>
overpriced miata
>>
>>14835856
mr2*
>>
Aux cable seals the deal for me op
>>
>>14835830
seems like not terrible at all actually...do it anon they are great little cars.
>>
File: 01010_kSy313fvg8z_600x450[1].jpg (48 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
01010_kSy313fvg8z_600x450[1].jpg
48 KB, 600x450
>>14835830
It is a good idea, probably. Check for main seal leaks & that block cracking problem. To avoid those issues and retractable hardtop I would go with this,

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ctd/5515216193.html
>>
HOLY SHIT AN AUX CABLE! Seriously it seems solid, the car itself is great, IMS issues are unlikely given the car's actually been driven and not garage-queened and so on. Price seems reasonably if not a bit low
>>
>>14835830
I'd go for it, especially with the AUX cable
>>
>>14838554
>Price seems reasonably if not a bit low
Reasonable*
>>14838530
>Automatic
>Numb to drive
>lmaoearly2000smercedes reliable
Not even OP but fuck off. The Boxster is an actual driver's car (unfortunately the Cayman wasn't available for the 986), that SLK is an expensive fashion statement.
>>
I would rather have a Toyota MR2 turbo (mk2), because i don't like the look of those late 90's/early 2000s Porsches, but it's a good little car, i guess
>>
Was going to say no easily but then I saw that they are including an AUX cable. Just got off my airline's website and will be heading out soon to try to buy it before you.
>>
>>14835830
good deal. I would get it.

It's high enough mileage to not have an immediate IMS bearing failure. Not out of the realm of possibility but it's past the majority of the data statistics of the mileage on cars with IMS bearing failures.

I own one and they are extremely fun to drive. The chassis is like no other convertible. It's stiff and feels like a car with a roof.

>aux cord

do it
>>
Aren't these the motors that have a known bearing failure in the camshaft at around a 100kmiles?
>>
File: serveimage[1].jpg (91 KB, 500x296) Image search: [Google]
serveimage[1].jpg
91 KB, 500x296
>>14838573
They're both fun as hell, but I live where it rains 50" a year so the retractable hardtop and ESC are more important to me than image or internet lap times.
>>
>>14839670
Don't lie to yourself, anon.
>>
>>14839670

what is the relation between needing a hardtop and rain?

hardtops leak too, and seeing how many electronics and mechanisms are involved in those mercedes retractable hardtops, i'd be terrified to own one.

Only climate related benefits from hardtops are that they are better for really cold weather.

Driving a soft top in rain is super cozy, that taktaktaktak from the rain hitting the top feels nice.
>>
Terrible idea. It's a shit car on top of that.
>>
>>14838554
>>14839266
>IMS not an issue
>less than 100k
It's an issue
>>
>>14835830
>https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ctd/5531272770.html
anyone have ideas on what the seller paid for this thing at auction? what's the usual margin for some shitty little used dealership on sub $10k cars?
>>
File: ! push-start fin 3.jpg (967 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
! push-start fin 3.jpg
967 KB, 1600x1200
>>14839906
>https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ctd/5531272770.html

I only drove the softie for 2 months (in the rain), I didn't like the rain & road noise. Also the rear window was yellow, vinyl is cheap but I didn't want to mess around with sewing or adhesives so I never fixed it.

Only issues I've had w/ the SLK hardtop assy is the two cable clips can fall out of the roof and get pinched. It'd be a pita if the hydraulics ever leaked though.

Mercedes and Porsche forums attract plenty of entitled whiners as you might expect but desu both Merc and VAG in general might be bad choices if you're not into electronics.
>>
>>14835830
Fuck, I'd do it. Boxsters are plenty reliable and even DDable as far as sports cars go.
>>
>This IP has been automatically blocked.
If you have questions, please email: [email protected]
?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.