[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /O/ this is my first time here but I recently totaled my 2009
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3
Hi /O/ this is my first time here but I recently totaled my 2009 smart car, I will mourn her till the day I die, and am looking at amother sub compact. A dealership near me has a 2014 Chevy Spark at 12K with 40K miles OR a 2015 fiat 500 Pop for 13K at 7k miles. I know I am a faggot who drives fag cars but i live in a bigger city, am looking at something with decent milage that doesn't need plugged in and like subcompacts so which would you recommend.
>>
>>14835233
>>
>>14835255
You think? I don't doubt anyone cuz I know fuck all but is there a reason why? I'd love to find out as much ad I can from you experts
>>
My sister has the 500, it's a bit funny looking but it's really comfy. Just get that instead
>>
>>14835233
em2 civic for <4k
>>
>>14835233
honestly chevy spark looks gay as fuck the fiat has style. Girls will love it.sure bro's will make fun of you but thats just because there not comfortable enough with their sexuality to drive something small and economically. N
>>
>>14835233

ford fiesta with manual transmission is your answer. or a mazda 2
>>
>>14835294
I cannot drive a manual as I never had a father
>>
>>14835301
it takes like 5 minutes to learn to drive stick. watch some youtube videos, when you go to the dealer they'll most likely be will to let you try it out
>>
>>14835316
Fair enough
>>
Looks like they also have a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth at 14k and 27K miles. Ought I to consider that?
>>
>>14835233
get a toyota yaris. anything else is retarded, especially a fiat 500
>>
File: 2014-Chevy-Spark-Review-0008.jpg (2 MB, 2218x1469) Image search: [Google]
2014-Chevy-Spark-Review-0008.jpg
2 MB, 2218x1469
>>14835233

I kind of like the Spark in green.

Those headlights are pretty huge.
>>
>>14835423
They do have a 2015 Yaris L for 14k and 18K miles. I will test drive that tomorrow
>>
>>14835233
All these cars are shit. The 500 abarth is the funnest but could be unreliable.

Get a motorcycle or take public transportation.
>>
>>14835432
>>14835432
>>14835432
Get the Yaris fagit.

Otherwise expect to pay out the ass for "maintenance" on the Fiat, and just expect shitty quality all around on the Chebby.
>>
>>14835436
Omaha had exceptionally bad public transport and I have inner ear issues preventing me from riding bikes and motorcycles
>>
>>14835294

This, both are basically the same car. Unless you're talking about the late 2015 model
>>
>>14835446
What do you mean by "maintainence" I know fuck all about cars so. Also the Yaris L looks a bit bigger but not much, which I like. I drive fuck huge SUV at work and I hate going from my smart to those behemoths. I do hate my smart in the snow though so a step up size wise might not be the worst.
>>
>>14835460
>Fix
>It
>Again
>Tony
>>
>>14835405
abarth is nice, get in manual. also consider the 1.0 T fiesta with 5 speed
>>
>>14835473
So basically they break frequently?

>>14835478
I really truly am not looking for a manual.I honestly didn't know the Abarth was a manual only, sorry for being a faggot
>>
>>14835447
cash or financing? how much down?
>>
They seem to also have a 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage for 11K at 13K miles. Is it worth considering?
>>
>>14835509
Honestly it will end up being financing, likely with little down, I have 700 or so credit score though so I'm not super concerned about it from that end.
>>
>>14835512
>used Mirage
>11k

I knew these prices were high. Where dafuq are you?

You can get a Mirage with 0 miles for 11k BEFORE incentives/rebates.
>>
>>14835516
Try to find a fit ex with a manual or a chevy sonic RS. Ignore the fit if you don't want a manual. CVTs are shit.
>>
>>14835534
Damn okay that might be questionable then. I'm showing a 2015 Chevy Sonic LTZ at 14k and 14k miles here too. Are they giving me the wash on every car I've mentioned?
>>
>>14835255
Just a bit larger than your late smart
seats 4
has a decent boot

its pretty much a FF smart but bigger and made by FCA instead of Damlier-Benz

Its slower than the smart, unless your smart was a MHD or a 0.6L
Get the Abath version if you want fun and blast away people on the high way with your comically tiny car
>>
>>14835557
Is the maintainence claim made earlier legit?
>>
>>14835552
Sonic is only good in RS form. It gets rear disc brakes. Lots of these have rear drums.
>>
>>14835569
Let's pretend I don't know the advantages of disks over drums.
>>
>>14835552
>CVT Sanic
nah mang
>>
>>14835572
disk is better
500 has disks all around and its light as fuck meaning it has great breaking

Sanic, Spark, any other econobox nowadays comes with rear drum breakes because its cheaper to make and the manufactures don't expect you ever need to break hard or have anything that resembles fun on these things
>>
>>14835233
Fiesta or fiat test drive em see which one you dig more... You will not like the spark... No one does.. If your going chevy go cruze
>>
>>14835552
ARE YOU USING A BUY HERE PAY HERE USED CAR DEALER?
>>
>>14835587
So real talk I'm down between the 500, the Yaris L and the Spark. The cost difference is not that crazy and no matter which car I get I will probably be a tacky fuck and think about ad wrapping so that makes the cost hopefully even less crazy. Which car is best in terms of low maintenance and just good for a dumb fuck with cars?
>>
>>14835596
Yes most likely.
>>
>>14835604
Get financing through a credit union so you know your options or they will bend you over and fuck you
>>
>>14835629
I will look into that but none of the credit unions around me are showing 0% apr which this dealership might have as an option.
>>
>>14835600
Never really owned or had to care for any of these models, but I drove 500s and Yaris'

On a driver's perspective the 500 is the best choice, feels nice to drive and it isn't gutless like the yaris, while the engine on the little Toyota feels gutless as soon you pass the 1k rpm line

No comments on the spark never touched one, I don't think GM even sells them where I live
>>
>>14835647
I really hope you are trolling...
Go get financing through a credit union that way you have an idea about what your working with when you walk onto the lot.. Offer them atleast 1k less than the sticker price dont take no for an option... Walk away if you have to, they will call you back...

The reason you get outside financing first is because that gives you a point to negotiate from and the dealer is more likely to give you a better offer to get you to finance with them.

If you roll in blind and try to buy a car from them with their financing and no information to stand on they will bend you over and fuck you like a dog.

My brother works in F&I and destroys people like you on the reg.. Just gonget it so you have a better option for them to compete with
>>
>>14835629
This.

Seriously, shop around to get some rates. Credit unions are a good place to start. If your credit is really good, sometimes the dealer can get you a better rate, but you want to walk in with at least a pre-approval letter.
>>
>>14835680
Carmax says they haggle but I will try
>>
>>14835736
Carmax doesnt haggle if thats where you go dont bother with it...every other dealership does..use truecar or costco if you dont want to play the negotiating game... But still walk in with independent finacing and make them beat it otherwise your theirs on a silver platter
>>
>>14835233
The 500 is total shit. The spark is okay. The only good car of that size is the Scion iA/Mazda2 (depending on what country you're in)
>>
>>14836008
What about the Yaris L I mentioned also?
>>
Hey /o/ is a Honda Fit worth looking into? I can get a 2015 LX with 18K miles for about 15K or a new 2016 for about 17K
>>
>>14835587
they do this because rear drums require no maintenence on shit cars like these the only time rear brakes are used are for stability control and parking(if youre smart enough)
>>
>>14838343
Fit is decent, would have a higher resale value than anything else listed, would be A better car than the spark and yaris
>>
>>14838413
This. I keep thinking it's time to change the shoes on my rear drum brakes but every time I pop them open there's still PLENTY of material left. I've literally never needed to change them.
>>
>>14838540
So between a 2015 Fit or a 2015 Fiat Pop which would you get? The difference is 2K more for the fit so not a huge difference.
>>
>>14838809
Neither, get a Ford Fiesta
https://youtu.be/gw-3zLZheII?t=46s
>smaller than Honda Fit
>almost twice the horsepower of a Honda Fit
>still better gas mileage than a Honda Fit
>>
>>14838844
I cannot drive a stick
>>
>>14838867
You have already conceded that learning to is piss easy, just fucking do it already man, your life will be better for it.
>>
>>14838809
I would get the fiesta, just test drive one it wont hurt you, its the most enjoyable of the three. They have automatic transmissions if youre afraid of manual.

Would get the a Fit next, Honda makes a reliable car and down the line it will hold its value the best.

Fiat i would avoid unless you were leasing personally would never own one dont trust them and when (not if)something breaks on it youre paying waaay more for repairs than the other two.

You'll get the most enjoyment out of a manual fit/fiesta fit the most unless you live in a city with lots of hills like SF. You can learn manual easy just dont be afraid of it. I bought my first manual car new off the lot with no experience and i'll never go back to auto. Both cars are fine for the segment in automatic. Fiats are fun little cars but i wouldnt trust one to be reliable or hold its value.

Honda Fit will more than likely be the best fit out of the cars your considering. But test drive the fiesta you might like it.
Stay the fuck away from the chevy sonic you will regret it.
>>
File: 1459434373313.jpg (4 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1459434373313.jpg
4 KB, 250x241
>>14835233
>/O/

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY BOARD YOU NORMIE
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.