[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone ever own an older Cadillac Deville like pic related? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
Anyone ever own an older Cadillac Deville like pic related? I've heard horror stories about the older caddy eldarado, what about the deville? I've been looking into them, i love the look and feel.
>>
I owned a pre-northstar deville (1990). Ask me anything
>>
My parents owned one and a catera when they were new

The devilles have the same engines as the el dorados, which suffer from overheating problems caused by blown headgasket because the headbolts corrode. Besides that, you're golden.

The interior quality isnt upto european standards, nor are the electronics. but they're very comfortable cars.

Would drive the fuck out of one with the nothstar performance fix done to it.
>>
>>14834651
how reliable was it? Any major problems?
>>
File: caddy.jpg (96 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
caddy.jpg
96 KB, 800x600
>>14834713
-Suspension goes soft pretty quickly so make sure the air ride is in tip top shape

-The 4.5 is most likely going to develop an oil leak

-The car destroys front steering components due to FWD V8. Check ball joints, tie rods etc.

-Comfy as fuck, good audio for a '90

7/10 would buy again, just check the things above

Pic related, mine
>>
I have a 94 4.9 deville, my sister drove it for 5 years and crashed it three times and never changed the oil. It's still runNing alright at 194k miles (I changed the oil and did a little maintenance after it was given to me). Seats are great, car is roomy, very good in snow, sluggish throttle response, audio is great, very comfortable cruiser.
>>
File: doubt.png (38 KB, 300x171) Image search: [Google]
doubt.png
38 KB, 300x171
>>14835759
>no oil changes for 5 years
>>
>>14834792
>>14835759
i definitely will look into an early 90's model. The 98-2000 models are nothing but horror stories with the northstar engines.
>>
I'm a mercedes guy myself but mom has a 2002 Deville with Northstar. Its fast as fuk! GM cars were garbage in the late 1970 to early 1990's. overpriced rusty clown car shit boxes.

But this 2002 DeVille is nice I must admit..
>>
>>14836335
Northstars aren't half as bad as some people make them out to be. They're extremely reliable engines and the 4t80 transmission is unkillable. Headgaskets are an issue, but a stud kit will fix any potential HG woes for a lifetime and then some.

They do leak and burn oil. My Dads STS he bought new was leaking within 3 years. Not really a big deal though. Just keep it topped off and you'll be fine. My Dads car ran to 200k miles before he sold it and my buddy had an Eldo he ran nearly 300k miles before it got totaled in an accident. In addition to the dipstick, they have a built in oil sensor that will alert you when the car is 1qt low. Top it off and you wont have any problems.

If I were looking for an older Cadillac, there's no way I would opt for a 4.9 slug over a 4.6 quadcam Northstar. In that case, you're better off with a Lincoln TC Mercury GM. You're getting an extra 100hp with the N*. These cars are faster than the Mercury Marauder and Impala SS. In terms of stock power per dollar, I don't think there's a better deal on the market.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.