[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
say what you want, but it takes BALLS to produce a car like this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: fiat_multipla_06425[1].jpg (90 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
fiat_multipla_06425[1].jpg
90 KB, 800x533
say what you want, but it takes BALLS to produce a car like this
>>
Yeah, like three of 'em
>>
File: 1459813057629.jpg (24 KB, 200x225) Image search: [Google]
1459813057629.jpg
24 KB, 200x225
>>
and even bigger ones to actually drive it on a daily basis
>>
Practicality above all else, and even if you're on the inside you won't escape its, uh, "unique" styling.
>>
>>14834559
it doesn't look that bad.. it looks "alternative"
>>
>2001 + 15 many space odisseys
>there are still people hating the Multipla, PT Cruiser, Atantime and CX
>>
>>14837209
Just because the year changes, doesn't mean everyone will change their opinion on something
>>
>>14834559
Theorycrafting time.
I think this car may have caused, on top of a lot of other reasons obviously, the decline in originality in car design that we see nowadays. Auto manufacturers are scared to produce anything that looks different, original or goes a bit over the top because they don't want any of their cars to be remembered the way the Multipla was. Literally everyone and their mother know their Multipla memes, even though it's been 12 years since FIAT stopped producing the first gen model. That's really bad marketing and I'm sure it caused FIAT problems. Thoughts?
>>
>>14837411
the Multipla sold a lot
>>
>>14837411
A lot of people made fun f the Multipla and the Nissan Cube for being ugly, and that didn't stop them from both having a second generation and selling pretty well (though the Cube did poorly in EU and US markets, it sold by tons on the asian market)
That doesn't change the sales so much but the reputation of the maufactorer is another question
>>
>>14837209

>hating the Avantime

Why? Its a two door Scenic, what's bad about that?
>>
>>14837429
Both the multipla and the cube go to show that no matter how ugly a car is, if it's practical and serves its purpose well people will buy it.
The fact that there's even cube clubs now go to show the kind of cult following they've got just because while they look so unusual, they're actually pretty good DDs - roomy, plenty of boot space, don't fall apart, motor is uninspiring but reliable, etc.
>>
>>14837411
it actually sold well and is used in Rome as a taxi
>>
>>14837783
It was Renault's bigget flop by far. Terribly marketed, designed for a target market that didn't exist, got very poor reviews, the whole lot.
On one hand that's a shame because the production was stopped pretty quickly, and it was possibly the last french car that was really forward-thinking (not to mention the first of these in a long time). On the other hand, they now cost between 7k and 10k euro nowadays. Nobody wants them even now.
>>
>>14839316
Avantimes are really fucking cheap.
Which is great, because I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I needed a people carrier.
>>
>>14839944
>considered the most recent collectible vehicle due to small production number
>collectors agreeing that it might become sort of a classic in the next decades
>still compatible with a lot of Renault pieces, making repaird easy and spare parts cheap
>somewhat hard to find in France
>always at least three of them on german ebay for less than 10 000 yurodollars
I'll probably get one once I move and get a garage or some proper parking space. And then laugh at all the people driving old Espace boremobiles
>>
>>14834572

underrated post
>>
>>14840867
I didn't get it
>>
>>14837416
it didn't sell well enough for a proper second gen.
what happened was the 1st gen got toned down in looks
>>
>>14841493
shut up cuck
>>
>>14844527
yellow punto lad is this you?
>>
>>14834572
top fucking kek
>>
>>14834572
My father bough one of them.

I hope that fucker rots in hell.
>>
>>14844882
why do you hate your father?
>>
>>14841062

Multiplas have 3 front seats
>>
>>14845053
WFT is that even legal???
>>
>>14845995

>is that even legal???

Why wouldn't it be?
>>
>>14834559
I just realised what it looks like. It looks like a roll of fat on an obese American, bisected by a belt and sticking out underneath.
At least, the front does. From the fatroll back, it looks like it has a birth defect, with the tall windows and the beady little eyes and the tiny wheels.

I mean, it ticks all of /o/'s boxes for car design, though.
> Not standard aero shape
> Low beltline
> Big windows
> High seating position
> Four door more whores
>>
>>14845995
Perfectly legal for vans.
>>
>>14845995
why not? some weird french sports car had 3 fronts seats too
>>
>>14846637
literally the cuck car
>>
>>14846806
I dunno, it's pretty neat when folded into a 30cm wide armrest.
>>
>>14834572
1st post=best post
>>
>>14846806
>enough room for your wife AND her son
>>
I would really want to own one. I think it's a cool idea to drive with 3 people in the front seats. The problem would be finding at least 1 other person that would drive with you.
>>
File: shit just got feel.jpg (48 KB, 300x228) Image search: [Google]
shit just got feel.jpg
48 KB, 300x228
>>14847343
>The problem would be finding at least 1 other person that would drive with you.
>>
>>14839316
It wasn't actually designed to sell
It was based on espace and was just crazy idea of matra-derrived renault engineers. Renault owed them a lot for very successful espace, so they gave green light for this project. Not big production volume and low costs thanks to shared platform.
Renault of that era that really was a flop was Vel Satis in my opinion.
Don't you ever bitch about car company "not playing it safe". Would there ever be twingo or clio v6 if they did?
>>
>>14846806
3-seater would be optimal car for me. Only people that I take as passengers are my gf and my mom, which kept me from going all miata
>>
>>14847388
Don't get me wrong, it is a good thing they did a ballsy move like the Avantime. Only isue is that it didn't really catch on. Not only in terms of sales, but also of influence. As you said the Velsatis failed pretty bad and it was trying to follow as somewhat similar line. It's a shame a lot of the good ideas of the Avantime are not found anywhere else (like the huge doors and their two-points opening system, the "empty" aesthetic with glass everywhere making it look and feel ridiculously spatious, etc)
If anything, they should go bonkers again, just to see how it would end up. It's been a while since we've had a proper french mamobile. Give Matra another chance to fuck shit up.
>this might actually happen with Alpine being revived
>you might live to see the french automotive industry be great again
>>
>>14847388
>Renault of that era that really was a flop was Vel Satis in my opinion.
I dunno anon, I've seen a few VelSatis on the streets but I never ever saw an Avantime.
>>
>>14847388
>twingo or clio v6
if would mind if it would have detuned current f1 engine
>>
File: Espace f1.jpg (93 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Espace f1.jpg
93 KB, 800x600
>>14851654
You're gonna love this.
>>
>>14837411
Cars have always looked the same in every generation.

>80sredcarcollage.jpg
>>
File: arr rook same.jpg (349 KB, 1648x1304) Image search: [Google]
arr rook same.jpg
349 KB, 1648x1304
>>14851788
got you covered
>>
>>14851778
>tfw no race-ready Avantime
brb, making it happen
>>
>>14853184
I love how they just took an old F1 car and shoved an Espace body onto it.
>>
>>14853201
They should do this to all people carriers, that's the only way to mke them not-boring
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.