[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am a salesperson/ manager at Advance Auto Parts. Ask me anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: advance-auto-parts-logo.jpg (31 KB, 478x270) Image search: [Google]
advance-auto-parts-logo.jpg
31 KB, 478x270
I am a salesperson/ manager at Advance Auto Parts. Ask me anything.
>>
>>14829192
I'm a salesperson at advance auto too. Mostly a night and weekend thing cause I'm in college. What's your best idiot customer story?
>>
>>14829192
How'd you get the job? Or how do you even get an entry level position?
>>
>>14829192
How are your Duralast brakes? I need cheap new pads but I'm not sure about them based on all the marketing, seems like with their price they can't be all that great. Are they just the cheapest replacement for poorfags or are they actually durable?
>>
>>14829291
They're alright for normal use. Don't put them on a car you're going to hoon. If you're poor they're better than what you have now.
>>
>>14829192
are you the one employee out of 5 stores who knows what they are talking about?
>>
>>14829192
In your opinion, what is the best motor oil you sell?
>>
>>14829336
What increasing my budget from 30-40 to 50-80 per rotor do for me?
These are going on a 90s Jeep that sees about 14k miles a year, there's no hard use other than quick driving on windy roads.
What rotors would you suggest personally?
>>
>>14829241
We are located in a fairly country area so idiocy isn't limited. Biggest idiot I dealt with wanted me to pull a code for them on their vehicle so I did so. It ended up being an O2 sensor downstream. They buy the fairly expensive sensor and then give me a blank stare. I ask them if there is an issue and they ask "Aren't you going to install it?" I laugh and they become furious bitching about how they just seen so much money and I won't even install it for them. They end up bitching to my gm and he too laughs.
>>
>>14829291
Duralast is Autozone, we sell wearever. Most people just want the cheapest semi-metallics but some go for the nicer ceramics. What amazes me is how people will just buy the pads with no brake lube or hardware.
>>
>>14829366
I like to think so, no limit to stupid employees in the company though.
>>
>>14829371
Generally whatever the monthly oil is what sells best. This month is castrol gtx so that's selling pretty well right now.
>>
>>14829192
I work at AAP in Texas and have been for 2 years. Key holder and make a little over $9 an hour. Fucking sucks man. Maybe it's just my district but exceeding in any way isn't recognized, hard work has never payed off, having good morals is a joke, even being blue (was over 40% on my goal) for the year of 2015 in my sales earned me nothing. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're in upper management, eg. General manager and up, especially a district manager and up. They take probably 7 to 10 whole week paid vacations. Otherwise you're getting completely fucked.
>>
>>14829444
I am currently in college, working there for 8 months now I sorta got lucky and got a promoted to manager fairly quickly (they were desprate. I am currently making $9.51. All auto parts stores (advance, oriely's, zone) are run the same way. Hire on people with low pay, give little recognition and keep the place running at low cost.
>>
Interesting fact: ASSTOY640 is a part number at advance too.
>>
>>14829474
In my district CPP's make upwards of $13 - 14 and RPP's earn I believe over $11.50.

So if you're making 9.51 as a manager there must be something wrong there?

Recently I've learned here in my area OReallys and Napa value their people generally more and give more incentive to move up.
>>
>>14829490
No, its correct. Parts pro's don't make shit unless you've been with the company for a while (atleast here in Ohio). Our CPP makes 14 but hes been with Advance for 10 years as of last month.
>>
>>14829500
My RPP makes 12 an hour with 2 years and 2 months of experience.
>>
>>14829505
Do they push SpeedPerk enrollment heavily in your district? In mine, they treat it as a sin if your not getting atleast 5 sign-ups a week.
>>
>>14829522
Yeah dude I hate that shit. I get like 1 to 2 a day but it's so annoying. They make it seem like it's the end of the world when you don't get enough.

All 14 or so stores in my district have a goal of 40 a week and if the store doesn't get it then there's a conference call that the GM's of those stores that didn't get 40.

Out of all the speed perks people I've signed up I use speed perks about 1000% more than anyone else I know.
>>
>>14829536
Also, there needs to be a perk at the $50 mark range or something. $30 and $100 is too single sided.
>>
Why didn't you just get a job at a real auto parts store like Autozone?
>>
File: 1446414739900.jpg (205 KB, 780x840) Image search: [Google]
1446414739900.jpg
205 KB, 780x840
>>14829820
>Vatozone
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.