[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: WORRY.jpg (12 KB, 200x255) Image search: [Google]
WORRY.jpg
12 KB, 200x255
>driving down the street
>jamming to my Spice Girls CD
>all of a sudden car feels heavy, slow, steering wheel feels super stiff, hard to move
>a little "VOLTS" & Battery Icon appear on my dashboard
>pull over on side of the road, turn off car
>turn it back on just fine, steering wheel and all feels back to normal

What the hell happened?
>>
>>14828348
Alternator is kill?

What car is it? You most likely have electric steering.
>>
>Spice Girls
>CD
>Volts

Is it 1997 again?
>>
>OP probably didn't service the sperbing bearing in his turbo encabulator.

Ugh, what your unilateral phase detractor reading OP? Give us a cardinal grameter readout so we can tell you whats wrong.
>>
>>14828623
2nding alternator.
>>
>>14828630
It might be!

>>14828623
Car I was driving was a 1993 Buick Lesabre.

Also, as the steering wheel started feeling heavy and tight and I went to pull over, I want to note that the electricity was still on as my headlights and stereo were still on. So I'm not sure if this is an electrical problem or whether I need a new battery.

Is it something to do with power steering?
>>
>>14828658
Op might have been running low on non-euclidian fluid.
>>
Something to do with your serpentine belt I'd imagine
>>
Sounds like an X-File. Get Mulder!
>>
>>14830580
The power steering pump runs off the engine belt. Maybe the engine shut off while you were driving? Did the RPM gauge drop to zero?
>>
File: 20160325_191449.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160325_191449.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>14830780
>Maybe the engine shut off while you were driving?

I believe it did. Not 100% sure though. I'm trying to remember whether it did or not but I'm pretty sure it did. Thankfully I was driving on a slow road so I was able to pull over nice and quickly by just steering the car that way. I don't think I gave it gas.

> Did the RPM gauge drop to zero?
Idk family. Didn't look. Also, old speedometer.

Should I just take the car to a mechanic? I don't want to spend $3000 on repairs now...
>>
File: all smiles.jpg (26 KB, 331x473) Image search: [Google]
all smiles.jpg
26 KB, 331x473
>>14830949
Looks like the car doesn't have an RPM gauge (it tells you how fast the engine is spinning).

>Should I just take the car to a mechanic?

Maybe, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. You can have the battery checked for free at vatozone or some other parts store (don't listen to anything those idiots at parts stores tell you by the way). For now you can just make sure that the battery connections are nice and snug. If the battery turns out to be fine once it is checked then you can take it to a mechanic for further tests (if the problem persists).

Keep in mind that the power brakes run off the engine too, so you will have to step on the pedal quite hard to get the car to stop if the engine shuts off while driving so just be prepared to use some muscle if happens again.

This happened to me once because I ran out of gas by the way.
>>
File: 6125bCK.jpg (8 KB, 252x244) Image search: [Google]
6125bCK.jpg
8 KB, 252x244
>>14831033
Thanks for the insight anon. I will take it to Autozone and see what's up.

If battery's fine, then I'll swing by the mechanics. Sucks that the best mechanic (according to Yelp at least) near me is open while I'm at work and is only open from 8AM - Noon on Saturdays. Dumb hours.

I just don't want this to happen while I'm on the highway. Would be max PANIC. My gas is low, but not at E.
>>
File: 6f81.jpg (14 KB, 300x419) Image search: [Google]
6f81.jpg
14 KB, 300x419
>>14828348
>all the kornheiser in this thread
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.