[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuel inside intake manifold, broken MAF?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: yiIUzZv44dY.jpg (241 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
yiIUzZv44dY.jpg
241 KB, 1920x1080
I'm sorry for separate thread and dumb question, but is it normal that there is fuel inside my intake manifold.
I took throttle body off to clean it and MAF, and found out there are plenty of fuel inside manifold.
>>
File: Uafxh8JvS-A.jpg (376 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Uafxh8JvS-A.jpg
376 KB, 1920x1080
Throttle body
>>
File: PUyysevCpXI.jpg (310 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
PUyysevCpXI.jpg
310 KB, 1080x1920
Also, Is my MAF broken, since there is no connection on first "gate"?
>>
File: 6URW1AcHywU.jpg (307 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
6URW1AcHywU.jpg
307 KB, 1080x1920
Another angle of MAF

Please help, I know I'm a retard, but I need to repair my e34
>>
File: 1458773402627.jpg (106 KB, 648x486) Image search: [Google]
1458773402627.jpg
106 KB, 648x486
bump
>>
Guys please
>>
Mfw 1 poster
>>
Check your fuel pressure regulator and vacuum test it.
>>
>>14824721
Is your car direct injection? If so then yes (i think) it makes sense, if it's not you may have a problem.
>>
>>14824899
it is not GDI
>>
Be thankful you don't drive a diesel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_engine_runaway
>>
>>14825096
>GDI
Oh, and more to the point, if your car isn't direct injection, it's probably fine.
Fuel may collect on the little lip you can see in >>14824732 on the throttle body.
If you have a carburettor setup it may be running a little rich, but if it runs okay, and there is no black smoke, I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>14824899
>direct injection
>injectors directly inside the cylinder head and poking in the combustion chamber
>fuel in intake manifold makes sense

Please stop "helping" other people with car problems
>>
>>14825193
It stalls on idle and eats fuckton of fuel
>>
>>14825361
Hmm. If its direct injection, ie into the cylinder, and there's fuel in the intake.. Did you recently do you timing belt? Maybe your can timing is all fucked up?

If its carbureted, then fuel in the intake makes sense considering that's how it works.

Or is it Fuel Injected into the intake runners? Then that also makes sense.

Has it got new plugs, leads, is the ignition system old?
>>
>>14824721
Leaking injectors probably, give them a good clean and see if it happens again
>>
>>14825381
Okay, then it would make sense that the ECM is injecting too much fuel. I imagine at idle it is dumping so much fuel into the cylinder that the fuel quenches the flame, which is causing it to stall.

Looking at your MAF, it looks like you are meant to have two wires stretching across and the forward one is missing.

The MAF works because the wire is held at high temperature - as air flows over the wire, the temperature drops in proprtion to the air velocity. The current through the wire is varied to keep the tempearture constant - this allows the ECM to guess the airflow rate and meter the fuel.

I haven't worked with these sensors in practice (only in theory, and basic theory at that). So I don't know wherther the two hot wires are in series or parallel, or how the electronics treats differnces in current between the two wires. If they are in parallel and one is missing, the resistance will be higher, and the ECM will miscalculate the amount of fuel required.

If you can secure access to a new MAF, I would try that and see how it goes.
>>
>>14825453
Quoted wrong post. Meant to quote >>14825361
>>
>>14825381
>BMW
>timing belt
Goddamn the weeaboos on this board go full retard the second they're out of their element.
>>
>>14824721
Replace your MAF. You seem to have port injection and are dumping fuel because your MAF and O2 sensor cant work together to determine an accurate AFR for the engine. Most likely, if your CEL is on, it is running on a basemap which makes the car get shit economy because the fuel mix is richened to prevent leaning out and melting pistons. Replace MAF, drain intake, reset codes, drive a week and check again.
>>
>>14825465
timing belt, timing chain, chain driven gears.

did you or did you not understand the point? God damn, you go full autismo if someone doesnt use the correct term. but you still understood assfucker
>>
>>14825508
>>14825453
Thanks guys
>>
File: 1460387512510.jpg (193 KB, 1177x810) Image search: [Google]
1460387512510.jpg
193 KB, 1177x810
>>14824721
>>
>>14827045
Needs more senpai
>>
>>14827045
Needs more senpai
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.