[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/o/ I really need your help. I drive a 02 Audi TT Quattro. Recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: f.jpg (11 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
11 KB, 275x183
/o/ I really need your help. I drive a 02 Audi TT Quattro. Recently a check engine light came in and I took it to Pep Boys to have the thermostat and housing replaced. After the vehicle was returned there were no codes on the car, nor symptoms of any issues in any system. Two days later while waiting at a light the car dumped all of the coolant and began overheating. I immediately shut the car off and called for a tow. Reasonably assuming it had something to do with the replaced thermostat I sent it back to Pep Boys. They are trying to tell me that the failed part was a water/coolant outlet and not at all related to the replacement. I called bull shit on this due to the outlet being utilized to drain the coolant prior to working on the thermostat. While the manager agreed to talk to his attendant and get back to me, informing me he would agree, I left for home to wait. Pulling out of the parking lot I noticed a sticky feeling in the transmission. Note trans, not clutch. While on the freeway I noticed difficulting placing car in fifth. After getting home I noticed extreme/nearly impossible difficulty getting the car in and out of reverse. After taking it out briefly to diagnose it began popping out of fifth. Once again, to me this seems like trans not clutch but I can't say for sure. I contacted the towing company and they say they utilized flatbed for towing and will not say more. I believe somebody either towed the car with wheels on the ground, joy rode the shit out of it, or just did something collasaly retarded. The garage is due to cal me back soon regarding the original issue and I don't even know what to accuse them of regarding the drive train. Please please help me
>>
>>14824227
>Audi
Found the issue
>>
In before some oil changer put coolant in your transmission.
>>
>>14824227
desu you wouldn't have had any troubles if you had fixed it yourself.
>>
>>14824269
Would this give symptoms similar to what i described? I wouldn't be surprised if this happened.
>>
>>14824271
this. dont take your car to a parts store for service
>>
Thank you people for circle jerking your uselessness. I like Audi, deal with it. I live out of a fucking hotel for work, I can't fucking do my own repairs. Now can some one please actually help me?
>>
>>14824308
stop fucking around with pep boys and find a dealership and tell them it's fucked m8. This could be your throw bearing and chances are you are not going to find it easy fixing that one yourself.

At least at the dealership they won't be so inclined as to fuck around and not do the diagnositcs.
>>
>>14824308
>>14824325
Also does the car make any sounds? Clutch in how does it sound and clutch out sound? Can you shift and hear any clanks/ squeaks or thumping?
>>
>>14824339
Clutch in and out seems normal, no sounds. Is it possible just low transmission fluid/time for change?
>>
>>14824308
look here faggot, there's nothing we can do.

you got majorly fucked over.

my 2 cents? the guys at pep boys fucked up the housing replacement (probably the gasket) and the coolant leaked out (or maybe badly tightened bolts).
even if they didn't fuck up, they should have realised something else wrong with the coolant system after finishing the repair, since cars should be tested after repairs (especially when it concerns cooling)

the tower probably towed the car wihtout knowing how to tow AWD

you can do a lot if these are the cases. we can't do shit
>>
>>14824353
timing belts wouldn't fuck your gears.
check transmission fluid
>>
>>14824355
I'm not looking for legal counsel. Just mechanical. The leak was on the opposite side of the engine from the thermostat, has to be flange/valve. Towing company swears up and down they towed properly with flat bed. Is there anything else I could be over looking that could be the case?
>>
>>14824227
Is that you Bitey?

Go ahead and drive your girl car off a clif.
>>
But the Audi TT is extremely unreliable? Leaking is part of the territory
>>
>>14824359
again. after replacing the thermostat they should've checked for leaks, but that's them.

i recomend going to an Audi dealership and doing a "full scan".

no idea what they're called in the US, but they basicly look over every single detail in the car and then tell you exactly everything that's wrong with it.

usually they charge one hour of labour, which, at audi, is probably around 50 bux
>>
>>14824356
Would low fluid meet this criteria/symptoms?
>>
>>14824369
Wouldn't that just indicate IF something is wrong? Not the cause of failure?
>>
>>14824366
I've had mine for two year. The first problem I have ever had was a check engine light with no symptoms or problems. I got tired of looking at the light and took it to be fixed. Now this.
>>
>>14824377
But its a shot car and you are complaining about it?

Why didnt you buy a camry
>>
>>14824359
probably the shitty plastic flange they put in there.
if the pep boys missed that, they must be blind, it's literally the first thing that appears on google if you search "audi tt 02 coolant"

as far as the gears are concerned, is it just 5th?
also, any noise in neutral?
clunks, whines, anything?
>>
>>14824373
no, they tell you exactly, what's wrong, and why, and how.

for example, i took my car for one (ford puma) and they told me the steering collumn was making noise while the wheel was turned, because they power steering fluid was old and needed to be flushed and changed.

this tells you what's wrong, and how much it'll cost (at audi) to fix it
>>
>>14824387
If it was on its way out it would be that obvious? The end bill does state multiple checks of the cooling system. And fifth and reverse are the issues. Fifth is hard to shift into and pops out. Reverse is very hard in and out. No noise or wines. Clunks when shifting through, up and down
>>
>>14824227

Learn to fix your car yourself and you won't have these problems.

Also faggot Audi is an overpriced Volkswagen so you could take it to a VW dealership in lieu of a nearby Audi dealership.
>>
>>14824383
I'll keep that in note for future reference. Thanks for nothing.
>>
>>14824407
You're welcome, faggot.
>>
>>14824399
>If it was on its way out it would be that obvious?
even if it wasn't. it's almost always the first thing to go, as far as tt cooling is concerned. it's the most common fault in that system.

as far as the gears, check the fluid level and if it's the right type of fluid. that can cause what you're describing
>>
>>14824423
also the coolant temperature sensor. it's usually the second thing to go wrong.
>>
Take it to a German mechanic or Audi dealer, worry about the leak later because it doesn't really matter. If the car was towed improperly, that's an actual expensive issue. The good news is that your insurance company will cover both the repairs and your trip to the dealer if it does end up being their fault. Pretty straight forward if you ask me.
>>
>>14824399
Try adjusting the shift cable linkages
Usually if they're out of alignment you'll start missing gears but you might get lucky and find it's just the left-right cable that's totally fucked
>>
>>14824227
>they say they utilized flatbed for towing
What did your eyes see when the tow truck arrived, a flatbed or hoist?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.