[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why pay comprehensive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (3).jpg
16 KB, 480x360
Alright as an under 25 driver living in Melbourne I get royaly fucked up the arse by car insurance.

Why should I not just have third party insurance and buy a couple of good quality dash cams that cover my front back and sides?

You have to be ultra safe when you drive, but when you're under 25 you should be anyway because everyone wants to blame you for any accident that you might find yourself in.

Everyone who I mentioned this to is acting like I'm crazy, they always say that if I'm in an at fault accident and my car is written off then I lose all of that money.
But to me it sounds crazy to shell out $1500-$2000 a year on the chance that you might write off your car.

I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS
>>
>>14822427
Also in melbourne here, just get third party.

But be prepared to have dash cams and get ready to sue when someone does fuck your shit up.

They will, you seen the bogans here?

But that's ok, just sue them directly and get your shekels back.

I feel bad for you young drivers, you're treated like literal scum when i see more full license drivers doing stupid shit all the time.

And they're old enough to know better.
>>
>>14822427
following this hard.

I live in Canada and I feel your pain all too well.
>>
>>14822427
Fully comprehensive is often cheaper.
What happens when your car is hit when parked and your dash cams are off?
>>
>>14822494
You keep it continuously running m80
>>
>>14822494
Fucking who cares if someone hits my car because I drive a 98 civic and I pay 3x more in insurance per year than my car is worth...
>>
All of you are going to get cucked with debt when you smash your 1998 shitbox

Mfw my insurer pays me the worth of my car and supplies me with a replacement!
>>
>>14822638
yeah? and how old are you?
>>
>>14822800
It literally doesn't matter, but I'm 19 anyone can have comprehensive car insurance
>>
>>14822878
>comprehensive
>19
Do you pay 500 a month?
>>
>>14822878
>19
>comprehensive cover

What car and how much do you pay??
>>
>>14822878
where u live ?

how do you afford paying 400 a month?
>>
>>14822891
>>14822892

'99 BMW z3
I pay $800 annually
>>
File: gal-sop3-jpg.jpg (84 KB, 970x601) Image search: [Google]
gal-sop3-jpg.jpg
84 KB, 970x601
>>14822903
HOW THO?
>>
>>14822903
Fuck off m8 stop lying
>>
>>14822923
>>14822974
That's about what I pay with USAA. Going down to 600 about since I've gone 5 yrs without an at fault claim.
01 grand am gt and I've had them since I was 18.
>>
>>14822427
welcome to australia, the biggest nanny state in the world. The gummints got it down to the point where everyone is scared to take even the sloghtest risks and are therefore happy to pay : life insurance, car insurance, house insurance, work insurance and every other possible thint you can think of. If you want to take yhe risk, do it anon
>>
>>14822427
Who are you with and what do you drive?

I paid $450 a year for comprehensive on my magna in Canberra with Just Car (lol MCM) when I was 25.

Just come to terms with the fact that you'll need to wait a few years to get a nice car if you don't want to pay out the arse.
>>
>>14823470
At least we have the freedom to not have car insurance unlike the americunts
>>
>>14823909
wait what we do? holy fuck i thought we had to have it. Ive been looking at a 180sx as a fun car but my parents were so against it and would never get me on their coverage so I was sad that id never be able to afford the $2k per year (im 19). this changes everything
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.