[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /o/ avoid road rage? I live in NJ, its almost impossible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11
File: 1454987891284.jpg (142 KB, 1002x1024) Image search: [Google]
1454987891284.jpg
142 KB, 1002x1024
How does /o/ avoid road rage?

I live in NJ, its almost impossible not to get pissed driving in this fucking state
>>
>>14822336
I drive downtown Toronto 3 times a week.

I carry my paintball gun in the passenger seat and shoot cars/bikes that fuck with me.
>>
>>14822355
>>
File: _20160410_230206.jpg (117 KB, 720x1129) Image search: [Google]
_20160410_230206.jpg
117 KB, 720x1129
>>14822355
Improved version
>>
I'm a patient man that realizes you don't save any significant time by driving aggressively and that road raging is useless.

Of course I sometimes get irritated by idiots on the road, but at most they get honked at and thats it.
>>
>>14822474

Actually that's not true

If you speed and drive around traffic via driving on the shoulder, running lights, you can save a lot of time

Of course you're risking a lot of lives but still
>>
I just focus on driving and try to improve shit like how fast i can shift. Makes it more fun and distracts you from idiots
>>
>Be me
>Driving in a jam-jar park
>ol fucker wants to turn into a spot
>I drive past the ol fucker
>I park my jam-jar in a spot
>ol fucker divy damns around and pulls up behind me
>Ol fucker starts yammin about me not stopping so he could pull into the spot
>I tell this cheeky fuck to shove it up his arse

I fucking hate ol fuckers
>>
>>14822336

When I'm in my car I just relax and enjoy the comfy leather and music. No amount of cursing or honking will make people stop being retarded, so I don't honk unless someones retarded antics are about to cause an accident.

If i'm on my bike though I've got the acceleration and maneuverability to get away from stupid, so I just go around whoever is pissing me off and carry on with my day.
>>
If you are from a civilized country, just go to america and enjoy its poor infrastructure and low speed limits. You'll never feel discontent on your home roads again.

>>14822502
You don't even have to do that to be relatively fast. In american city driving, just go around all the semis, old people, women, shitboxes, and jeeps at a leisurely pace.

>have to be going 60 in about 50 feet or else the chances of a traffic disaster will increase dramatically
>going 45
>the jeep in front of you sounds like it's nearly at the redline
>WELCOME TO AMERICA
>>
get pissed at dumbass american stop lights. spend more time sitting than driving. dumbass women and old men always going slow as fuck. i always have to pass them on a double yellow line. i usually run red lights and go 30 over the limit on the highways. fuck america and their laws.
>>
>>14822336
Nj isn't so bad later at night, just hooned almost all of rt280 doing 90+ and hit 120
>>
>>14822502
i go 10 over and im passing people always. they fucking go 60 in a 70 all the time so i go 80/130 kmh
>>
i went to new jersey and got pissed at the dumb fuck pumping gas and spilling on my paint. how the fuck do you pump gas anywhere else than your shithole state
>>
I chew gum, aggressively.
>>
>>14822336
I tilt one of my windshield washer nozzles way up to soak tailgaters. I get a pretty good kick out of it. I want to try filling the reservoir with paint or something.
>>
>>14822336
I just make sure I'm not in a rush to get somewhere by leaving early and just chill to my own music. I just accept the fact that some people are idiots and don't let them ruin my day wondering why they do what they do or how I can show them what they did was stupid.
>>
I carry a gun.

No, seriously. Because when you are carrying, getting into drama is NOT AN OPTION.

ib4someonewhodoesn'tknowthelawssaysotherwise.
ib4internettoughguys
>>
>>14823220
WD-40 would work too. Smears on the windshield when they wipe.
>>
>>14822336
I'm a patient dude. The only time I get angry is when its a fucking ricer thinking he's a race car driver
>>
Who is this dongle mongle
>>
>>14823866
Thank you, /k/, that is actually a good point.

When you have the power over life and death in your hands, you have to be the bigger man and just let the little shit go.

But then again, who needs guns when we let almost any idiot drive a car?

Massholes are pretty terrible, though, and I'm one of them.

If someone is trying to swooce on down the highway like a mad fool, sometimes I'll speed up and form a moving roadblock with cars in the other lanes just to slow the fucker down. They tailgate me until someone changes lanes. It's usually BMWs or Hondas/Acuras. I don't get it.
>>
I frequently don't, honestly. It's a problem, I know.

I try to put on chill music but it doesn't always work when there's someone doing 5 under in the leftmost lane of a 3-lane highway.
>>
>>14824913
How about you stay in your lane and let them pass

We already have cops, mind your own fucking business
>>
>>14824913
I got shit to do nigga let me use the left lane to pass
>>
>>14822355
I used to do this as well. And then I got past age 18 and decided I didn't want felonious shit on my permanent record.

I scream "fuck you you fucking cunt" a lot more these days.
>>
>>14824913
>If someone is trying to swooce on down the highway like a mad fool, sometimes I'll speed up and form a moving roadblock with cars in the other lanes just to slow the fucker down.

So let me get this straight, someone is speeding down the highway because their significant other is in the hospital in poor condition and they are rushing to get there. You decide "hurr durr, this guy is driving unsafely, I'm going to force him to slow down and drive safe! That will show him!" This person is already anxious and panicing, and you're now stressing him out even more with your "justice." You're dramatically increasing his chances of getting road rage and pulling off an unsafe manuever to pass you, which could result in him crashing into you and causing a fiery wreck. And all of this is because you want to "slow the fucker down." I really hope you're just trolling and not actually this stupid.
>>
>>14825701
It's cute that you think people speeding have any real reason to do it.
>>
>>14825773
>Implying that people don't ever have any reason to break the law
>>
File: image.jpg (399 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
399 KB, 1920x1080
>>14825773
It's cute that you think people roadblocking have any reason to do it.

See what I did there? It's called a double standard.

>but muh safe speeds
>but muh wife in the hospital

Both sides have a fallback, "But...," excuse. He only correct thing to do here is to follow the law on your part, which means no intentional lane blocking and allowing others to pass no matter if they're going 5 over or the speed of light.
>>
Drive faster to outrun the idiots
>>
>>14822336
I get in my big and slow 4x4, put some juice in the cup holder, turn on the music and stop giving any fucks.
>>
>>14825773
It's cute that you think enforcing the law is your right.
>>
I keep an AK47 in the trunk of my Miata so that when I cut off queers and they flip me off I shoot them
>>
File: fuck you car guy.gif (2 MB, 264x185) Image search: [Google]
fuck you car guy.gif
2 MB, 264x185
>>14826553
>>
>>14823123

>its not bad when no one is on the road

Wow no shit
>>
>>14823003
Have you ever been to a country besides America?

Stop your fucking complaining jesus christ.
>>
>>14822336
b/o/ys, hate to be that guy but i'm gonna need sauce for this phallic mechanic
>>
>>14827494
OP has never driven in rome.
>>
File: 1446147890370.jpg (14 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1446147890370.jpg
14 KB, 184x184
>>14822336
Realize that your anger is something happening inside of you, and although it may have an external cause, the experience of your anger is entirely internal. The only thing to do is to observe your anger swell, then dissipate quickly like a cardboard match lighting then burning down.

If you instead attach your anger to the person/thing/situation that made you angry, you can stay in that state for hours/days, and anger is never fun, no matter how much you think you deserve to be angry. Just keep driving.
>>
>>14828857
Nah mate. I enjoy my anger. It 's a justifiable reason to be unimaginably pissed off at something. Anger is good.
>>
>>14825701
People who are in this situation will usually put their hazards on.
>>
File: 1460274956465.png (151 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1460274956465.png
151 KB, 1680x1050
>>14822336
I don't normally get pissed unless it's that one asshole that lays on his fucking horn the second the light turns green

>be me
>going down busy road early in the morning
>speed limit is 45 doing 60
>fuckers push 80 just to pass me and get stuck at the same red light
>>
Go into work early.

Jack off on my way in.
>>
File: 280020a1377183628-big.jpg (93 KB, 599x599) Image search: [Google]
280020a1377183628-big.jpg
93 KB, 599x599
>>14822336
fatalism and making the best of the situation helps
along the lines of having a less particular plan or outcome in mind
>>
>>14826595
My plan every day. I hate those left-lane inhabitants who are deaf and blind not to mention stupid to the core
>>
"Hate is like drinking poison and expecting your enemies to die from it"
-Ghandi
>>
Nothing assblasts a road raging fucktard (usually with a NJ or NY plate!) more than looking at them like they're your senile old granny and smiling sweetly as you continue on your way.
>>
>>14825614
Speeding around and driving like a maniac endangers the lives of other drivers just like drunk driving does
>>
>>14828983
Anger decreases your life expectancy
>>
>>14822355
LUCKY YOUR A FUCKING LEAF

YOUR PAINTBALLS MIGHT GET RETURNED WITH BULLETS IN A REAL COUNTRY
>>
>>14826595
What car is the black one?
>>
>>14832009
This, dont bottle it up OP it will only make it worse.

You have to throw nickles at their car or more likely bike.
>>
I hunt rent boys with a crossbow on the weekends.
>>
>>14824913
>im one of them

so you're aware, but you still do it?

you're a fuckhead

sincerely,
everyone
>>
>>14828857
are you the buddhist from /dbt/?

i love you, man

>zen, and the art of road rage
>>
>>14822355
>shooting at people with paintballs
Nigger I hope someone returns the favor with bullets.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
I occasionally get angry enough that I have to scream and yell inside my car, but I'm sure to blow off any anger quickly, not good to get worked up to the point where you do stupid shit.
>>
>>14822336
>car driving slow as fuck in front of me
>put on highbeams and rev engine
Feels good man
>>
>>14836153
>TURN VOLUME TO 20 ON YOUR NIGGERBASS WOOFERS
>THEY NEARLY SWERVE OFF THE ROAD TRYING TO GET OUT OF YOUR WAY
ALWAYS A CHUCKLE
>>
>>14822336
I pretend that zen actually means being a complete and total pushover.

I practice zen
>>
I've been driving in LA since 2003, aside from four years in Sacramento, which was even worse.

I just can't be bothered to get worked up anymore. I just throw on a podcast or music or something and deal with the bullshit.
>>
>>14822336

SC here I drove in your state last month to Atlantic City, I felt I almost got in a wreck due to other drivers negligence about every 10 miles or so.

Would definately have dash cams if I lived there !
>>
File: abbottwink.gif (1017 KB, 729x410) Image search: [Google]
abbottwink.gif
1017 KB, 729x410
>>14825669
>I scream "fuck you you fucking cunt" a lot more these days.
Ausfag here its basically every word that comes out of my mouth when i am driving
>>
Driving in NJ sucks ass. Impossible to find a Left turn. Need a U Turn? Fugetaboutit !

Driving in Manhattan is much less stressful just watch out for the dumb pedestrians that don't think walk/don't walk lights matter to them..etc
>>
>>14828767
>Went to Rome for a day on a roadtrip from Firenze
>parked the rental Mercedes outside and got some Vespas instead
>Near death to KM count 128/1
>Give back mopeds to the rental place and risk my life on foot instead
>>
>>14822336
I used do shit like like slam breaks and threaten people, yell and scream, try and run people off the road etc then I realised I dont want to go to jail over this shit so i just stopped.

I dont even do anything, I barely beep my horn and I try not to do anything that pisses others off. Its hard but Im a lot more chill now. Road rage is stupid.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.