[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much of an idiot am I if I pick this up tomorrow morning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 325xi.jpg (51 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
325xi.jpg
51 KB, 600x450
How much of an idiot am I if I pick this up tomorrow morning?

In desperate need of dependable transportation and am quite handy fixing up cars. But this fucker has been through 5 accidents and the latest has declared it a total loss, but somehow still ins't a salvage titled car.

After speaking with the owner, 2k would secure the auto. I'm tempted

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5527208727.html
>>
If it was totaled, how is out not a salvage title car?

But it if you have 2k disposable. Offer 1500 None of the issues sounds horrible if that is really all there is. Fix it up and flip it.
>>
>>14821584

Yeah, I couldn't figure that put either. But apparently a car can be written off in the state of Illinois as a total and still be granted a clean title.

The car is being offered at $2400, he's accepted my offer of 2k, I doubt anything less will get the car.

Flipping it isn't an option as I need reliable transportation.
>>
>>14821503
>In desperate need of dependable transportation
>BMW
Hahahahahahahahaga
>>
File: 1458872885076.jpg (20 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1458872885076.jpg
20 KB, 258x245
>desperate need of dependable transportation
>considering bmw
>>
File: pep.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
pep.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>14821503
>peeling interior
>only a decade old.
>automatic made to look like a manual
>faux leather
>plastic veneer
>generally meant to fool the eye
>maintenance cost just as much as a brand new bmw

you tell me OP.
>>
>>14821503
He 'hit a deer'.
You might as well buy a heap of scrap.
>>
It's $2000. In the grand scheme of things, you're hard to pressed to find a car at or below that price. It's likely it'll be reliable, as long as you can look past the cosmetic damage. Can't hurt to go drive it and what you think.
>>
>>14821775

That's what I'm thinking too. I've seen several other cars in the two thousand dollar range and honestly, they've all been trash. I've had German cars before and while they have their quirks, I think for 2 grand it isn't going to be any worse than any other beater.

Just got off the phone with my insurance company to confirm that a car can be totaled and retain a clean title. Which they said yes, it is possible and legal to do.
>>
>>14821715
>https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5527208727.html
>>14821715
how is the auto made to look like a manual
>>
>>14821860

This is OP, don't know who that was asking how the auto is made to look like a manual, which I agree, looks just like a manual shift know on an auto.
>>
you can buy plenty of cheap cars that havent been through hell, you just gotta avoid the euro tax. i bought my 02 Acura CL to daily and for winter with 130,xxx for 3K cash and its been perfect to me the last 6 months ive had it, and i beat the shit out of it.
>>
>>14821652
le bmw sucks meme!!! +500 meme points!!!
>>
>>14822036
But they really do. Stop ignoring obvious flaws
>>
>>14822045

You can get a good BMW, but a $1500 CL shitbox is probably not going to be a good, reliable BMW
>>
>>14821503
My moneys on that speedo is either rolled back or is off a different car
>>
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/5484074413.html

Offer this guy 1600, use 400 for rainy day fund and have a more reliable better condition car that's more fun and cheaper to insure, fix, fuel, and maintain, will hold its value better, and has better parts availability and is more fit friendly.
>>
>>14821647
kek
>>
>>14822165

I'm seeing his car tomorrow too. He's pretty firm at 2800. You guys are the low ballers that they're always bitching about.
>>
>>14822165

Took this one out a couple days ago and if I was just in need of a project car, it would have been awesome. but for a daily, no way. Shocks were shot, highway driving wasn't possible. Seat springs were non existent.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/5502248673.html
>>
>>14822212
Lol, you're right.
>>
>>14822242
If you're gonna get a beater e46. At least get one that's manual/3.0/sport package/xenons/ heated seats/ leather etc.

I've had 5 e46s, including a loaded out 330xi. It was rusty, but like 2400$. And any used non enthusiast BMW is gonna need the same shit: shocks, strut mounts, bushings, gaskets, etc. and the parts and labor are all the same. So at least start with a car that's bones are worth it, dump some $$ and have a car you can be proud of.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.