[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there something about this car that makes it hard to launch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 12
File: mustang08.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mustang08.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
Is there something about this car that makes it hard to launch?

There's so multiple videos of people trying to launch them and crashing. Are mustang owners just shitty drivers?
>>
>>14821441
lots of torque on a live rear axle
what are you, fucking retarded?
>>
Well nearly 400lbs of torque for starters
>>
>>14821441
Is there something autistic about your brain that you keep posting the sameeting thread all day? Seriously there's like 4 threads about crashing mustangs.
>>
>>14821586
Pound feet.
>>
>>14821441
It's not the car. It's the fact that it attracts so many casuals who think they're race car drivers.
>>
File: 20160331_162258.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160331_162258.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1152
>>14821441
It's not hard to launch, although it gets sideways pretty easy when you floor it but not unmanageable. Good tires and practice go a long way.
>>
A huge percentage of Mustang drivers like to light up the tires but have no fucking clue how to control a skid. So they panic when the car starts going sideways, try to correct, then let off the gas pedal and regain traction while the front wheels are pointed at a tree, wall, crowded sidewalk, oncoming traffic etc.
>>
>>14821441
I'm willing to bet it's all normies on factory tires.
>>
>>14821479
>live rear axle makea everything hard
Fucking christ /o/

OP, when you make a powerful car cheap, retards get a hold of it and fuck things up. It just happens. More people purchasing it in general, more idiots.
>>
shitty drivers I drifted the shit out of my friends cobra
>>
What's with the Mustang memes lately? Has something happened or it's just the usual troll?
>>
>>14823308
>>
>>14823312
>>
>>14823317
I have nothing against Mustangs but these are hilarious.
>>
>>14823308
I've been seeing more of these than usual, I think a video of a Mustang driver peeling out and crashing has gone viral (again)
>>
>>14823324
It seems that these are related with crashing into people.
>>
File: 1448312554741.gif (520 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1448312554741.gif
520 KB, 400x400
>buying a mustang
>>
>>14823338
>>
>>
>>14823338
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X6I_P5a6RC8 holy shit lmao
>>
Same reason you see so many videos of old facts doing the same in corvettes
Americans can't drive

>>14821479
If anything that makes it easier for retards to launch
>>
>>14823353
That stupid fuk. Not a fresh video tho.
>>
>>14823363
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w4OaQhyXJMA from a few days ago, was on jalopnik and they talked a load of shit on the guy. Must have kicked off the memes
>>
>>
All of these are from Car Throttle. People are flipping shit about it, but to answer your question I think mainly torque curve and how heavy they are. But I think the drivers are to blame too, not knowing thier vehicles and trying something and spinning out of control
>>
>>14823374
>hey bro watch this
>YEEEEEEEEHAWWWWW
>oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck
>well no new tires for the house now
>>
>>14823374
This will make me fear mustangs now. I'm living in europe so I'm safer here.

>>14823382
Yes. When you are not a pro and flooring it in traffic. I'm not saying that anyone should do shit like that on public.
>>
>>14823374
Literally no business driving like that. Sure it can be fun to peel a bit when you're launching onto the road in a turn but there's absolutely no point to it other than looking cool then you absolutely must get traction for a second and insure that you're pointed straight down the road and you can drop second and do a little fish-wiggle which is actually my favorite thing to do. My fox is a lot lighter though.
>>
>>14821735
I got a '14 GT last month and have been trying to find a place to practice these things. It's got some neat electronic nannies that keep you from getting sideways if you have no idea how to control it so that's been nice thus far. I am keeping an eye out for a huge parking lot with no light poles or curbs that I can practice with the electronics off and get a feel for what happens when I do different things to the car.
>>
>>14821441
they are just shit
>>
>>14823399
The Mustang is officially the most sold sports car in Germany now.

Be afraid.
>>
>>14824726
Wow. I'm not from Germany tho. Was in Berlin last summer but I can't remember when I even saw a Mustang last time.
>>
>>14821626
Nerd
>>
flooring it mid turn then letting off then trying to correct improperly.

then there's guys like this who just floor it on a straight with a powerful car and loose all control because they suck anyways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miA5qj5ergM
>>
File: 1407202971954.jpg (991 KB, 2048x1094) Image search: [Google]
1407202971954.jpg
991 KB, 2048x1094
The stock rear suspension setup is partly to blame, as well as shitty tires

Stock, mustangs just don't put power to the ground in a launch well. This can be partially fixed with better LCA's and a few other mods to the rear suspension, LRA is not to blame.

Another problem is that most mustangs come with painfully cheap undersized tires. At the very least the rear should have a 275 or 285, but most come with a 235 or 245 square setup.

Add in a dipshit driver with an ego and you got yourself a disaster waiting to happen
>>
>>14823360
Butt hurt europoor shitting up yet another thread.

Europeans and Australians need to be range banned from 4chan desu
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.