[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about getting a used Evo X GSR. Only thing is i&#
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: evo-vmr-v710-3.jpg (83 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
evo-vmr-v710-3.jpg
83 KB, 800x533
Thinking about getting a used Evo X GSR.

Only thing is i've literally drove a manual for about an hour. What do?

Link related, it's the one i'm looking at.

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d423&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=45255&distance=150&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true#listing=138607418
>>
Buy it. Easiest way to learn manual is to drive a manual.
>>
>>14820213
>mason, OH
I live 20 minutes from there, OP, when we gonna chill?
>>
>>14820213
Pull the trigger you boyracer cunt.
>>
>>14820213
It's manual, so that adds value. It's missing the 'Mitsubishi Multi Communication Centre' which is pretty shitty. That Sat-Nav is a bit dated, I'll admit, but it's nice to have the touchscreen 80GB MP3 jukebox.

Get it mate. These things keep their money, so you'll have no troubled getting your cash back in a year's time.
>>
>>14820213
I plan on doing very light bolt-ons + good tune and that's it. I plan on DDing it as well, but it'd get no more than 15 miles a day driving.

How am I supposed to test drive it? I mean I can probably get the car moving, but i'm a bit worried the dealer won't let me test it.
>>
>>14820296
I'm in Ohio too
can't wait to see OP stuttering out of first gear and grinding down the road
>>
>>14820411
OP here, that did make me chuckle.

I do live right around Anderson if ya'll are in that area.
>>
>>14820425
not really shit talking you though
my friend bought a mazdaspeed6 just recently and doesn't know how to drive stick, so he's learning in it
had the dealership guy drive it for him to test it
if the guy really wants to make a sale and knows you're motivated, he might teach you, but since that's an evo I'm not sure
>>
>>14820439
Haha no prob, I don't take offense from an Chinese Tofu Image Board.
>>
>>14820425
oh shit I live off of beechmont
>>
also anyone else in ohio should go check out the car meets they have at the Mercedes dealership in Fort Mitchell KY
aston martin vulcan on the showroom floor
this weekend there was a bentley, aventadors, nsx's, 458's, porsche gt3rs, etc, all ripping it in the parking lot and as they left
>>
>>14820468
Serious? Haha I sorta close to the Butterbees.
>>
tb.h I think people should learn stick on a shitbox and master it before going to something like this.

it's not the end of the world, but you'd probably be better off
>>
>>14820475
I live right near 5 mile. give contact info op
>>
File: XgCq6NU.png (182 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
XgCq6NU.png
182 KB, 400x400
>>14820213
the getrag trannies are notchy into 2nd and 3rd when the tranny is cold. they extended the warranty on the ayc/acd pump to 10 years/100k miles, they tend to fail when covered in salt and the like.

if it has an aftermarket clutch, shit will be obnoxious to maneuver in any sort of low speed high turning angle situation, like doing a 5 point turn into a hoist.

jesus, some aftermarket clutches I've seen on evos are just fucking brutal.

pic related. exedy twin plate clutch and trying to do a 5 point turn ultra low speed.
>>
>>14820476
Without the turbo spooled up it has the power of any other 2 liter shitbox from a stop.
>>
>>14820476
It'd be beneficial to know it beforehand but the 5spd in Lancers is bombproof. It's good to learn in and built to take a fair bit of abuse before he gets the hang of it.
>>
>>14820487
I planned on upgrading the clutch at some point down the road, but as far as a daily how is the car? I don't need creature comforts other than radio and the occasional heat.
>>
Driving manual is so fucking easy. I learned in 5 minutes by myself. Just remember two important things:

1. Engage clutch when you start the car
2. Give it gas when you idle for longer then 3 secs or else stall

That's literally it. Everything else Forza can teach you.
>>
>>14820503
Rough ride, will beat you to shit and thirsty as an Irishman. If your ass can take the abuse you'll be fine. Just don't skip out on maintenance.
>>
>>14820503
clutch is a 10-12 hour job depending on the shop you send it to. Personally I'd go to a tranny specific shop or a mitsu dealer.

5th is a "little" short on the highway, you'll be revving a little high compared to other cars. I've owned Hondas, so that's nothing new to me. Trunk is tiny, rear seats don't fold down and the front seats are fucking awesome but suck if you're super thin or fat.

Service can be a little expensive, but I work on Canadian evos so they have an upped service schedule.

For normal DD duties, its fine. All of'em have AC/PS/ABS/TCS. Should even have steering wheel controls for the extra comfy-ness.

Also aluminum fenders/hood and roof if you don't have a sunroof. NEAT!
>>
>>14820523
Haha I like a stiffer suspension.
>>
OP Here: Anyone have an Evo know what to look out for when buying used?
>>
File: f23f95aad248dfe29f2279c22a2.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
f23f95aad248dfe29f2279c22a2.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
What about buying from CarMax?

pic related
>>
>>14820516
>2. Give it gas when you idle for longer then 3 secs or else stall

Is your car stalling while you idle, or when you try to drive off? Because you should always give it a little gas to drive off.

If it just dies while idling you have a problem, anon.
>>
>>14820377
i just bought a new Final Edition and that "Mitsubishi Multi Communication Centre' is the biggest piece of shit i have ever used in my life, its good its not installed, literally every thing about it is shit.
>>
Take 3 grand of what you would have spent on mods alone and buy a used 600cc sport bike.
Then do 2 things
1. SMOKE THE HOLY FUCK out of EVOs, like lol mode smoked so hard
2. Get more pussy than faggot car guys because women will always prefer a guy on a bike over a car.

Bonuses: have larger testicles, and punch another hole in your man card.
>>
>>14826972
>women will always prefer a guy on a bike over a car
t. single anon
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.