[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As far as weather goes, when is it a bad idea to drive? In other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1459816391548.jpg (92 KB, 600x793) Image search: [Google]
1459816391548.jpg
92 KB, 600x793
As far as weather goes, when is it a bad idea to drive? In other words what conditions should I avoid as far as likely hood of accidents?

I know rain/snown and fog make it harder, but at what point should I be off the road? Should I go by sheer amount or weather advisory? Also what aboiiut high winds/gusts?
>>
>>14819724
Visibility has a lot to do with it. If it's pouring so hard you can't see very far it's better to not be driving in that. Same with snow.

Oh and ice. Fuck ice, stay home.
>>
>>14819737
Road conditions and visibility, as relating to your car. If you got summer slicks on and the roads are iced over, you don't drive, you walk. If the roads are super wet you drive slow, and if you can't see more than two car lengths in front of you you drive even slower.

As long as your car is physically capable of moving down a road (road isnt iced or flooded) driving is fine, but the more shit blocking your view the slower you go, unless you want to pancake yourself under a 10mph semi
>>
>>14819724
>ice. 4wd, ABS, snow tires, ect do nothing when you have 0 traction.

My shitbox does fine in everything else because I know how to drive and adapt to the conditions. Except for ice. No amount of skill or equipment helps in 0 traction situations.
>>
>tfw own a 6x6 deuce and a half

If I can see then I can go
>>
Depends on where you live and what you get

As long as your car is properly equipped and you're experienced enough there isn't really a weather type that should prevent you. The true "danger" on public roads will be situations where retards who should not be driving even in the best of conditions will go full retard and do the exact opposite of what they should and pose a huge danger to everyone

They occascionaly close mountain roads here in Norway if they are in for super heavy snowfalls, with the reason being to prevent people who aren't properly equipped and/or experienced from getting stuck on a snowed out road and in need of help that cannot get there because the roads by then would be covered in three feet of snow

Adjust your speed and driving style in accordance with the weather
>>
>>14819724
As far as asses goes, i need a source
>>
>>14819772
Note; this is written with though to "normal" weather types, aka anything that won't result in a natural disaster or is so freakishly outlandish for the area that its pretty much unthinkable
>>
>>14819724
Heavy snow and fog for visibility, and heavy snow/ice for traction/grip
>>
>>14819775
me too
>>
File: 1311947643459.jpg (23 KB, 257x276) Image search: [Google]
1311947643459.jpg
23 KB, 257x276
>>14819737
>>14819760
>Driving home from work, about to go up a hill on the highway
>Give it a little gas to make it up, tires spin
>Road is literally a sheet of ice
>tfw I made it to the top from 80km/h to 30
>>
>>14819724
Are you serious??
>>
>>14819724
When you don't trust other people's ability, you may think you're fine driving on the road but not everybody has stuff like Traction Control and ABS Braking. If idiots drive like shit when its warm, dry, and clear just stay away if its like snowing a fuckton or an absolute downpour. You will never be 100% safe on your drive but no matter how good you drive wont do shit when some idiot slams in the back of you.
>>
No matter the conditions just continue on seriously 99% of pile ups are because some dumb whore slams on her breaks when it gets a little foggy
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.