[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the FJ Cruiser a meme car?? I need a DD for the city
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
Why is the FJ Cruiser a meme car??

I need a DD for the city (meeting clients etc) that I can also go Off Road with on weekends.

I was considering a Wrangler but you guys said it was a girls car plus shit to drive (I have not had a test drive yet)

Either way I would probably get one of these wraps to make it more rugged and easier to clean after the weekend and a few other basic mods.

So please tell me more about the FJ Cruiser and why it is meme and/or a shit choice.

Also give me an alternative to both the Wrangler or FJ Cruiser that is similarly priced.

>Defender
The obvious choice, unfortunately no longer in production and demand is making prices rise.
>>
Your idea to look professional is an FJ cruiser with a wrap? Is your profession selling Monster flat brim hats or wakeboards? Get a 4Runner.
>>
>>14819180
are you one of those cunts in NYC that are constantly shitting up I87 on fridays?

fuck you.
>>
>>14819180
everything is a meme
>>
>>14819180
>but you guys said it was a girls car plus shit to drive
>believing anything you read on /o/
Understand that:
50% of /o/ doesn't own a car
90% of /o/ hates american cars regardless of what the car is
100% of /o/ doesnt know you and won't be around to call your car girly

Take a test drive to see if you like wranglers. If it's muddy or if you don't put stupid feminine shit on it nobody will think its a girls car.

and don't base major financial decisions on the advice of a mongolian farriers board. Just don't.
>>
It's okay, horrid visibility though, wouldn't wanna drive one in the city.
>>
>>14819194
Top lel
>>
>>14819225
Best post ITT
>>
File: FJ .jpg (104 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
FJ .jpg
104 KB, 1024x768
>>14819180
I have one. Love it, will have it till the sun burns out. I do not like the v6. The manual isn't the greatest because the throttle is mapped to hang in between shifts like you wouldn't believe.
Visibility isn't an issue at all. Adjust your mirrors properly.

It's not a perfect vehicle but.. I love it. If it had a v8 though it would be about perfect, and get better mpg to boot.
>>
>>14819180
>only having one car
get a comfy sedan for work and an old wrangler for muh offroadan'
>>
>>
>>14819194

My clients are 3trendy5me Real Estate professionals who drive Range Rovers/Land Rovers or sports cars and upgrade every few years so that they always appear successful.

I photograph Real Estate professionally and have my own business, this means I am frequently traveling all over the city or meeting with potential clients usually at some shitty overpriced trendy cafe.

I dont know if you know anything about Real Estate agents but they are generally giant assholes (most of them have to be to succeed in such a competitive industry)

A Wrangler or FJ Cruiser seems to fit what I want better than anything else, 1. They are trendy enough to drive in the city 2. I can actually Off Road with them, go camping etc, 3. the wrap will look regular on one of these cars and will be both beneficial for protection and make it easier to quickly clean after the weekend and before I go to meetings.
>>
File: blacktacoma.jpg (123 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
blacktacoma.jpg
123 KB, 960x640
>>14819180
FJs are overpriced shitboxes. The inside of them is incredibly shitty. Get a 4Runner or Tacoma and be done with it. Nobody is going to take you seriously in such a brotastic shitbox.
>>
>>14819437
>The inside of them is incredibly shitty.
So you can hose it out.
I second the Tacoma or 4Runner, though. Plenty of richfags own them. An acquaintance of mine DD's a newish (previous model, probably a '13 or something) Tacoma, his wife's car? A fucking C63 AMG coupe.
>>
what a stupid thing
people don't think the wrangler is girly
we all went to try it out and it drove like fucking garbage, which this no doubt also drives like total fucking garbage
>>
>>14819180
Op, the problem isn't the wrangler and we didn't tell you it's a girly car. The problem is you are a faggot.

All you want is a lifted bro-dozer to roll around the city in and keep posting this shit over and over again till you get the answer you want.

Any tasteful rugged vehicle will look partially acceptable, better than a bro-lifted vehicle and worse than exec sedan/suv. Your line of work is very much image important with referrals etc so looking like a pleb is a really bad idea - and most of the images you posted in earlier threads will make you look like one.

As in the earlier posts:
Slight lift, steel wheels, decent bumpers, tire carrier, winch and external fuel tank and you are set.

Going crazy lift with rockstar wheels will only work like >>14819194
>>
>>14819437
Hah! Fucking made in america Taco vs. Made in Jap FJ? FJ all day.

Hilux would be another matter entirely. But seriously, any moron who buys a car not made in the manufacturers home country is an idiot.
>>
>>14819437
>overpriced
>get a 40k midsize truck it's way better
>>
File: jew.gif (997 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
jew.gif
997 KB, 500x270
>>14820215
sure
>>
File: IMG_20150704_145602342_HDR.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150704_145602342_HDR.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>14819180
F-150s are pretty nice and you can spec them out to have all the stuff you want and none of the crap you don't. For SUVs 2nd or 3rd gen Explorers are a good choice; ignore the crossovers and the 1st gen boxy ones.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.