[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: jalopnik.png (10 KB, 255x53) Image search: [Google]
jalopnik.png
10 KB, 255x53
What went wrong?
>>
rich hipsters
>>
File: cropped.png (72 KB, 600x351) Image search: [Google]
cropped.png
72 KB, 600x351
>>14818991
The real question is What Went Right.

>They're owned by a pro-feminist """"""News"""""" conglomerate, Gawker Media
>Their journalists can't even drive [Whats his name crashed a Camaro]
>Some of them can't even drive a manual
>Clickbait and tube garbage in every article
>Every 2+ page article can be stated in one paragraph

I take Buzzfeed more seriously than any Gawker website.
>>
>>14818991

They basically turned into Car Throttle.
>>
>>14819012
>What went right

Hulk Hogan won his lawsuit
>>
>>14818991

I think one of their heads left about a couple of years ago and since then it became rather unregulated and they began publishing whatever piece of "journalism" they thought would appeal to millenials with short attention spans.

I just looked at their home page and saw an article about a video from 2003 simply because somebody saw others talking about it on Reddit.

When the Model 3 was debuted they had like 10 different posts about the same damn car.
>>
Most of their writers are wannabe Brooklyn hipsters that don't really know anything about cars.

Doug Demuro and Michael Ballaban are by far the worst writers on staff. Ballaban, jesus christ that guy has not a fucking clue about cars.

And Demuro we've discussed before, the guy is a huge attention whore faggot that thinks he's hot shit because he once did a 9 month internship with Porsche way back in college.
>>
Tavarish or whatever his name is. Reading his work gives my eyes cancer.
>>
>>14819012
Foxtrot Alpha was fantastic, but Tyler got poached, and so I'm sure it's gonna go to shit.

That tranny was actually a pretty decent writer when it came to making Japanese car culture shit compelling to a person like me who normally wouldn't give a fuck, but got caught back up in teaching english and polluting the minds of Japan's youth or something.

Their truck guy is tolerable. Mate Petrany is actually good.

Whoever crossposts all of those Alissa Walker posts from Gawker is a masterful troll.

Eh, I'll be sad to see it fold when Hulk leg drops Denton to death.
>>
>>14821011

Isn't /drive and thus thedrive.com basically Jalop 2.0?
>>
File: 1443665083792.jpg (264 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1443665083792.jpg
264 KB, 1500x1500
>>14819058

>jalopnik
>carthorttle
>haggard garage
>Doug Demuro

Just a few of the many reasons i want to end it all
>>
>>14821038
The original /Drive crew were actually pretty damn decent.

How good TheDrive is really depends on how they use the original crew.
>>
Jalopnik really highlights the decline of automotive journalism.
>>
>>14821258
Not really.
The whole Gawker group shows the decline of blogging from potential direct journalism to clickbaiting and empty opinion-flinging
>>
File: 1447984449156.jpg (74 KB, 601x686) Image search: [Google]
1447984449156.jpg
74 KB, 601x686
Alright /o/, I have a challenge for you. Go to Jalopnik, and find an article you actually agree with. Post results.

Hard Mode: from the last three years.
Nightmare Mode: one year.
>>
They steal content and the writers are all numale faggots that aren't into cars
>>
>>14821869

any article saying the el camino is cool
>>
>>14820999
fuck christ this guy especially
>watch video for "what car you should buy right now thats going to appreciate"
>300zx gets general positive praise
>and then theres this fucker
>"ugly, hard to make any real power out of them, unreliable, extremely hard to work on (agreeable)"
>"the car you SHOULD buy? Well obviously a Mitsubishi 3000gt Vr4"
>nigger WHAT
after that i was done with slopinick
>>
>>14821869

... but most of Jalopnik is just trivia. That's like saying "find a Jeopardy question you actually agree with".

Now, "find an EDITORIAL you actually agree with", that's a challenge.
>>
File: tumblr_n1nhx0yFNE1tsvqnoo2_500.jpg (68 KB, 500x626) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1nhx0yFNE1tsvqnoo2_500.jpg
68 KB, 500x626
>>14821869
What's the point of this?
>>
>>14819012
>Their journalists

I'm offended when people call Jalopnik's writers "journalists." I'm a journalist. Those guys are not journalists. They're writers, and anyone can do their job.
>>
Just had a read through some articles. It's like reddit but even worse. I find it hard to believe some of these articles were written by actual car enthusiasts, they're that fuckin wimpy.

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/the-worst-sport-to-watch-in-the-world-1750063689
The more you read through this one, the angrier you'll get.
>>
File: 1458788386516.png (179 KB, 492x438) Image search: [Google]
1458788386516.png
179 KB, 492x438
>>14818991
Gawker fucked it all up.
>Thank you Hogan
>>
>>14821869
>>14821922

Ok I went ahead and did it anyway: http://jalopnik.com/the-original-mazda-rx-7-is-a-goddamn-masterpiece-1739244824

It's exactly my sentiment on the FB RX-7. It's beautiful, exciting, and a car I would never want to own because under the Porsche-clone shell it's a piece of shit.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.