[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you take on a dealership and win? Is it possible? Can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: questioning.jpg (7 KB, 250x230) Image search: [Google]
questioning.jpg
7 KB, 250x230
How do you take on a dealership and win? Is it possible? Can I avoid being screwed if I go in fully aware that they'll try to screw me? As long as I point out shit wrong with the car they'll bring the price down right? Or is private my only option?
>>
Are you buying or selling?
>>
Unless they're actively trying to get rid of the car I.e. back lot special your going to end up paying more to a dealership than to a private party unless the private party is also truly a "don't really need to sell" type. Dealerships have the space and float to let you walk away and they have to make a decent profit to maintain that float. However of you do walk away and leave a deal that's actually acceptable for both parties a dealership will call you back. If you tell them you're going to go look at a similar car somewhere else they may not even let you walk away. These are good tips but you still well end up paying a certain premium just because it's sitting at a dealership (unless they think it's shit in which case they may practically give it to you)
>>
>>14817135
Avoid the delgroid.
>>
>>14817135

It's you, who I assume buys a car maybe once every 3 years, versus a guy who sells every day for however many years. Good luck OP.
>>
>>14817135
>2015
>looking for a specific car, rare in my area
>find one 60 miles out, at some bumfuck used lot
>180k miles, been sitting for months, wants $6000
>calls the guy up, tell him the cars been sitting, cant find any paperwork, looks rusty etc
>tell him I'll pay $5000 cash for the car today
"fuck you kid I'm just gonna keep the damn car then, <click>
>wait one more month
>he drops price to $5000

that guy was an asshole
>>
>>14817193
Sounds like you were pretty insulting based on a photo online. Making offers over the phone is stupid too
>>
>>14817135
it's actually pretty easy and mostly just comes down to willpower. research as much as you can about the vehicle you're looking at, any questions you have you should find the answers to on your own. walk into the dealer knowing exactly what you want, what you're willing to pay and don't be afraid to walk out the door. of course you need to be reasonable like you can't be trying to get a vehicle for half price or pull some other jewish fuckery.

so many people get to the dealer and start looking at something they like and quickly get attached to it. they get it into their head that they aren't leaving without it. salesman can recognise that shit and once they see it they know they have you by the balls and will do their best to take advantage and really apply pressure

decide early on if you want any extra shit like extended warranty, rust protection ect. they will often try to scare you into buying that shit and a lot of people fall for it

buying a vehicle is really easy as fuck as long as you don't let your emotions get the better of you
>>
to beat a dealership, you first get the manager and ask him to show your the employee roster and show him the salesman with the lowest amount of sales
you ask the manager that youd like to have him help you with the car buying process
he comes around and you tell him youre gonna help him get a sale as long as he helps you get a car
you look for the car you want, you get it and lay out the price you hope to pay
he will most likely say no, so you see the options he will give you
if you dont like them, and the matter of buying a car is not of urgency because your previous car broke etc, do not be afraid to walk put, but offer a contact number in case he changes his mind
he will probably call you back with at the very least, a deal that was better than what was offered
i did this to get my mom a brand new mazda 3 that she OWNS for 290 a month with no down payment
>>
>>14817193
So you failed to purchase, gg.
>>
>>14817135
Just be prepared to walk away from any car you try to buy, and travel to other dealerships.
>>
wait until model year end sales, have good credit, be part of a credit union.

also where you dealer is has some to do with how long they will hold/value a car. some ford dealer out in the middle of bumfuck nowhere will probably sell f150s day in day out

I called ahead to a ford dealer to look at fiesta st. when I got there they had a last year model fiesta SE with all the options they were desperate to get rid of. Told them lol nope and had them fetch the ST.

>>14817423
also this, never get your heart set on the first car you go to test drive.
>>
>>14817135
Basically leverage multiple dealerships against each other, make sure you either have your financing already set up or don't mention it at all until you've agreed on the price of the car, and always be prepared to walk away. It takes some work, if you're savvy enough you can do all you negotiating before ever setting foot on the dealership floor.
>>
>>14817319
>OWNS
>290 a month

If you're paying per month, you don't own shit.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.