[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I get the FCA is shit meme now >Work for a local stealership
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1451769974297.jpg (74 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1451769974297.jpg
74 KB, 720x960
I get the FCA is shit meme now

>Work for a local stealership
>Service trades
>PT Cruiser comes in
>Literally nothing but electrical gremlins out the ass
>Tell sales it's fucking fucked m8
>Decide to sell it as is anyways
>Sells it for like 4K
>Some sucker buys it and asks to get his money back the next day

Another greentext:
>Get a year old Town and Country in with 30,000 miles from Enterprise
>Take it in to service
>Take it on a quick test drive
>Honest to god every bump we hit the interior is rattling like you're shaking a box of legos

Word is before I got there the sales team sold a used Dart that shit the bed like 2 days later and the customers went to the owners to get the deal unwound.
>>
>>14817054
I can't believe people though Chrysler being bought by FIAT was a good thing, they should have died when Cerberus bought them
>>
> Wasting time on a Chrysler without an SRT our Ram badge on it
Really though aren't "gremlins" a thing bad mechanics have been blaming for their failures for about a hundred years?
>>
>>14817078

Honestly I thought Chrysler had improved some but I asked the lead tech if this is usual per Chrysler products and he said yea pretty much everything we get in on trades that are Chryslers are shitboxes

Apparently our dealership also immediately takes all Mustangs made from 05-14 to auction cause it has an unfixable air bag light problem. Not sure if it's unfixable or if they just don't want to be bothered with fixing it.

>Work at a Kia/VW/Volvo/Porsche service department
>>
>>14817093

No genuinely it had electrical problems

Car would shut off on it's own, dash lights would randomly go on/off, the alarm would randomly go off, it wouldn't start most mornings, and the customers came back after buying it saying all of the warning lights wouldn't go off lel
>>
>>14817095
IMO, Chrysler has gotten worse since the 90s, say what you want but the LH platform was probably their best FWD platform ever, and the first gen Neon was an awesome little commuter car when it had the 2.0 DOHC, and they at least tried to be innovative, and when they were DC, they at least released the LX platform, if FCA originally bought them instead of Daimler the LX would never have been made
>>
>>14817054
PT cruiser is a notoriously shitty car just as it's successor(HHR) and the Dart is just a econo shitbox for poor faggots. i could probably find a million stories about how shitty budget cars are from any company
>>
>>14817095
sounds like this is a pretty shitty dealer desu
>>
>>14817128
>PT Cruisers a notoriously shitty car

Maybe in the N/a trims, but inowned a GT Turbo abd in 4 years I never had a major issue I couldn't fix myself
>>
>>14817149
i think it was mostly the earlier versions. they had a lot of problems and some very fucking stupid safety issues. i think it was around 04 things started to improve but that reputation stayed with them
>>
>>14817136

All dealers are shitty but if I'm not a retard they're so desperate for techs that they'll pay for my ASE certs so I'm here for the time being
>>
>>14817163
More like 03, that's the year my GT was and like I said I had no issues with it, even the slushbox was fine
>>
>>14817170
nah not all are shitty. mine is actually pretty good and have treated me very well
>>
>>14817105
...and you can't fix electrical problems why? You realize that there is a relatively high percentage of people on 4chan with electronics skills right? That's exactly the condition people like that are going to be looking to pick up low mileage cars cheap in.
>>
>>14817128
> Thinks a Chevy is the successor to a Chrysler because of similar styling
> Expects his opinions on cars to be taken seriously
>>
File: 1460244994421.gif (22 KB, 50x50) Image search: [Google]
1460244994421.gif
22 KB, 50x50
>>14817054
>FCA is shit
>a DaimlerChrysler car and an ex-rental were bad
>>
>>14817191

They only sold it for 4K and I think they gave the guy like $1500 for it, I'm not certain

The service department still charges the dealership to fix problems on trades, and if it looks like the fixes will eat too much into profitability they'll just say fuck it and set it out on the lot "as is". Our service department charges $90 an hour labor lol because apparently it's easy to fuck VW/Volvo/Porsche owners
>>
>>14817203
no, the same fucking guy designed both cars. it may not be the same brand but the HHR is literally the successor
>>
>>14817292
>successor
Not him, but no, it was literally the same car just different design and a better platform that didn't have a SRA, GM literally wanted their own PT Cruiser sonthey went out and got the designer
>>
>>14817209
Holy shit dealerships are eating themselves from the inside!
>>
>>14817292
>>14817314
Explain the SSR to me then
>>
>>14817209
Porsche owners who don't take their cars to high end Porsche certified shops are generally cancerous cucks who are going to ruin the car.

I do all the work on my 986 myself because of shit shops who charge too much. Yesterday I found out the sparkplugs had never been tightened by whatever shop last changed them. They were so loose, combustion gasses were literally escaping through the plug, coming out of the hole past the coilpack and making a chirping sound. After changing them I think I gained about 30 HP at least.
>>
>>14817326
The SSR was made before the HHR, and was built probably to compete with the retro Thunderbird put out by Ford because the Big 3 were all about retro in the early 2000s, it was built off the Trailblazer platform and iirc, the only engine you could get was the 5.3(?)
>>
>>14817348
06(final year) had the 6L
>>
>>14817355
Ahh, thanks for that
>>
>>14817054
FCA assembly plant Managerfag here. FCA is total shit being. In Michigan vehicles and engines are being put together by entitled union negroids who could give less of a shit if the car works properly or not.
>>
>>14817717
Make America Great Again
>>
File: ferrari488.jpg (75 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
ferrari488.jpg
75 KB, 960x720
>>14817322

Nah the owner is just obsessed with profit and uses "gods favor" as to why he is so rich by being a kind person

I'm not making that shit up he says it virtually every monday at the morning meeting.

>This is what he drives to work on Monday

You never see him the rest of the week, but he treats us alright. Buys us lunch, company paid retreats, company paid dinners, etc.
>>
When I worked Toyota I was the guy that looked over all the trade ins to decide what to do with them, we pretty much just automatically sent any Chrysler out to wholesale after a while, we ate it really bad on a few cars, one was an SRT8 Cherokee that the A/C didn't work, I had to replace the blend door motor mechanism, took me 20+ hours (obviously it wasn't my brand so I could only piece together cryptic diagrams from alldata, had the seats out, dash out, wiring harness taken apart, total mess). The next was a Sebring that seemed ok but when it rained we found out how bad it leaked, there was about 6 inches of water in it.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.