[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I replaced yesterday my parking lights with some white vision
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: lights.png (2 MB, 966x1284) Image search: [Google]
lights.png
2 MB, 966x1284
So I replaced yesterday my parking lights with some white vision phillips (blue bulb).
Now I'm going to buy some osram cool blue intense (4200K) and some true white bulbs for my DRLs.
How much of a fag will I be, running this setup?
Also, for the eurofags, is there any online store with a decent line up of bulbs?
The only quality option for the DRLs (w21w T20 7440) are some 25€ PIAAs on ebay.

Lighting general, I guess.
>>
File: DSC01027.jpg (4 MB, 5456x3632) Image search: [Google]
DSC01027.jpg
4 MB, 5456x3632
Just depends. If your housings are made for that type of lighting, or you do a full lens retrofit, it will likely be fine.

Bottom line is if it is done correctly, people wont notice anyway.

I did a full lens retrofit from a higher trim version of my car which comes with factory xenons with 6000k bulbs (White w/ slight blue tinge)
5000k LED Fogs
LED White/Amber switchbacks with resistor fix

Lots of time involved since I did it all myself trying to source used parts, but well worth it.

P.S. Make sure you aim your headlights correctly. My state is beam cutoff 2in lower than your headlight @ 25ft away, so make sure you aren't a faggot and blind everyone. Do your research.
>>
>>14815963
Nah man, I'm not installing xenons. I'd probably get fucked in the ass the moment I turned them on.
Just want to get rid from that yellow-ish tint from the OEM bulbs.
I thought about installing leds on the DRLs but that envolves resistors and shit or it would result in computer error.

Found this for the DRLs
http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/mtec-w21w-super-white-xenon-effect-bulbs-7440-pair/

And this for the main beam
http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/mtec-12v-55w-cosmos-blue-hid-class-upgrade-bulbs-h1-h4-h7-h8-h9-h11-h12-h13-9005-9006-9007/

Anyone know about MTEC? Is it any good?
>>
>>14815963
P.S.S Also to make sure you don't get dicked by the law, your amber markers shouldn't really be fucked with.

And for the love of god don't "smoke" any of your lights because it's stupid, illegal, and dangerous. You will 100% be a fag.
>>
>>14815996

as a fellow kentuckybro the number of smoked lights i see on a daily basis makes me want to personally purge anyone who has them
>>
>>14815996
I'm an eurofag, mate. There's no such thing as obligatory side markers in here.
>>
File: 20160313_072012.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160313_072012.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>14815985
Typically bulbs that claim to be "LED like" are fucking garbage and aren't bright enough or fucking garbage and burn out quickly because they run too hot.

If you are going for just better lighting, Phillips is ntb, haven't really tried anyone else. Or do a full retrofit, the results are much better

Read into the stuff, none of it is hard, just time consuming. A bunch of ale and an and afternoon, you can have a pretty nice set up.
>>
>>14816010
Don't know any of the traffic laws there, but here cops MAY not care about if your lighting is a little bit outside the law (within reason), but cops CAN and insurance WILL penis your brown-star.
>>
>>14816021
Yeah, Phillips is okay but they don't have the bulbs that fit my DRLs. That's why I'm searching for some quality ones.
People on Fiat forums seem to praise those MTEC ones.

As for the retrofit, there are no oem hid projectors for my car.
I'd have to buy some ricey aftermarket ones.
Then I'd have to install headlight washers and a height self-regulator.
Then have it inspected. Otherwise, if the po-po stops me they'll impound the car.
>>
>>14815996
>>14816003
What are you all even doing up at this hour? Damn.

Back on topic, somewhat. My headlight seals are fine, the headlights themselves are not... is there any way to replace just the headlight bulbs or must all of it go? Would it be cheaper that way?
>>
>>14816053
Nightshift breh

Are they faded? Or do you have moisture issues?
>>
Fuck it. Gonna buy this.
>>
>>14816073
I'm sure those will be fine.

That's like what? 30 burgerbucks? Not a bad price I think.
>>
>>14816080
Yeah.
About 30€ with shipping, $35 or thereabouts.
Not a bad price at all, taking into account lower spec main beam bulbs go for 30€ on physical stores here.
>>
>>14816064
Just faded. Unless I'm in an area without street lights i cant tell if they're even on at night. No moisture issues
>>
>>14816135
1. 800, 1500, then 2000 grit wetsand paper. Clean in between grits.

2. Hit it with 3 coats of UV Proof clear coat

3. Polish with a polishing compound

Theoretically you could bake open the headlight if it is the same on the inside and follow the same process.

Depending on the model year of the car, new replacements aren't that much. They were 100 for a pair for my old 04 Sable LS
>>
so, i need to buy new bulbs for my low beams, and they're D2S hid bulbs. am i fine just buying the 30 buck kensun bulbs off amazon, or would that be going full retard? i have literally no idea what im doing, but the actual act of replacing them seems simple enough.
>>
>>14816351
Mine are kensun, they have crazy good customer service. Have had mine going on 6mo and they are still going strong. No flickering, they light the first time every time.
>>
>>14816389

good to hear, i guess ill order them tomorrow. i was planning on getting the 8k white-blue bulbs, im looking for something white but with a blue tinge
>>
File: Nein nein nein.jpg (12 KB, 206x213) Image search: [Google]
Nein nein nein.jpg
12 KB, 206x213
>>14816161
>1. 800, 1500, then 2000 grit wetsand paper. Clean in between grits.
Fuck no, just hit them with some plastic polish on a buffing wheel, the material isn't hard enough to justify that much sanding. You can EASILY take ALL of the oxidation off with 2000 grit, no need to start at fucking 800. Your other steps after the sanding are correct, but starting at 800 and working to 2000 is fucking dumb.
>>
>>14816161
sounds like an awful amount of work for a cheaper part. I wouldn't mind it much but I hate sanding in general, probably going to replace via amazon or factory then. Amazon says $120 new.
>>
>>14816073
those tiny xenon effect bulbs are generally crap. I ran some as license plate lights. the blue film melted off the bulb in a couple weeks then it melted the housing. good luck.
>>
>>14816409
Yeah 800 might be much, just depends on how uv blasted they are and how deep any scratches are. 1500 then 2000 will at least get a nice even surface for the clear coat.

I had to drop to 800 on my dads truck, it had some deep divots from gravel and shit.
>>
>>14816451
You were probably running w5ws or something. These w21w are quite a bit bigger. But we'll see.
From what I've read, they perform fine without any issues.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.