[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /o/ I dont usually come here but my parents are buying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
File: 3.jpg (74 KB, 975x443) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
74 KB, 975x443
Hello /o/ I dont usually come here but my parents are buying me a car to celebrate me getting a real job. Only problem is I can't go above $23000 and that includes taxes and fees and whatever other bullshit that you gotta pay for.
Anyways my top 3 choice at the moment are
>Mazda 3 (5 door)
>Honda Civic sedan
>Nissan Altima
I'm looking for something that's economical while also being fun to drive (which is why I eliminated the Corolla).
>>
I'm going to assume you're not trolling; look at lightly used cars, new is a complete waste, especially for econoboxes.
>>
>>14813992
not even trolling but it has to be new. my parents will not buy a used car. i would keep my 94 corrola and just take the cash if I could but that's not the case here
Also wanted to add I dont like coupes
>>
Get a $5k Civic and save the rest of the money like a responsible adult
>>
>>14814021
>parents refuse to buy used
Are they idiots?
>>
>>14814025
>>14814033
see
>>14814021
my parents are retired and have more money than sense. i'm only taking the deal cause I know they'd offer the same to my brothers once they get their own jobs so Id rather not miss out on the chance
>>
>>14814037
So they are idiots. You can get a nice LS460 for the price of a Civic Touring
>>
>>14814037
Eh, if I had to choose it'd be the Mazda 3. Post-EK9 Civic is absolute pigfat garbage with abysmal interiors, meanwhile Altimas have never been worth buying period.
>>
>>14814050
they might be but they're also really proud to finally have a kid they can brag about to their friends

can anyone actually answer the question or do I have to tell my whole life story?
the reason I ask you guys is because every site seems to shill for a different company and idk anything about car engines, reliability, etc
>>
Add your money on top of that and get a Charger R/T
>>
>>14814082
Get the new Civic and shit the fuck up
>>
>>14814033
They're giving their kid a new car. Of course they are.
>>
>>14814065
>it took this long to get a real answer
thanks Mazda 3 is my first choice too

>>14814083
like I said id rather keep my 94 corolla so spending more money on a car is prob th elast thing Id do

>>14814086
any particular reason why?
>>
>>14814105
Civic X is a damn good car that's why
>>
>>14813989
Mazda3 owner here. I love it, it's definitely the best car in its class. Get the 6-speed manual and it's really fun to drive. One thing though, why the 5 door? The sedan is cheaper, lighter, and still has a huge trunk
>>
A 23000$ used car would be fucking awesome. A 23000$ new car? Not so much.

See if you can talk some sense into them so you can get an "almost new" car under 50k km or something. Opens you up to things like the BRZ.
>>
>>14814065
My bad I'm retarded, EM# was the last good Civic.
>>
>>14814129
I just think it looks nicer. really thats it

>>14814132
ehh they're pretty stubborn and id rather not drive a luxury car cause i dont wanna pay too much for car insurance
>no coupes
>suggests BRZ

>>14814114
the new ones do look nice but I hate that electric speedometer. makes it look like a toy
>>
>>14813989
23$1000Toyota Corollas
>>
>>14814174
All new cars have digital dashs
>>
>>14814114
It's already had a recall you shill.
>>
>>14814193
Only for the poverty spec 2 litre engine, OP should get the turbo 1.5
>>
>>14814174
The Focus/Fiesta ST is right in your budget and are fun to drive and work on while being reliable with good gas mileage. Definitely worth at least driving since you're in the market.

They're manual only though, not sure if that affects your decision.
>>
>>14814129
is the interior pretty roomy? how long have you had it?

>>14814180
idk why but that split between the dash just turns me off from it
>>
>>14813989
If it were me, I'd get the Mazda 3, with the Civic as my second choice.
>>
>>14814217
The new Civic doesn't have a split dash
>>
>>14814215
it does look nice but that interior is horrid. who designed this shit?
are american cars still considered unreliable or is that a meme now

>>14814221
this is where I'm at right now also

>>14814236
good call. i like it much better now

im split between Mazda3 and Civic now
>>
>>14814271
Mazda has thin paint and the Civic has a higher quality interior
>>
>>14814271
I can only really speak for the STs, but yeah they are really reliable. There have been some horrific automatic transmissions but if you stick to manuals you should be fine.

The Focus and old Mazda 3 used a shared platform (I believe), as well as the Fiesta/old Mazda 2. The interiors are nice if you option them out (Recaro seats) but feel econoboxy otherwise. Can't beat the drive feel though for the price.
>>
fiesta ST is in your budget, much funner than the others you mentioned
>>
>>14814296
To clarify, the STs are manual only. The horrific automatic transmissions were in base model Focus and Fiestas for the most part.
>>
>>14814296
>>14814299
alright Ill look more into it cause Ive never even considered a Ford

>>14814285
interesting. what makes it higher quality exactly? like the options you get or quality of materials?
>>
>>14814325
Options on higher end models, bit the interior quality is half a step above its competitors as well
>>
Unrelated, but goddamn why is this interior trend with the shitty tablet screen so popular? It looks retarded as fuck
>>
>>14814346
I dont think Ill ever get all those options but I just watched this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETKA3iV6mA4

Is the new civic bigger than the previous models because theyre saying its bigger than the mazda3
Ive been in the last gen civics and it def didnt feel bigger than my friends mazda3
>>
>>14814217
There's plenty of room in the front seats, but obviously the back seats are pretty cramped. The interior is great, even on the base model, and comes with a back up camera standard. If I were you, I would get the base model i sport then spend your remaining $4 on mods like rims, exhaust, and a tune
>>
>>14813989

>new mazda / honda / nissin

fucking faggot, get some taste and buy a nice used car
>>
>>14814398
>Is the new civic bigger than the previous models because theyre saying its bigger than the mazda3
The current Civic is literally the size of an old Accord, it's really pushing the definition of a "compact". Typical segment size creep, a 90's Civic is the size of a current Fit.
One issue is also reliability in the sense that, the Civic is pretty much brand new, while the 3 has been out for a few years, car companies tend to fix lots of problems the longer a car has been in production, so the Civic might have some new issues (ie, wrist pin clips . . . .)
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.