[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
High Mileage Toyota/Lexus Hybrid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: gs450h.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gs450h.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
I heard that Toyota's hybrid vehicles are more reliable than their non-hybrid vehicles.
Can anyone support this?

I also heard the batteries should last well beyond 200k.

I'm looking to buy a 2007-2010 GS 350, GS 430/460, or GS 450h. I'm intrigued by the hybrid but scared about buying one with 80,000-100,000 miles on it.

I'm looking on other forums too just wanted to get the opinion of /o/ too.
>>
I would get a 350.

Toyota rarely changes engines, and all that I've heard about hybrids is the exact opposite of what you've heard.

There was a Camry hybrid on my Craigslist a few months ago. Was probably a 2010 or 2011, but it was 3k asking price because it needed a new hybrid battery pack.
>>
>>14812052
I hear they'll last a long time more than I hear they won't. It sucks to have doubt. It would be cool to get the hybrid.
>>
I don't know how, but the GS hybrid batteries have a weird tendency to shit themselves after 7 years, unlike the other hybrid Toyotas. My dealership has replaced two this year, both cars having only around 100,000km.
>>
>>14814834
You're listening to hybrid fanboys trying to make it sound good. There isn't a single wear item that is good for 200k miles without maintanance.
>>
Toyota hybrid batteries are pretty reliable up to 150K or so. I rarely replace one with fewer miles than that. I have a few delivery Prius' with over 300K on the original batteries. It's like anything else, there are good ones and not so good ones. But overall the failure rate on the hybrid batteries is pretty low up to 150K. There are several aftermarket sources now for the batteries, and the prices are coming down, so the repair price if you do lose a battery is not as bad as many people seem to believe. I put an aftermarket battery in a Highlander a few weeks ago and it cost $1800. That's not cheap....but it's a lot cheaper than the Toyota price of $2800. And it had the same warranty.
>>
On a semi related note, I wanna get 2014 is250, the dubstep looking one. Anyone had some experience with them?
>>
>>14815751
The 250 engine is the worst engine that has ever come out of Lexus. Go for an older 350 if you can't afford a newer 350.
>>
>>14817246
Youroop doesnt have the 350. Only new ones, 2.0 turbo... Also, a range rover sport came up, 2011 3.0d and 70000km. Are the rr service trips memeworthy or true?
>>
>>14817312
Don't you have a hybrid IS? Get that one
>>
>>14817341
Yeah,but like the thread goes, no faith in batteries and the price is much higher
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.