[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking to buy my first car, budget is 4k, can stretch it to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1446482577763.png (398 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
1446482577763.png
398 KB, 500x355
Looking to buy my first car, budget is 4k, can stretch it to 5k possibly.
I've been looking at the mazda 3 and the bmw series 3. What about the audi a4?
what are the pros and cons of each one?
It's going to be used as a daily driver mostly, but I want something that is somewhat sporty and fun to drive.
>>
>>14806048
>mazda3
Good car
>BMW
Absolute shit
>Audi
Absolute shit
Having said all this.
Buy a 90s corolla
>>
>>14806048
Post you local Craigslist.
>>
>>14806048
Get a 911
>>
>>14806048
Bump
>>
>>14806048
With the BMW and Audi you need to keep in mind that maintenance on them won't be cheap, especially on a 4k one, nor is insurance.

You should also consider the 1st gen Lexus IS200/300.
>dat straight six
though it's not fast at all
>>
>>14809741
>With the BMW and Audi you need to keep in mind that maintenance on them won't be cheap, especially on a 4k one, nor is insurance.

this is what makes consider the mazda 3 desu.
>>
>>14806048
Read the fucking sticky faggot
>>
>>14806048
Focus SVT if you can find one. Got one with 70k on it for 5 grand, most fun I've ever had driving a car.
>>
>>14806048
>civic/accord
>F150
>ford ranger
>chevy silverado
>chevy s10

All these can be found in relatively good condition, cheaper insurance, cheap parts and huge aftermarket selection
>>
>>14806048
get a miata op
>>
First car?

Dont get what you want, get a fucking civic.

You are going to destroy this car. Its not a mark against you, your character, or your driving skill, that is simply the way.

It is your first car. It is marked for death. It is its destiny.
>>
what about the renault clio sport? looks kinda fun
>>
>>14813565
This. Alternatively get an old Volvo, where destroying it enough to cause problems is really hard
>>
>>14813565
>>14814957
op here, I do know how to drive, that's why I'd like to get something somewhat fun.
the focus svt looks promising.
>>
If you can find one, the 03ish Civic SIs are pretty great. If you can't, there's integras and golfs
>>
File: loki.jpg (232 KB, 1298x1500) Image search: [Google]
loki.jpg
232 KB, 1298x1500
>>14806048
mazda 3 is 100% just by FAR the best choice of those three.

if you only have 4k to spend, you DO NOT want an old luxury brand car. the repairs will eat you out of house and home.

the mazda 3 is affordable, enjoyable and practical. I owned one for years and loved that thing.

please please please do not be the retard who buys a car and cant afford the repairs and maintenance
>>
>>14806048
don't buy german if you're poor. parts are expensive and some garages can't deal with them for some reason.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.