[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people still steal car stereos? My after-market JVC stereo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: car stereo.jpg (150 KB, 1200x557) Image search: [Google]
car stereo.jpg
150 KB, 1200x557
Do people still steal car stereos?

My after-market JVC stereo in my new 2nd hand car comes with a detachable faceplate, but I don't want to carry that around everywhere like a 90s mong.
>>
>not putting a broken tape deck in the radio slot and instead installing an amp with an aux port behind the dash for period correct appearance in your 30 year old shitbox
>>
Even when my car got broken into and like $500 worth of stuff was jacked they left my $140 deck with its detachable face plate I never detached. But this was also broad daylight in downtown SF.
>>
Are head units worth anything used?

I have a pretty nice JVC thats about 5 years old in a totaled civic
>>
Absolutely. Some piece of shit stole the 90s Pioneer that came in my truck and all my burned MP3 cds. I laughed and just tossed a Chinese one in and it felt like total shit. Ended up buying a premium OEM tape deck for $4 at Goodwill to replace it and wiring the CD changer port to be an aux in. Works fine. I like the analog EQ and balance/fader stick
>>
it's not a big deal like it once was
5+ years ago loads of people in my city would get jacked for their iphones.
that doesn't really happen now either.
>>
>>14803805
god that looks shit
>>
>>14803819

500 DOLLARS WORTH OF BULL SHIT
>>
>>14803805
jvc no, alpine yes
>>
I would think not since shit's so inexpensive today, but still. Thugs will be thugs.

You guys ever get a non-removable faceplate one stolen before? My buddy took the old radio out of my car and replaced it with my new piece that can't be pulled out or anything unless the thug spends 2 hours trying to remove it.
>>
Yes they do. Simple as that.
Source: I had my headunite attempt to be stolen a couple months back, but the stupid nigger couldn't pry it out in time and ran off
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>14803805
Never had a car stereo stolen, and this is a pic of the stereo/DVD player in my current car.
>>
>>14804410
+1

Not worth the trouble for the $10 they can get for the JVC
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>14805094
Oh and for those interested model is AVH-P3100DVD. Supports Bluetooth, USB, AUX, Sirius satellite radio, DVD, And CD.
>>
>>14805190
Not spending $500 on a stereo my car cost that much.
>>
>>14805190
Does it sound good though? I've seen that model at my local best buy and have been considering buying it but I want to know if it's worth it or if it's just a radio with a screen
>>
>>14805356
I had an older Pioneer 2300DVD just like his and the sound was great, it honestly depends on what you plan on doing with it, if you have two amps (4-channel and mono) then look for one with 3 pre-outs
>>
>>14805190
Hey Gunstar, did you have to do the parking break relay trick to get your DVDs to work in motion?
>>
>>14805380
>trick
It's called ground the lead.
>>
>>14805398
Did you know what I meant? Then shut the fuck up you goddamned autist
>>
>>14805407
>doesn't know the difference between brake and break
>flips out over a simple response
>calling anyone else autistic
Watch your faggot weeb movies while you're driving a hit a tree.
>>
>>14805424
>points out grammatical errors
>calls other autistic

Sure thing spergie, instead of a tree I'll just point at your house
>>
10+ years ago my cousin had to worry about his stereo getting stolen. I remember he would detach the faceplate and hide it. About 8 months ago I moved and my shit box was stolen. Stole everything else but the stereo. My guess is they were looking for quick cash items. Took my tools, prescription sun glasses, even the little binder of service history dating back to first sale.
>>
>>14805435
>illiterate
>making up excuses for why you're retarded
>implying you could get your piece of shit car up my driveway
Go hug your pillow slob.
>>
>>14805449
>pretends to be rich on Cantonese finger painting imageboard

Must be the pinnacle of your sad sorry life
>>
>>14804349
I don't know about you buddy, but my radar detector alone is worth more than your car in resale. And then I have a laptop and some tools that stay in it too.
>>
>>14805494
>if its not a parking space to a government-funded apartment like me you must be rich
>muh superiority complex because I'm poor and accept it because I'm too stupid to do anything about it
>>
>>14805380
Sorry on a shitty iPhone so I'll respond to a few questions in the same post.

1. Yes it sounds good, dvd playback is quiet though needs to but turned up quite a bit louder than playing music off USB.

2. Yes you need to hook it up to a switch to play movies while in motion. You can't just ground the wire permanently because it checks for that. I have the green wire from the deck to a switch and a wire from the switch to ground. To play a movie you need to go to the movie, a warning will pop up, and you flick the switch on and off, tap screen and done. If you just ground the wire you will be able to play a movie once but then the next time it won't work unless you disconnect the battery.

It's a good unit. Tons of presets so you can color match the buttons to your dash color, or just mix your own color. Has animated wallpapers built in or load your own with USB, etc. You can have it blend in pretty well with your dash.
>>
>>14803805
Sadly yes people are stealing car stereos still but you better have an alarm on your car if you don't want to carry the face plate or put like a plastic cover over it so it doesn't attract attention
>>
Yes

My pioneer stereo was stolen from my civic. Joke's on them, it didn't even work
>>
>>14803833
Probably like $20 at most. Stereos like the one in OP's pic are like $60 new
>>
Does Blaupunkt make decent head units? Might get one to replace my stock E36 BMW's factory radio and it looks somewhat normal with no stupid colors or chrome.
>>
>>14805695
If you see a head unit cycling through a rainbow of colors it's just stuck in demo mode usually. It's just showing off the range of colors you can choose from to get it close to your specific colors. I used to have a Sony unit similar to ops, single din etc. You can turn most the colors off or some of them if you only want some thing illuminated.

Hell with the double din like I have now I don't even need the screen on. One press and it'll only come on for a second when you change songs etc.
>>
File: IMG_1072.jpg (38 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1072.jpg
38 KB, 320x480
>>14805190
>tfw there isn't anything holding down the unit except clips that open up easier than frostys ass in jail
>>
>>14805507
Nigga you ain't slick, my shoes probably cost more than that radar detector.
>>
File: image.jpg (280 KB, 960x429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
280 KB, 960x429
>>14806324
Lol yeah mine wouldn't be hard to steal.

Basically on the eclipse the silver piece pops off, no screws. The actual unit only has 2 screws on it. 10 seconds you could have it out.

Helps that my windows are tinted so dark that you can't really see in. Darkest legally on the sides, limo on the back its pretty dark.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.