[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any former miata owners here? what car did you replace it with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: P5090203-1.jpg (126 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
P5090203-1.jpg
126 KB, 800x600
any former miata owners here?

what car did you replace it with and do you regret it?
>>
never bought one...never regretted it...that should answer your question.
>>
I don't have to sell mine, but I do have to put it in storage soon because I had a kid. I dread the thought everyday.
>>
>>14799627
ha you bought into two memes. Jk though...congrats pal
>>
I used to own a miata but I upgraded to a civic and I would have to say the civic is a much better car.

I do miss the Miata sometimes but when I hit vtec in my k20 you just forget you even had one.
>>
>>14799635

What car should I get? I wouldn't mind a Tesla Model 3, but it will be over a year before I could take delivery.
>>
>>14799611
Replaced it with an E36 M3. Would never go back.

I sold the M3 down the line and bought an FD. Ended up missing the M3 so I sold the FD and bought another E36 M3.
>>
>>14799659
idk man...something safe for the youngins
>>
>>14799627
Fuck storage. Keep it. Fuck the kid. Put the fucker in the trunk.

This is why I'm never having kids. I hate them.
>>
>>14799659
>I wouldn't mind a Tesla Model 3,
Despite the absolute shit tier dash? You are cancer
>>
>>14799656
But fwd
>>
>>14799696

I don't mind the kid really. I have a race car still. Just have to go boring with the daily. I look forward to doing car things with my kid. Hopefully he will be into karts. I never had the chance when I was a kid.

>>14799702

But a decent performing 4 door car for ~$27.5k.
>>
>>14799719
>But a decent performing 4 door car for ~$27.5k.
>decent performing
[citation needed]

The floating ipad shit is a deal breaker for me. But then again, the electric motors, weight and lack of manual transmission are all dealbreakers for me.
>>
>>14799719
Get an ST or if you can afford it, the RS or Golf R.
>>
>>14799656
this is so funny because I went from a 8th gen fa5 to an na8 miata and I don't miss the civic for a second.
>>
File: 1331112386850.gif (1 MB, 350x336) Image search: [Google]
1331112386850.gif
1 MB, 350x336
Bought a 94 Miats, used it for work about a week and never registered it, sold it to my uncle because his daughter is about to get her drivers license and wanted to surprise her.
I went and got an 08 Civic Si after, I kinda regret it because it was pretty clean with only 80k miles but at least my niece will make good use out of it.
>>
>>14799659
chevy bolt is good DD but kinda not good looking, you'll be able to lease one for DIRT cheap though
>>
>>14799757
golf R with a tune is a real fucking monster, like sub 4 seconds to 60. comfy too
>>
>>14799757

I don't really want to pay $35k+ for a boy racer car. I was looking at something like the Cadillac ATS. I could probably afford the V on $135k+ gross income, but I like to save money. In all actuality I will probably buy something used. I'd rather spend money on projects, racecars, and other hobbies.
>>
>>14799852
>tfw she fucks black bulls in your miats
>>
File: 45430145_big.jpg (55 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
45430145_big.jpg
55 KB, 1024x768
>>14799611
I'm currently trying to sell mine so I can pick up a corolla wagon.
>>
>>14799659
something with enough room for your wife and Tyrone to hide the salami as you are busy taking care of your wife's sons, you fucking cuck
>>
>>
>>14799611

I sold mine, made some pretty good money, replaced it with a wrx. 4 seats are nice, but they go empty 99% of the time. I could fit nearly as much in the miata cause I had a luggage rack on the back. 0-60 is neat but only that, and stoplight to stoplight got boring fast.

Miata in the turns and twisties was bliss. Wrx handles as well as the miata (which means fucking great mate) but def feels different. Not bad but different. Some people like the extra weight but the miata does it so effortlessly with it being lightweight and perfect balance. The only real big advantage is hp on uphill when there is a straight. Downhill, I hardly use the wrx powerband.

I miss it all the time. I will probably pick up an NB soon because DEM CURVES and since prices will stay low for a couple of years. Na's a bit overpriced.
>>
>1.6 NA Miata

Best car I ever owned, bought it for $700 beat on it for 8 months then sold it with a slipping clutch and leaky top for $1100. Only changed all the fluids.

What replaced it?

A bunch of 1990s Hondas. Definitely quicker and more practical, equally capable in the corners (barring a autocross), but not anywhere nearly as fun. Less sensation of speed, more actual speed (160whp/2700lb GSR and 210whp/2300lb H2B). FWD can be fucking quick (predictable + easy to chuck around) but its not as fun as a FR car where you can power on oversteer...so what's the fucking point? I'm not competing in any spec race series.

E36 M3, comes close. I like the steering feel and torque, and being a 50/50 FR with a LSD its close but definitely bigger. More comfortable/isolated too, but still very mechanical. The shifter fucking sucks vs Miatas/Civics though, and its honestly not as tossable.

I actually test drove a 1.8 NA before buying the M3, forgot how fucking disgustingly slow they were. It feels quick then you look down and you realize you brap'd to 40mph, felt slower than my EK Civic EX beater. More body roll than I remembered, but I liked how the car kinda "fit" around you when you were in it. That "fit" made the car feel tossable and agile despite being so fucking slow. Was bone stock and felt "sporty".

Honeslty I was split between getting my current M3 and just going full retard doing a Turbo 1.8 NA. Ended up buying the M3 since I figured I already had a Miata. Don't really regret it, maintenance aside the M3 is a "higher level" car in the sense that it requires far far less work to corner fast (just replacing a lot of worn out bullshit instead). Was also looking at RX-8s (pretty much a bigger heavier NC Miata) and 350Zs (the one I drove didn't feel as good as the M3, though it was automatic and beat to fuck, sometimes I wonder what would've happened if I drove a manual one in better shape)
>>
>>14800736
I forgot, the Miata made for a REALLY SHITTY street car

>MPG in the low-mid 20s
>Leaky top would leak in the rain
>Horrible visibility with the top up
>Absolute shit to be in when its hot out, A/C felt like it "misted" cold air at best, black soft top would just bake you and putting the top down would fry you, car gave me literal skin cancer
>Terrible stereo with 2 tinny speakers
>No storage space
>Can't nap in it, very uncomfortable if you're doing anything that isn't driving
>Can't go do groceries in it unless I had my mom carry her bags from Costco between her legs
>Can't lock it or leave it secure, trunk can be opened from inside and soft top means someone will slash your top if you lock it
>Rusts out easily (NA/NB) so makes for a bad winter car
>Expensive stock suspension bits (balljoints/tierods in particular) and weatherstripping is unobtainium
>Definitely not a fucking highway car short gearing + soft top + bad aero = wind noise and high rpms

So don't get one as your only car.
>>
File: 1.jpg (1008 KB, 1200x795) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1008 KB, 1200x795
>>14800646
>>14800736

Thanks for actual responses anons. I don't think anyone shits on your for selling/trading your miata because you still appreciate what makes them special, even if you moved on to something else.
>>
File: 1458189609941.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1458189609941.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>14800769

> post yfw Jalopnik babbies BTFO
>>
>>14800029
i believe it, but do you have a source?
>>
>>14800817

Federal subsidies and GM has been going after the lease crowd lately with aggressive rates.
>>
File: 645212.JPEG.jpg (90 KB, 625x416) Image search: [Google]
645212.JPEG.jpg
90 KB, 625x416
Bought an 06 TL. Thought I wanted luxury and something more for the highway.
Transmission went out after 4 months. screwed VW by trading it in for a 2016 Jetta.
>pic related
>>
>>14800646
>Miata in the turns and twisties was bliss.

>Slow
>Crashes over bumps
>Twitchy
>Floppy chassis
>Low grip

Yeah I guess a miata is bliss If you are one of those people that just turns the wheel and thinks if the car responds right away that it is a sports car.

I had a miata and I drive a WRX now. The two are on entirely different levels in terms of handling. The miata always felt like it was on a nervous knife edge when driven hard, the WRX feels like it becomes composed and confident when pushed. Sure the WRX will understeer if you just turn the wheel, and some retards will call this poor handling but if you weight shift it will glide through corners with just a little bit of yaw.

>Downhill, I hardly use the wrx powerband.
Then you are scared of your car and you should not be giving anybody advice.
>>
File: 1457981973344.jpg (42 KB, 650x842) Image search: [Google]
1457981973344.jpg
42 KB, 650x842
>>14800646
>but they go empty 99% of the time
>>
>>14800769
This was exactly my experience driving one 100 miles round trip to work everyday. I got a hard top which helped a little bit with the heat.

Also nobody sees you on the freeway. At least once a day somebody would change lanes into me.

They are designed to run on their bumpstops when cornering (look it up, im serious). Absolutely stupid move by Mazda to try and get more progressive rates.
>>
>>14801088

WHOA there, you're so edgy mate. Careful you don't hurt the poor kid with your EDGINESS

If I see you on the toe-gay I'll move over cause I can def tell you can OUTRAPE miatas in twisties

For every hard as fuck wrx owner there are 10 miatas owners that will have had more seat time in the twisties, more seat time racing, more seat time period.

Have fun depending on your driver aids
>>
>>14800107
Here you go then m8, I want it real bad but you should swoop it:

http://www.autonationcadillacwestpalmbeach.com/VehicleDetails/certified-2013-Cadillac-CTS_V_Wagon-CTS_V_Wagon-West_Palm_Beach-FL/2733902183
>>
>>14801155
I'm the guy you replied to.

Once you drive better cars it really puts into perspective how limited and flawed the Miata is. Like I said, if you are one of those people that just turns the wheel and thinks a responsive car is a sporty car, yeah they are great. But if you are somebody that gets deeply into where and how you are going to put a couple degrees of slip into the front or rear wheels, it is a completely unrefined chassis. This then becomes limiting to driver development because you always have to leave a little bit on the table, never knowing exactly what the car is going to do. Leaving that little bit on the table means you can't dive into finer and finer levels of control.

They are a car you buy to learn what they can teach you (which is RWD 101) then you sell and move onto a better platform. They aren't a car you get all excited about and tell everybody about how well it handles.
>>
>>14801232

WHOA there, you're so deep mate. Careful you don't hurt the poor kid with your DEPTH OF RACIN KNOWLEDGES

If I see you on the toe-gay I'll move over cause I can def tell you can OUTHIPSTER miatas in twisties

For every hard as fuck wrx owner there are 100 miatas owners that will have had more fun, more dollars saved from because cheap aftermarket, more bliss period.

Have fun depending on your keyboard warrior-ing
>>
>>14801088
>twitchy
>low grip
unless you drove a broken miata in the rain, you are very incorrect
I will agree that it is slow, hits bumps hard and that the chassis is floppy. The last one is fixed with a hardtop.
>>
>>14799611
got a 1989 nissan micra with a cg13de out of a '97 micra. find it so much more fun, can sit on the 8k redline for days on end be thrown around like nothing cause it weights 600~kgs. the 1.8 mx5 just never gave me the same feels, its was alright definatly doesnt live up to the hype tho
>>
>>14801155
>>14801259

fuckin /o/ copy pasta saved
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.