[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
COMMIEFORNIA STRIKES AGAIN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: calitraf.png (367 KB, 550x270) Image search: [Google]
calitraf.png
367 KB, 550x270
California government is trying to get old cars off the streets à la "Cash for Clunkers".

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB1965
>>
>>14798022
why
>>
>>14798022
what exactly does this mean?
>>
>>14798188
They want to pull off what Japan is doing
>>
>>14798188
Used car prices will skyrocket and this is gaining traction because car companies support it.
Less used cars means more people have to buy new or buying used isn't as good of a choice anymore
>>
>>14798203
So would this effect people how own classics or plan to?
>>
>>14798212
who own*
>>
old cars are crap but they shouldnt be scrapped

the correct option is to update them all with more modern equipment
>>
File: 67556.jpg (16 KB, 306x241) Image search: [Google]
67556.jpg
16 KB, 306x241
I fucking knew this would happen again.

And for some reason everyone on /o/ acted like they don't expected it at all
>>
Fuuuuck.

I'm not surprised, but fuck.

CARB is a corrupt organization that is pro-industry instead of pro-environment and I fucking hate it.
>>
scrap is a great market to flood with more supply right now
>>
>>14798366
They don't care about making money for the average consumer. They just need to make sure the car companies make money because they're corporatist fuckwits.
>>
File: 1459738825232.gif (140 KB, 379x440) Image search: [Google]
1459738825232.gif
140 KB, 379x440
this has been going on for a long ass time. i got like $1000 for my piece of shit minivan with 300k+ on the clock because it was a V6 with awful emissions control.
>>
>>14798188
in a couple of year time you won't be able to find a fun cheap shitbox or parts for your shitbox
>>
Is it that hard to just slap on a new cat for these older cars?

I clearly have no idea what Im asking about.
>>
>>14798618
The cats burn out quickly and most people aren't going to be able to afford a new one. The better thing to do is is to get people to pop in new low-emissions motors but of course California doesn't want to promote the modding scene.
>>
>>14798649
Of course, because modifying your car is DANGEROUS!
Think of the CHILDREN!
>>
>>14798665
The only people who want to make their cars perform better are dangerous street racers. You aren't a street racer, are you?
>>
>>14798692
Humans should NOT be trying to control two tonnes of steel, plastic and glass!
Ban assault vehicles!
>>
>>14798649
No. Wrong.

By definition a catalyst is not involved with or changed by a chemical reaction.

If you car is running right the cat will not burn out for decades. In theory they should never stop working. My 91 and 95 model year cars still pass emissions with their original cats.

Running excessively rich will overheat them, same with passing a lot of oil out of the exhaust.
>>
>>14798022
God fucking damn it California stop doing stupid shit. You are making people flee in droves and shitting up the nice states.
>>
>California
>against modification
>promoting cash for clunkers
>heavy environmental laws about paints/chrome
why even live there
>>
>>14798212
>>14798227
It's car to maintain a classic if it's 1975 or newer already because emissions are required. Any car that does get turned in for this program gets destroyed, can't even use it for parts.
>>
>>14798706
First gen cats clogged easily. They were one cat. That's why a modern standard cat now has two sections to spread the workload. Also on paper vs real life.
>>
>>14798717
>You are making people flee in droves and shitting up the nice states.
You say this like it is a bad thing.

I was reading the other day about how red states around CA are becoming redder because all the conservatives are fleeing the madness.

Come to me my people.
>>
How does California maintsin such a high concentration of enthusiasts while having legislation that actively opposes the hobby altogether?
>>
>>14799021
Weather and beaches. Some great roads too.
>>
>>14799021
It's a beautiful place. Has backroads perfect for too gay shit, and an active economy that means people can afford cool shit. However we also have neoliberal fuckwads who are ruining this country but y'know you can't have all good stuff.
>>
>>14799034
I live on the east coast, got nice weather, beaches, and roads too.

Also, I have water, and no smog tests.
>>
The worst part of this is that the older cars that get crushed because of this bullshit are going to be rust free, unlike the cars you find in most of the rest of the country.
>>
>>14798022
I'm all for this is California creates a new low tax bracket for small efficient cars. They could call it the 'California Efficiency Initiative' or 'Kei' for short. Then Honda could bring over the S660.
>>
>>14799108
If I can import an Autozam AZ-1 I don't give a fuck let's do it.
>>
>>14799051
> people can afford cool shit
kek, not after you have paid rent
>>
>>14799077
Sun sets on the wrong side of the coast buddy.
>>
>>14799077
Where you live anon?
>>
>>14798701
Why are you driving a car that weights 2 tons?

Top faggot
>>
>>14799108
Id be fine with crushing old cars if we got kei cars out of it
>>
>>14798022
cash 4 clunkers has been around for a while m8
>>
they've been doing this for years.

your link is for state owned vehicles

the rest of you are lame as well for not RTFA
>>
>>14799268
fuckin this. $2,500 / month for a 450sq ft apartment.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.