[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have a fuck load of trans fluid pumping out of the bellhousing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
So I have a fuck load of trans fluid pumping out of the bellhousing on my automatic, is this the front pump seal usually?

what seals are there in the front other than the pump?, I'm almost certain it's not engine oil.
>>
>>14795251
>needs a transmission
Lel, should have bought a Rear Wheel Drive car. Driveshafts all the way, fucker.
>>
>>14795254
At least put some effort into your shitposting
>>
Do transmissions have a pump?
I would guess its the input shaft seal, the torque converter ir the rear engine seal.

Its a box out job either way.
>>
>>14795285
Yeah I know it's a trans out job, it's pretty much sitting there ready to be taken out.

Is the input shaft seal the only seal in the front?
>>
>>14795285
Yes a trans has a pump. Its the thing that makes up the front face of the trans behind the converter.

Op
You have to drop the trans to do a front pump seal or input seal also for a engine rear main.

What kind of car is it? Which fluid is reading low trans or engine?
>>
>>14795289
The input shaft seal and also the gasket behind the pump
>>
>>14795292
It's a ford 93LE or 97LE according to the manual, I don't know which, it's pumping right out of the bellhousing, is reddish also wont shift so it's definitely the transmission leaking, engine oil hasn't changed.
>>
>>14795264
Not sure what you mean unless you're a buttert FWD fanboy. My column shifter is on my steering wheel and there is a hump running the length of my crown vic, hence the drive shaft and lack of transmission. Your car for example has the gear shifter in the middle of the seats, where the transmission sits, and there is no hump in the back. Or am I mistaken? Do some RWD cars have the gears in the center console?
>>
>>14795312
What does rwd and fwd have to do with a leaking transmission?, and it is rwd if you really want to know
>>
>>14795312
Ignore that poster they're drunk.
>>
>>14795296
Thanks I'll look into both
>>
>>14795251
I'd say trans pump seal is toast or front seal is bad. Could be a bad torque converter to if it cracked.
>>
Holy shit guys this isn't hard.

Yes the input shaft seal is bad. Your going to have to take all that shit off to get to it most likely.

From the picture, that is OBVIOUSLY a RWD transmission. If you disagree with that you have a mental disability.

SO, that means you should go look up whatever transmission it is, and start looking at videos and instructions on how to reseal it. To be completely honest, if you already have it out of the car I would just do a full refresh on it and replace every seal you can find. The hard part is just getting it out.

Also, most transmissions do not have a pump for the fluid. The only case in which i've ever seen or heard of a transmission fluid pump is when the transmission has a remote transmission fluid cooler. Most of those pumps aren't attached to the transmission anyway, they're just inline with the hoses that go to the cooler and are powered electrically.
>>
>>14795312
Some crown vics came with the center console shifter you dunce
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.