[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Passenger van for my company
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: transit-lx-overview.png (359 KB, 700x457) Image search: [Google]
transit-lx-overview.png
359 KB, 700x457
The company I work for (and drive for) needs a larger Van to replace our existing sedan. We have a minivan but the sedan is a lease and we need something larger

I think the Ford transit with the diesel i5 would be great. Fuel economy good for a large van, long engine life. I've driven rental tranit vans and their very comfy (and easy to drive should someone less experienced need to use it)

Good choice? Any better ideas?
>>
>>14792330
Are you in control of purchasing? Does your opinion matter at all? Just trying to prevent you from wasting time.
>>
I'm not in exclusive control but my opinion will matter a lot I'm the only one who cares what we get.

Basically they will do whatever I tell them within reason
>>
>>14792377
How many people do you carry on a regular basis? Do you need 15 passenger capability or would 7 be enough?
>>
>>14792330
just get the tranny
>>
>>14792330
Why not just get 5 subaru sambars
>>
>>14792330
http://www.mbvans.com/sprinter/home
>>
Depends, 15 would be excessive but it would be nice to have more than 7 pass. Capacity
>>
>>14792330
>Ford transit with the diesel i5

Hmm...

>>14793035

Questionable.
>>
So far I see a MB sprinter as a suggestion. I will say we're looking for a pretty basic model, my reasoning with the diesel is mentioned in my original post

So no warnings about Ford Transit? Recommendations of other brands/models?
>>
File: sprinter benz.jpg (185 KB, 1280x769) Image search: [Google]
sprinter benz.jpg
185 KB, 1280x769
>>14792330
There is only one option and it's been the only option for a very long time anon, catch up already
>>
>>14792330
why dont you just buy a big ass camper instead?
>>
>>14795281
Are you in the US? Have you looked at the Nissan or Chevy vans?
>>
>>14795281
Maintenance on one of these is insane...

If you care about that.
Tpms, airbag, exterior bulb warning lights just stay on in ours. The thermostat for the def heater failed, NOx sensor failed within first 25k.

Second set of tires and brakes as well.

Wild.
>>
>>14794815
I think they have 10-12 passenger transits. You could also look at the new Mercedes metris.
>>
>>14795490
Yep, and no! Are they any good? Worth looking into?
>>
>>14792330
I drive an mercedes sprinter at work and it's great
>>
>>14795579
Really? Damn well are they hugely expensive compared to the Ford/chebby/Nissan offerings? I'm assuming so
>>
>>14795578
Don't know too much about them honestly, I just know they are out their and might suit your need, look them up
>>
>>14795541
What year?? Damn I'm surprised

>>14795586
Right on, yeah I'm starting to think as helpful as /o/ can be, I might need to actually do some more research on my own when it comes to transport vans

Any minivans good enough to look into?
>>
I used to work as a minibus driver doing mostly airport runs and business groups, and sometimes sightseeing tours.

From experience, the Transit and Sprinter are both are great vans. I personally would have a hard time choosing between the two as long as both were Diesel.
I will say though, that a dually Transit corners better than most cars at high speeds.
But sprinters come in a longer wheelbase I think. Like 18 seater or more.

There's also smaller ones like the Tourneo Transit or Mercedes Vito - now called Metris or V class or some shit.
These can hold up up to 7 passengers comfortably minus driver I think.
Not sure if they're available in the US.

The Ram is not actually bad either but nothing comes close to the Transit or Sprinter.
>>
>>14795584
Other option is the VW crafter
>>
>>14795584
Yiu mean new? New you can get them for about 35k. It's pretty neck-to-neck with the other offers but the Sprinter is truly one of the few bastions of quality engineering that came out of Daimler in the last twenty years, the things are used for everything here in Germany and are utterly expected to roll good until 500k kilometers. Most privately owned ones used to be delivery or postage service trucks and still roll around fine with 300k after ten years of road.
>>
>>14795604
The Crafter is just a rebadged Sprinter
>>
Awesome thanks guys this is the feedback I was looking for! I'll have to see about finding a used sprinter around here (FL) and if not I think I'll go with a transit!

So you all do recommend diesels right?
>>
>>14795757
Diesel is love, diesel is life
>>
>>14795757
>So you all do recommend diesels right?
No diesel, no good.
Better economy, better reliability, 100% more turbo. Its the only good choice really.

>>14795643
Minibus anon here. I agree with this. The sprinters last a long time, and so do Transits.
500K is nothing for the engine if maintained properly.

But on the other hand I've also seen Peugeot Taxis with well over 500k on the clock that just won't stop.
The interiors are rattled, but the engines keep going.

The interiors of the Transits and Sprinters last a lot longer than other vans. Anything from the plastics, to the floor, to the handholds are built tougher.
Especially if you get a Sprinter with MB Tex Leather. I've never seen a single MBTex seat with rips or tears or wrinkles or cracks of any kind. Many vans that come in cloth end up with the seats recovered in thick "leather" by a professional company but nothing in the world beats MBTex.
>>
>>14795593
>I'm starting to think as helpful as /o/ can be, I might need to actually do some more research on my own when it comes to transport vans
really? you reckon?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.