[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genesis G90
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: front-light.jpg (58 KB, 970x647) Image search: [Google]
front-light.jpg
58 KB, 970x647
What does /o/ think about the new Genesis G90. It's Hyundai's first attempt at making a spin-off luxury brand.

http://carsoid.com/2017-genesis-g90-new-car-by-luxury-brand/
>>
you know those pictures where they overlay a million faces to find an average

this is the automotive equivalent

it's nice but there's nothing defining

they took mercedes and audi and took all of the easiest aspects and put them in a car

two massive info screens, check

tiered center stack, check

put in some good materials, check

but like all things korean, it has zero identity

mercedes has picture perfect high-speed quality

bmw has a handling edge on everything

audi has all-weather supremacy

lexus has perfect engineering isolation

hyundai has a cheap price
>>
>>14788252
It looks pretty clean, but pretty much a combination of all the different luxury cars. Interior looks kinda like a rip off of the new GS interior. Front looks like a rip off of Audi/Ford combined. Back looks like a rip off of Mercedes.

Why can't the Koreans come up with their own luxury identity? I know they've kinda created a brand identity for their economy cars (albeit an ugly one). They need to do the same for Genesis if they want it to be a true luxury brand.
>>
>>14788467
Lexus started out with Mercedes ripoffs. Just give them a few years to build a reputation and build a name for themselves, then when the badge is actually desirable they can go ahead and make their cars stand out from the competition.
>>
File: back-light.jpg (80 KB, 970x647) Image search: [Google]
back-light.jpg
80 KB, 970x647
>>14788252
Bumping with pics
>>
>>14788488
Let's see how the quality is. I have some experience with the Genesis sedan and Kia Amanti and they really don't hold a candle to the E-class or GS in terms of interior quality. All the materials felt one step lower than the Lexus/Mercedes counterpart and there were even a couple creaks/rattles. I'm hoping that the G90 is at least on par with its competitors.
>>
>>14788527
Yeah, I'm curious to see how this goes. They're trying, at the very least.
>>
I don't get it it. I love Hyundai (own a Genesis Coupe), but this just looks like another Genesis. I thought it was supposed to be ground breaking, and get people into their luxury brand. Just looks like a mid-cycle refresh. That's...it? :/
>>
ripping off the Bentley badge, it's a disgrace they have no shame. i'll never buy a hyundai, and stick it in their faces when I actually have a Bentley badge to look at every night
>>
>>14788252
I liked the genesis sedan so pretty cool
>>14788527
e-class is pretty meh
>>
>>14789033
>groundbreaking

I thought their whole genesis thing was just a full sized luxo barge for less money than the usual suspects. Also styling took a turn for the worse imho, liked it more when it was a straight 7er with genesis badge
>>
>>14788252
but thats an audi
>>
>>14789101
Nah the audi broke down before reaching the photoshoot. This one broke down afterwards
>>
>>14788516
and thats an audi c class amg mpower
>>
>>14788252
Can Audi sue them? They should (as the others that had shit copy&pasted) because thats the most blatantly boring ripoff coming to the market and will devalue their brand image, because when people see it will wonder what's it and create a shitty association with that shitty car
>>
>>14789157
VAG should get sued by everyone that ever made a diesel then
>>
>>14788488
Lexus started off cribbing designs from Mercedes but every other attribute was already there. The extra attention to detail, the militant control over quality, the emphasis on ease of use and smoothness, these were things that Lexus incorporated into their philosophy from day one with the LS400.

Hyundai Genesis isn't the same.
>>
>>14790468
You don't know that yet. I'm gonna wait for reviews and customer, then decide if it's actually worth anything or if it's shit.
It's not like I can afford one anyway.
>>
>>14790526
We know that from reviews of the previous Genesis.

Of course Hyundai is allowed as many do-overs as their research and development budget allows for though. Although just my own personal opinion, just from looking at it one can tell that it is essentially a Sonata XL. The LED running lights are in the same exact spot on both cars. Did Hyundai create an entirely separate team of engineers to work on the G90? Doesn't appear that way, and that's not a good sign.
>>
>>14790468
I agree. Lexus and Genesis cannot be compared, as the original Toyota F1 project that became the LS400 was a completely revolutionary undertaking at that time. The Genesis is an evolutionary design and product that is being rebooted to compete with the big dogs, and honestly good for them!

However when Toyota made their way into the market, it was with absolute quality factors in mind that challenged manufacturing quality standards at that time (1980s legacy precision manufacturing). It's thanks to opportunities like this that paid dividends later when trickle down economics allowed Lexus derived precision manufacturing methods to be passed on to Corollas and such.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.