[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tfw go to machanic for a fix and charges me instantly 500 bucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
Tfw go to machanic for a fix and charges me instantly 500 bucks just for looking and diagnose my car in like 5 minutes

>tfw telling him to fuck off then getting in my car and leaving
>tfw when he takes a picture of my license plate and threatens to call the cops on me
>tfw 500 bucks for 5 mins work wtf?

tfw just went to machanic next door and he does the same thing

tfw drive away feeling fucked by machanics every day ;(

why do machanics like to do these kinds of scams ?
>>
>>14787100
that's why you ask them how much a diagnosis costs beforehand
>>
>Waaaaah, I can't do something, why should I have to pay someone else to do it!
>>
>>14787114
Beta cucks don't ask they just cry about it later
>>
>>14787100
Things that never happened.
>>
>>14787114

This
>>
You know you can get a code read at like auto zone or wherever for free/cheap right? Also pay the man.
>>
>>14789261

Diagnostics doesn't always mean a code reading
>>
A code reader is $20 on Amazon
Torque app if free.
You only have urself to blaim.
>>
>>14789376
That all mechanics do these days.
You you really think they would go out of their way to do something?
>>
what kind of horrible mechanics do you people go to

diagnostics should be close to free .. especially if you know what's wrong with it
>>
the worst ripped off i've felt lately was towing my diesel truck in when it wouldn't start because it was too cold out

i asked them to bring it in the warm bay and charge the battery but i wanted it done within a couple hours even though it was busy and they charged me $80

i thought that was a little steep but it was in the middle of nowhere so i kept my mouth shut
>>
>>14787100
The obvious problem is you are going to a machanic, which I assume is half machinist half mechanic, so they charge double what a mechanic would

>>14789557
> especially if you know what's wrong with it
Ahh, the old customer who already knows the problem and how long it takes to fix, yet goes to the shop anyway

>>14789567
>busy shop
>hey just tie up a bay so you can't make money, but don't charge me much
They should have charged you more
>>
>>14789621

Surely there are dumb customers, but you can't be so naive that you believe every auto shop is run by ethical people.
>>
>>14787114
Isn't asking the price of any product or service common sense?
>>
>>14789621
This.
>>
>>14789621
are you so dumb that you can't think of any reason why someone would take their vehicle in for repair, other than they have no idea how cars work?
>>
>>14787100
Just got charged $500 by my mechanic for:
>metal-to-metal rear brakes
>new pads and discs
>new wheel bearing
>2.5 hrs labor @ $85/hr

did I do gud?
>>
>>14790002
Fair price
>>
>>14789376
If it actually only took 5 minutes then thats all he probably did.
>>
>>14787100
DO
IT
YOURSELF
FAGGOT
>>
>>14787114

he can't.

he's either a beta cuck that's passive aggressive or a sperg that's antisocial.

when you walk in, you need to ask a bunch of questions and be demanding. you don't just sit down and let him charge you for shit you don't need.

wtf is wrong with you OP?
>>
>>14790298

he's got overhead to pay.
>>
>>14789376
unless his car is over a decade old I guarantee thats all those community college mechanics did
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.