[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2016 Acura NSX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 2016 Acura NSX.jpg (54 KB, 876x535) Image search: [Google]
2016 Acura NSX.jpg
54 KB, 876x535
>9 speed DCT
Can someone explain to me the point of a 9 speed dual clutch transmission, or is this smiling car just a meme?
>>
>>14786498
It's easier to stay in the powerband, meaning it's faster.
>>
>>14786498
hmm.. you are either a:

>Mazda or Toyota fag that is mad as fuck that Nissan and Honda have their legendary models out and about

or

>chebby fag

:) I hope you have a better day than what you are having anon
>>
>>14786498
more = better. always. haven't you learned this yet anon?
>>
>>14786498
Faster acceleration and better fuel efficiency.

What's so memeish about it?
>>
Thanks for clearing that up for me. desu I'm glad honda, I mean acura is bring back such an awesome car
>>
It's masturbatory.
>>
more gears to stay in the powerband and muh efficiency
>>
the acura guy on jay lenos garage said its like, launch gear, then 7 speeds, then cruising gear.
>>
>>14786498
>>14786498
Acura is attempting to lure the typical spandex fetish bi-cycle rider into purchasing one of their overpriced shit heaps. They are employing the method of familiarity to make the spandex bi-cyclist feel at home upon entering the interior of said shitheap.
>>
>>14786498
You're assuming that it has to shift sequentially? More options for the computer to calculate optimal shifts probably.
>>
>>14786641
because the first thing any faggot visiting /o/le wants is their car to be picking random gears while they are doing a weeb like driving impression.

please.
>>
Every car should have CVT
>>
>>14786498
v8s only need a three speed auto bro
torque and tall gears
>>
>>14786506
>legendary models

The new NSX is nothing like the old NSX.

They took what was a timeless name and turned it into a piece of shit
>>
>>14787670

Related note: I have a TLS - the last best Acura (in my opinion at least). I can honestly say Acura has gone down the shittier - lost their identity and focused on random unnecessary crap - gigantic boring soccer mom SUVs with a shitton of chrome, gimmicky LED headlights everyone has, and a bunch of gears that could use more power to go along with them.

2g NSX is decent for what it is - being an experimental sports car and might revive their dying brand no one cares about anymore. The next cheapest ICE/electric motor combo (apart from the i8) is LaF/918/P1 so 150 grand (if you have that money) is a "good" deal.

Having driven my friend's i8, I can honestly say the tech right now isn't ready but it'll get there. The i8 has really good pull (you can feel it) but top end isn't as exciting plus it's about 50 grand on top of the GTR and there's literally no shred of space (back seats or gimped trunk) in that car apart from the front 2 seats. i8 suffered the same identity crisis as Acura but 2g NSX didn't follow them down this road. They built a proper sports/super (if you wanna call it that) car and made 2 seats, good trunk space, and a lot of power.

Surprisingly enough I think this is one of those rare moments where Honda built a better car than BMW.
>>
>>14786619
That makes plenty of sense, then.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.