[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the lightest, cheapest car that could easily be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: wasnt expecting these feels.jpg (51 KB, 874x586) Image search: [Google]
wasnt expecting these feels.jpg
51 KB, 874x586
So what's the lightest, cheapest car that could easily be turned into something sporty and fun to drive while still being road legal?

I'm expecting something like taking a Miata and gutting it for every last ounce but since I'm somewhat new to cars I'd imagine you b/o/ys could have neat ideas.

also I'm not at home so i googled "gutted miata" and geez I didn't know they could look this sad ;_;
>>
I drink a laxative before I do touge runs
>>
miata
turbo
done
>>
>>14784905
Celica, Integra, Miata, MR2 with a k series.
>>
That's it?

No other option? No funky obscure dirt cheap hatchback that was mostly fiberglass that could easily have good suspension bolted on and you could drop in a bigger engine with a bit of redneck engineering?

I guess it was worth a try.
>>
>>14786172
Your first mistake was asking /o/ for actual advice on cars
>>
Fiero with an LS1 swap
>>
Moped and replace the seat with a dildo to maximize that weight loss gains, so you can have everyone watch you getting shafted while you pretend to be cool to make up for that shitty beater your parents bought you as a teen
>>
>>14784905

you don't even need to gut it, just turbo it

it's like 2300lbs, that's like 400-500lbs lighter than a brz/s2000 already
>>
File: car.jpg (134 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
car.jpg
134 KB, 400x300
>>14784905
FB rx-7 is easy to get under the 1-ton mark. Still has a very active modding community, lots of aftermarket parts available. Engine swaps are common and well documented if you want absurd power. I bought mine for just over 2k USD.
>>
Old 70s corollas are RWD and didnt even weigh 2000lb but I can't imagine there's much more you can take out. Stock for stock when it comes to power and handling I'd get the miata though.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (286 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
286 KB, 1920x1080
>>14786172
How much work do you want to do? How important is an existing and active modding community around your car? Are you actually going to do anything?

You can try a Starlet, but you'll need a new engine. FX16 GTS Corolla is a FWD option that's fine. If you really like engine and drivetrain swaps, you can get an SR5 AE86 or take up the challenge of building a 4AC engine which coupled with a completely gutted car will be alright.

If all that sounds like too much work (which it is), stick with a Miata or an older Civic. E70 Corolla, AE92 Corolla, any other pre-80s Corolla, Datson 510, AW11, maybe some older Celicas and Cressidas might be worth looking at too if you demand something different. Maybe some old Mustang, but I don't know anything about how light they were but the power difference could be enough to make up for it.
>>
>>14784971
This. Miatas are already light enough they're just pretty gutless but with turbo that changes and you get a fully realized driving experience.
>>
How much horsepower could one fit in a Miata with a 20k budget?
>>
>>14786732
Go kill yourself.
>>
>>14786732
Probably well over 1000 if you don't care how long it lasts
>>
>>14784971
Starting from 7k €
>>
>>14784905
What's the context of this image OP?
>>
>>14784934
Regular car reviews is that you?
>>
>>14786323
I bought mine for $600 the rear end just needed to be rebuilt. I just picked up an old rear end from a buddy, and now all i need is to re-wire my gauges
>>
>>14786172
>do my research for me
fuck off, you asked for some thing EASILY, not a fucking 10k project.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 338x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 338x450
Posting miata gore from my local craigslist hopefully i dont get banned NSFW
>>
Gut a beat/cappuccino.
>>
>>14790418
MODS
>>
File: IMG_6486.jpg (572 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6486.jpg
572 KB, 3264x2448
>>14790454
get rekt miatafag
>>
s2000
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.