[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, skying father wants a car Eldest son has finally fucked off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: subaru_555_rally_car.jpg (679 KB, 2400x1593) Image search: [Google]
subaru_555_rally_car.jpg
679 KB, 2400x1593
So, skying father wants a car
Eldest son has finally fucked off on a bike, i can now go back to 5 seaters.
So i'd like a reasonably sporty car, 4x4 is a must, would appreciate a diesel engine.

>any reason why i shouldn't get a Subaru?
Hows reliability?
Sorry for ignorance, i've ben out of the game for a while, but now that i'm ditching the SUV i have no escuses
>>
I assume you got the wrx fever
I bought a subaru in October. I like it
You could look at other rally type cars
Mini, Audi, eco, etc etc

Not sure about the diesel. That's entirely out of the realm of sporty 4x4
>>
>>14782677
>wants a sporty car
>wants a diesel

>Sorry for ignorance
yeah, you better be fucking sorry.
>>
>>14782787
I know, but it's be really nice
Or i could do the sensibile adulti and get a diesel sedan...?
I REALLY need A/4wd
>>
>>14782677
This post is just as retarded as when you mistakenly posted it on /diy/
>>
>>14782802
why a fucking diesel? also whats your budget. is this your first car or why are you missing crucial details in your post?
>>
>>14782799
Actually
>want a sporty car
>Wife wants a diesel
>>14782804
Maybe.
But i just want to have some fun
I've been drifting our Fiat scudo aut of boredom
>>
>>14782815
WIFE
I
F
E
>>
>>14782817
WHY does it matter what your wife wants if youre buying a car? car is men stuff, not women stuff. and why the hell does your wife want a diesel. lemme guess youre from europe? everyone drives a diesel here, but if you want a sportscar, you dont buy a diesel.
>>
>>14782802
There's really nothing from the factory that's diesel, awd, fast
That's some custom shit

I'm in colorado and the pikes peak race had a subaru diesel do well....custom race car though
>>
>>14782802
>Or i could do the sensibile adulti
dont be a sensible adult because your wife wants a diesel.
>>
>>14782830
Yes, europe
Wife can't drive due to a sight problem and is concerned about reliability and costs
>>14782835
I got that, it doesn't have to be fast, just fun
>>
Answer this question

Why's the bitch want a diesel
>>
>>14782861
girls just want what other people have
>>
>>14782858
tell your wife to go fuck herself, in a more sensitive and less insulting way. i drive a diesel myself, but im not making the mistake of believing its a SPORTSCAR because diesel arent sportscars.

where are you from? theres tons of kickass old gas powered cars on the market here, LOADS of power for nearly no money. you still havent told us your budget.
>>
>>14782677

Around the years prior to 2000 there is a problem with bad factory head gaskets in naturally aspirated models. 2001-2002 WRXs have the reputation for 'glass transmissions', they are not that bad though, most people that I have seen claiming that are shit drivers that try to do 4k clutch dumps while launching.

Later models (2008+) can have piston ring land issues. One widely accepted theory of this is because of how old/inefficient the EJ series engines are and, because of the age, Subaru ends up doing shitty factory tuning to make their cars pass emission standards. This in turn leads to a lot of knocking and eventual ring land failures. I have had both a 2008 WRX and 2013 STI. I never kept the factory tunes and never had any issues whatsoever.

Other than these possible issues, Subarus are pretty stout and reliable. Getting to ~300whp/300wtq on most WRXs and STIs is both cheap and easy. Great, simple and strong AWD system. Great 0-60 times. Great poor weather performance. I wouldn't consider them the best tarmac cars in the world, but they do pretty well and make you feel 'safe' and in control most of the time.

Definitely a solid choice for your requirements. Doesn't have to be a WRX/Impreza either. Legacy or Forester platforms are just as good and can provide more comfort and utility at the price of some performance.
>>
>>14782861
She
>Fuel costs
>all recent cars were diesel
>more conservative driving for me
Me
>torque, i guess
>>14782879
I wish se had a market anything like the USA.

I can bargain on diesel, but it needs
4 doors
5 (decent) seats
>>
>>14782908
where are you from, for fucks sake. youre making this incredibly hard for any of us
>STILL hasnt told us his budget
>STILL wants a diesel because apparantely his wife knows so much about cars

dude, did your wife send you here? i mean are you like buying the car for your wife? just tell us
>>
>>14782908
2000s model subaru Forrester

Slam it. Tune it. Chew chew.
>>
>>14782858
Just tell her it's a diesel. She won't be able to see that you lied.
>>
>>14782923
Sorry, Italy
Budget is not a problem, like at all
I suddenly have 1 less son to pamper, sold an house and a car.
Diesel is a convenience.
Only need 4wd
>>14782924
>slam it
No, thanks
>tune it
Here you need a certified mechanic -> loads of dosh down the drain
>>
>>14782940
Sneaky, i'll probably just do this, to be honest
>>
>>14782940
That's a great idea right up until she goes to the petrol station.
>>
File: t67249_mr_rage.jpg (20 KB, 306x410) Image search: [Google]
t67249_mr_rage.jpg
20 KB, 306x410
>>14782954
>BUDGET IS NOT A PROBLEM
>I NEED A DIESEL BECAUSE ITS CHEAP

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: subaru-forester-sti-03.jpg (57 KB, 564x300) Image search: [Google]
subaru-forester-sti-03.jpg
57 KB, 564x300
>>14782924
>>
Any audi avant
>>
>>14782961
Ah-ha, but you see
>degenerative sight problem
Means no more driving for her
>>14782966
Read the thread, i can't be arsed to repeat myself every 2 posts
>>
>>14782980
Looks nice
Would it be too heavy for some snow?
>>
>>14782982
get the car you want, and i think you want the WXR. so what if it guzzles gas, its a cool as fuck car
>>
>>14782954
>loads of dosh down the drain
>>14782954
Budget not a problem

Fuck you and fuck this thread

Everyone stop posting

/thread
>>
>>14783046
There's a difference between getting a nice car and getting a less nice car, tuning it, spend 3k to make it legal only to be raped by insurance anyway
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.