[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to visit friend I haven't seen in years >she's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 13
File: 1448482948911.png (672 KB, 906x799) Image search: [Google]
1448482948911.png
672 KB, 906x799
>go to visit friend I haven't seen in years
>she's qt 3.14 but engaged
>see a TT-RS parked out front
>assume it's her dad's
>hang out some, non-/o/ stuff blah blah blah
>her dad comes in
>tell him I dig his car
>"Oh, friend showed you the 911? Or the Viper?"
>"i didn't see those, just the TT"
>"that's her car, anon."
>mfw i'll never have an /o/ dad
Anyone else have these feels?
>>
Mfw I never had a dad to teach me how to wrench or to drunk drive a Dodge Demon.

>anhero.exe
>>
>>14781261
Sabotage the engagement and confess your feelings. If that fails, kill her and steal her skin.
>>
No
>tfw grew up with my dad driving a convertible merc, my mom driving a 3 series then my dad getting a 911
>>
File: image.jpg (179 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179 KB, 640x360
>Mfw all i had was a /g/ dad
>>
>>14781261
>YOU SAW MY ENGAGED DAUGHTER'S TITIES?! GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM HER YOU PERV
>>
>>14781278
I actually tried that a couple years prior, but failed. I was close though, but I had to move for school. (I suck as a friend)
>>
All I had was a /biz/ dad. He taught me simple things like spark plugs and oil chaning but thats it.
>>
I had no dad
>>
My dad was a homosexual who bought one of those early 2000s Accords with the completely gutless v6. He proceeded to treat it like a bazillion dollar exotic import and put a 9/11 NEVAR FORGET sticker on it.
>>
>>14781261
>tfw when /o/ dad
>restored chevelles and superbees growing up
>throughout my childhood had a 911, a viper, and a ferrari 599
>currently has a rolls royce ghost and new corvette stingray

I can't think of a better feel for an /o/tist like me desu
>>
>>14781261
I have no dad and I was born piss poor... do I win?
>>
>>14781261
>gf's dad died 3 years ago, huge into cars, had 17 total including 3 classic minis and other European classics
>tfw never got to talk to him about his sick cars
at least my gf isn't against me having fun with cars.
>tfw her dream car is a classic mini
>>
>/o/ dad
>been working for GM for over 30 years on the assembly line
>doesn't tune his vehicles, but regularly maintains them
>every single vehicle our family owns (including grandparents, and the families of my two uncles) are GM because grandpa and 2 uncles retired from GM.
>we never had many problems with vehicles because family regularly maintains vehicles
>tfw I will be crossed off several wills if I purchase a foreign car
>>
>>14782013
Why not purchase it with the intent to LS swap it? Seems like that would please your family to no end and you have the support to might actually be able to pull it off.
>>
My dad owned a 64 chevy Impala ss hardtop that was white with blue interior. He's been into bikes after that and has owned 4 diff Harley's since he sold it back in 2001. Feels bad man, some day id like to buy one. Honestly would like to track down the one he use to have.
>>
>>14781971
Why doesn't she use one of her dads
>>
>>14781290
BEEG AMERICAN TTS NICO
>>
My dad was /o/ before I was born, but not so much now. He owned a hilux with a 22r forever, gave it to my older brother he blew it up. He had cool muscle cars growing up(he's 65), used to race quads and do tons of blow on the beaches of florida and mexico and cali.

Now he just plays golf and engineers self driving cars/hybrid tech. It's my job to be an /o/ dad, my son is 8 months old. How can I be the best /o/ dad ever? He's getting a 50cc bike when he's 5. That is the only current plan.
>>
>>14782037
They still wouldn't support it. It's not that don't like American cars. I worked at a car wash for several years and found out I preferred many of them after driving so many. I just want one that is rwd and can turn.
>>
Of course the TT is her car.
>>
>>14782062
I kek'd
>>
My dad was pretty /o/. Never went to a mechanic and always had me get wrenches for him or hold a flashlight.

He had a Ford Taurus SHO back in the day, followed by a Buick Park Avenue Ultra and now drives an S600 Mercedes
>>
>>14782113
teach him to shitpost on /o/ when he's 2.
>>
>>14782123
Chevy Chevelle
... after you tune the shit out of it
>>
>>14782123
new Camaro senpai
>>
>>14781261
>TT-RS
Stopped reading there.
>>
File: 1439693023915.jpg (72 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
1439693023915.jpg
72 KB, 531x471
>>14781261
Dude, you insulted her dad.
You basically called him a faggot.
You should have know men don't drive a auti tt's.
>>
>>14782050
her mom sold everything after he died.
>>
>>14782113
Get hum one of those pro race karts and teach him the art of track racing
>>
File: IMG_3155_low.jpg (96 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3155_low.jpg
96 KB, 816x612
my dad drove cadillacs since the early 80s. and still drives one today.

I grew up on luxury cloud rides, eldoratos and seville STS
>>
>>14781261
No, I worked hard for my shit, feels better.
>>
File: 1410159220086.jpg (384 KB, 4224x2376) Image search: [Google]
1410159220086.jpg
384 KB, 4224x2376
>>14781303
>I actually tried that a couple years prior, but failed. I was close though, but I had to move for school.
>I was close though, but I had to move for school.
>but I had to move for school
>I had to move
>had to
>had to
>had to
>had to
>had to
I'll say it again for good measure

>had to

You didn't have to do anything, friend. Now maybe you made a judgement call; you thought things through and decided she wasn't worth skipping the degree. That said, you could have gone to a local college. You could have chosen a major that a more local school could handle. You could have asked her to come with you. You didn't. You made a choice. As long as you understand that, great. Most people don't.
Just something to keep in mind, friend.
>>
>>14782962
Brutal son
>>
>>14781286
>tfw all I had was a dad that got cancer then became an alcoholic and drug addict before going away to rehab and becoming incredibly distant
>>
>>14781286
Had a /g/ dad and all his friends were into auto, so he didn't see a point in trying, or learning....or teaching me for that matter.

I've been "modding" my truck recently and he sees no point in it, but when it comes to getting a 2k computer, he's all over that. Sometimes he confuses me.
>>
>>14782794
In the real world people aren't children like on here.
Also, who buys their daughter a 360 horsepower TT for a first car?
>>
>>14782848
I love how madpoors manage to make a thread not overtly about wealth into something about how poor they are.
>>
>>14782962
I considered the choice of school to be much more valuable than a potential romantic relationship.
Does that satisfy your autism?
>>
>>14783300

I live in a pretty rich oil city. It's not uncommon to see high school girls driving brand new 600hp Corvettes, Camaros and lifted 3500's. Pretty scary.
>>
>>14782962
goddamn your going to make the poor kid seppuku
>>
>dad has a 68 camaro, 2 corvairs, 76 vette
>all in a field behind his house
>me: "hey dad, this summer why don't I take a few weeks off work and we can start to restore one"
>dad: "no i'll get around to it"
>a few years pass by
>me: "hey dad, can i try to restore the vette or one of the corvairs"
>dad: "no i'll get around to it"
>a few years pass by
>me: "hey dad, i'll buy the vette or corvair off you"
>dad: "no, i think this summer i'll get around to fixing it"

they have been sitting there for 20 years now.. dad is a car killer.
>>
>tfw dad was never around when I was growing up, always traveling
>tfw dad used to be big into cars, but doesn't care as much anymore
>tfw never have that dad/son bonding time over cars and learning how to wrench
It's tough, especially since I want to, but he says he's told to do it and the cars now are too complicated and cramped.
>>
>>14783303
Says the guy trying to humble brag.
>>
>>14783334
I live in rural Midwest. Goes to show it's all about context.
>>
>>14782798
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYKPdNvH800
>>
My dad was pretty /o/ when I was young, started a rally team, won some national tournaments on a shitty 84 civic in the 90s.
Now he only runs his garage and won't teach me much about rallying
>>
>>14783191
Rad
>>
I had an /o/ dad, and it's because of him that I love cars today. He was murdered about 3 years ago, and what hurts the most is that I will never again be able to take him for a ride in the latest car I bought.
>>
>>14784346
>tfw dad died young
>tfw know nothing about cars
>>
tfw my dad taught me how to drive manual at the age of 7 but im a lazy piece of shit who gave up at life and i still havent even got a license at 21

i cant even remember what it feels like to perfectly match a downshift before swinging the car around with the ebrake in the snow anymore
>>
>>14781261
At least y'all had a dad.
>>
>being friends with a girl
Why?
>>
File: 1439932016847.gif (2 MB, 329x319) Image search: [Google]
1439932016847.gif
2 MB, 329x319
>>14781273
mfw i did
>it was a dodge aspen tho
you didn't miss much
>>
File: Garek.jpg (39 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
Garek.jpg
39 KB, 576x432
You don't know suffering.
>dad was really into /o/
>bought a Dart, GTO, and eventually settled on an 86 Camaro he bought new
>worked on the Dart and GTO and made them into really cool classics before I was ever born, in his dad's garage
>he has his own garage now, currently owns a Toyota Corolla with manual transmission
>bought a bike, had to work on it (gummed up the carbs during winter storage)
>had to pull his fucking teeth at every opportunity to work on the damn thing
>we still had fun working on the bike
>mention I want a project bike/car
>fights me at every opportunity about not getting a project to work on
>"you gotta get your own house with a garage anon"
>"you can't work on it in a driveway, gotta have your own garage anon"
>mention to him that a guy close to us refabs '57 Bel Air chassis to sell to other people for their projects
>we could buy a rolling chassis, put what the fuck ever we want in it, and have his literal dream car
>it would take some time and some money to source completely mechanical parts, or less time and money to source modern ones
>"no anon I don't have the space for it"
BITCH has a fucking full set of tools, a garage that I -know- can fit a car in it for storage, a driveway which can indeed fucking work for a shop, and I will personally roll under the car on cardboard fucking mats every god damn time just to get the thing running.
But no. My dad is a bitch.
>>
>>14790559
You're gonna feel like a huge dick head when your dad surprises you with the GTO he's been restoring in secret for 10 years
>>
File: aaooceegcsrhkdtv10kl.gif (255 KB, 300x306) Image search: [Google]
aaooceegcsrhkdtv10kl.gif
255 KB, 300x306
>>14790559
nice blog post
>>
>>14790559

don't be a big fag man that's his driveway and his garage, my fag brother has left his shitty MR2 restore in my mom's garage for like a year and a half straight now and it's driving us nuts.

I'm going to be renting that house from my mom while she's gone for a few years and I'll have that hunk of garbage in my way every goddamn day and it's an awful thought in itself.

Have some empathy, get your own garage.
>>
>>14790969
Except my fag brother is actually a really cool guy and helps me work on my cars and repairs them and shit when I don't have the time or money since he's got an /o/ job and can buy parts cheap...
>>
>>14790559

your dad's a Boomer what you expect
>>
>>14783317
S A L T Y
>>
>>14790580
I fucking wish.
>>14790969
I'm concerned about that as well. I'm making arrangements to find a place to store my own project. I can buy a running vehicle and work on it, or I can buy something that only needs a few things to get it running. I'm leaving open the idea of both a project bike and car. I like both. I really don't want to fuck my family over by leaving a junker to rot for years before I finally get rid of it for scrap.
>>14791042
Early gen-xer. Born in 1967.
>>
>>14789005
>murdered

What the fuck. I'd kill myself if any harm came to my dad.
>>
In 2016 engaged just means going steady anyway.
>>
>>14791170
Your dad probably wouldn't want you to kill yourself if something bad happened to him. If he's anything like my dad, he'd want you to be the best person you can be. With or without him in the picture.
>>
File: feelfreshner.jpg (23 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
feelfreshner.jpg
23 KB, 425x425
>>14789005
>>
File: Feel_Eyes_Closed.jpg (75 KB, 645x716) Image search: [Google]
Feel_Eyes_Closed.jpg
75 KB, 645x716
>>14791194
Words for the soul, anon.
>>
>>14781261
you need to get with her. seriously anon, do it. at least try your hardest. you need to confront that son of a bitch who is trying to claim her. give it one last shot, at least.
>>
>>14782013
ask them why americans get btfo in most motorsports?
>>
>>14791170
it really fucked me up, started drinking heavily and stopped really giving a fuck. I assessed favorably and was selected for a tier 1 military unit, and was supposed to go to follow on training, but I opted out because I was drunk all the time and quit working out. I'm just now getting out of the mire.
>>
>>14791267
You're gonna make your dad proud anon.
>>
>>14791310
I hope so.
I'm visiting home right now, and I went by the car lot he worked at for awhile when I was young. they specialized in enthusiast cars, so I was exposed to a lot of niche cars when I went to work with him during summer or the weekends. the owner wasn't there, but there was a guy that I recognized, and I asked if he knew my dad. He said "of course, you look just like him", and we talked for a bit about my dad. Gonna go back tomorrow since the owner wasn't around and shoot the shit some more.
I teared up driving home.
>>
>>14791345
You're a stronger man than I am, that's for sure.
>>
File: image.jpg (518 KB, 1600x1184) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
518 KB, 1600x1184
>>14791345
i know that feel.
>dad was a lone wolf, hard working, electrical engineer
>never talked much, never complained, never had any wishes, was always satisfied with what he had
>he built our family's house on his own basically, repaired his cars on his own, etc but never ever showed me how to do stuff
>im sure the only joy he needed in life was making me and my mom happy
>always tried to make every single one of our wishes come true
>he sometimes talked about how he liked the NSU TT or the Abarth 500 or the 911
>I promised myself to buy him one of these as soon as I have the money
>Nov 2015 he has to undergo heart surgery because his condition is getting worse (had been suffering from various diseases including chronical kidney failure for 13 years)
>he doesn't make it, dies age 65
>at the funeral people tell me I look a lot like him
>I never got the chance to buy him a car
>All I want to achieve in life is the certainty that my dad would be proud of me
pic related, his last car and my first
>>
>>14791540
dat rainbow in the backround :*(
>>
File: 1435096295812.jpg (123 KB, 1170x1170) Image search: [Google]
1435096295812.jpg
123 KB, 1170x1170
>my dad didn't want to teach me manual
>>
My dad drag raced. I wanted to race road courses but he got me a jr dragster. Now I will never be a real racer. Wish I had a kart growing up. He also always had a truck and my mom had meh cars.
>>
File: 2423523421312.jpg (26 KB, 497x497) Image search: [Google]
2423523421312.jpg
26 KB, 497x497
>tfw no dad to teach me how to wrench
>had to learn it all myself from reading online and taking autoshop classes in highschool
>dream of having a son I could pass my knowledge onto one day
>spent more time working on cars than socializing
>too much of a sperglord to even find a gf
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.