[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
audi tt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 600x450
newfag here trying to determine if a 2000 audi tt is a trap. advice?
>>
VW charges $2000 to change the timing belt on those. Don't buy one if you don't have the money to maintain it.
>>
Why would anyone buy this ugly ass car?
>>
>>14779549
Like Honda or Toyota or anyone else would charge you much less.
LOL
>>
good to know since the vw mechanics in the area are shills
>>
>>14779542
>is it a trap?
probably, if you want a hassle-free DD that looks decent and is badged as upscale, look elsewhere.
>is it a trap?
do you like to go fast?
do you have a lot of money?
word on the streets is that with enough money it is very much plausible to build an Audi TT up to Bugatti Veyron power ratings.
But if it's not the quattro setup, I wouldn't bother.
>>
>>14779562
Typical timing belt on a bland Jap shitbox is a 1-2 hour job. ~$250 to change the water pump at the same time.
>>
>>14780018
Bullshit. You stupid fucks always leave out labor when you compare. Besides, that's the same amount time to change the timing belt on TT.
>>
>>14780018
Funny how my bland nip monkey vehicle would cost more than that in parts alone for tbelt and pump.
>>
>>14780025
Nope. Timing belt plus tensioner anywhere from $30-$100. Water pump the same. Plus 1 hours labour and coolant.
>>
>>14780145
Bullshit. It can't even be done in an hour. Also no on those parts, especially OEM. Having been to a BMW/VW/Audi/Porsche dealership and seeing their posted labor $ and at Honda dealership, the labor per hour cost is negligible. It's that way at most dealerships.
You fucks always like to over simplify and use hyperbole and expect it to be believed by the kids.
>>
>>14780184
Who uses OEM parts on Jap dung boxes?
>>
Timing belt + pump was $500 labor on my v6 accord, I supplied the $130 pump+belt. Everywhere charged the same.

Way cheaper than a VW still.
>>
>>14779542
Every German car not a Benz in 2000 is a trap.
>>
>>14780208
The shop isn't going to put your ebay belt on, and nobody cares if you can do it yourself since that's not a fair comparison.
>>
File: sourgrapes.jpg (59 KB, 848x357) Image search: [Google]
sourgrapes.jpg
59 KB, 848x357
>>14780212
>>
>>14780260
I even picked the most expensive. You can also go with $140.
>>
In my opinion the first gen would be an awful car to live with. The interior is dismal and extremely cramped and I'm a very small guy, I'm only 5'4 and I couldn't get on with it.

They are a real pain in the butt to work on too, unless of course you have the money to take to garages for repairs and servicing.

As someone else said if you absolutely must have one then get the quattro one. I'd highly suggest you look into the newer generation ones too. I have to say I find the first gen unbearably ugly and extremely dated looking now.

On the whole, if you can afford to comfortably run one and only want the thing for "looks" then go for it, but look into a newer one before you go out and get one.
>>
>>14779542
Here in the UK it's in the same sub £3k level with the Jaguar XK8, Porsche Boxster 986.

They're lovely cars, but you really need to be knowledgeable and be able to work on them yourself in order to maintain it without great expense.
>>
>>14779542
https://youtu.be/Qur78D8D_-g

You can probably find better quality elsewhere, but this episode of wheeler dealers should give some insight as to the extent of work involved.

inb4
>hurr durr I don't like mike
>hurr durr labour charges
>hurr durr garage
>hurr durr whatever else you come up with.
>>
>>14779542
That gen looks gay as fuck. Newer ones are a bit less cutesy.
>>
Dual mass flywheel grenades and costs $2K to replace.

DSG takes a shit and costs $9K to replace.

Enjoy.
>>
Audi is garbage.
>>
>>14779542
It's a great choice if you think the Beetle or Smart Fortwo are just too manly and macho
>>
>>14779562
They would, because on a fucking Audi you have to take off the entire goddamn front end to change the timing belt
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.