[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /o/ think of the rx8?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
I'm about to sell my '07 Renault Megane convertible and buy an rx8.

I've heard that you have to regularly change the oil, but aside from that is this a reliable car?

>Pic related: what I heard rx8 drivers look like
>>
>>14779491

>horrible fuel economy (this should be a big problem since you're a euro and prices are insane)
>guaranteed engine rebuilds
>poor performance compared to non-rotary vehicles in the same price range
>overheats when it does anything but idle
>poor cabin insulation

Looks are the only thing it has going. Doritos are a stupid meme.

>inb4 lemans
>>
>>14779491
bruh, just get an S2000
>>
I'm pretty sure you'll look less gay in anything other than you own right now.
>>
Dorito engine is a no no
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 640x634) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 640x634
>>14779491
>daily driving a rotary
>ever
>>
theres nothing wrong with a rotary but rx8s are terrible all round
>>
What piston car should I get in the same price bracket for similar performance?

You seem to get a lot of bang for your buck with RX8's
>>
>>14779702
>similar performance for price

>lose to every pony car from a stop

they're slow as shit
>>
You should probably be wary of fuel consumption and the possibility of an engine rebuild. They really aren't fuel efficient engines and even here in ameriland they aren't super cheap to run.

A lot of them usually are in disrepair because of neglectful previous owners who either treated it like a shitbox or babied the engine for too long (not a good thing for rotaries).

If you are really set on buying one, make sure to read up on maintenance and everything about them. They aren't difficult to maintain, they just need it to be consistent all the time.
>>
>>14779679
Rotaries aren't that unreliable for daily driving, they only become temperamental when mistreated and abused by shitheads.
>>
Good cars IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

If you know the faults and do preventative maintenance you won't have issues. If you have to ask what do to, it's probably not the car for you.

If you really want one, make sure you test drive it thoroughly before you buy. Check hot start times, looks for blue smoke out of exhaust after it's warmed up, make sure it pulls clean to 9k.

A good example will be a solid, quick car. A bad example will be a nightmare.

http://www.rx8club.com/new-member-forum-197/new-potential-owners-start-here-202454/

Read this. Good information.
>>
F20C has pretty much the same horsepower/torque/redline/etc as a Renesis but lasts far longer and drinks less oil. And of course, no silly quirks like a specialized starting procedure.

Don't bother mate.
>>
>>14779832
>no silly quirks like a specialized starting procedure
I honestly wonder where people get this retarded misinformation... because there isn't any starting procedure other than turn the key.
>>
rx-8s got cucked by ford

replace the ignition coils and something else i dont remember and they're supposedly pretty good though
also premix
>>
>>14779491
no, and if you're in europe NOPE.
atleast america is vareid enough to have a decent base for rotards when they fuck up, if you're in europe you'll end up selling the rx8 for £750 w/dead engine.
on a second note, not to derail,but can you import RX8s into america from england? the profit to be made would be insane.
>>
>>14780141
I live in Australia man not a euro fag
>>
>>14780100
>>14779735
Just flip the engine upside down, it solves all the problems.

If it's unreliable rightside up, flipping it makes it the opposite and the most reliable engine in the world.
>>
>>14779679
DDing a rotary actually keeps it more reliable.

Letting it sit and occasionally driving it hard causes problems on the FD, at least.
>>
I4 torque
V6 power
V8 fuel economy
V10 oil consumption
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.