[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know you guys must probably get questions like this very often,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
I know you guys must probably get questions like this very often, sorry for being a newfag but I'd rather be dumb for 2 minutes than for the rest of my life.

So, what car should I get if my criteria, in descending order, are:

1-Reliabilty/"Just werks"/Requires the least maintenance and repair
2-Repairs, if needed, are cheap
3-Fuel efficient

I literally don't care about anything else, I just need a reliable, economical car to go from point A to B.

I lurked around and saw that Civics and Corollas are the most common options, but is there something better than that? If not, which should I choose between the Civic and the Corolla, given my criteria?

Thanks!
>>
>>14777370
Toyota corolla.

and wear a sexy leotard when you drive it bb
>>
>is there something better than that?
No not really
>which is better
Both about the same
>>
shut up and buy a Civic
>>
>>14777370
If you're a burger you could be edgy and get a domestic that's cheap enough to fix and slightly less reliable than a civic or corolla.
>>
>>14777370
Geo Metro
>>
98 corolla is less likely to get stolen than a 98 civic... That's the only difference
>>
Shut the fuck up and buy a Civicorolla.

Corollas should require basically zero maintenance for the first 200k kms. I have no experience with Civics but the very earliest I've seen a recent model year Corolla have a non-maintenance issue at was 200,000 km when a friend hit a pothole really hard. I've never seen one require a repair other than that.
>>
>>14777433

This

if fuel efficiency isn`t THAT important you could get a Crown Vic or something similar.

inb4 autist car
>>
Look at the Honda Fit and Toyota Yaris, Nissan Versa and Mazda2 if fuel economy really matters to you and you can comfortably fit yourself and the cargo you expect to carry inside.

Look at the Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Nissan Altima and Mazda3 if you can't fit in the smaller cars but still want the most economical option.

Look at the Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Nissan Maxima and Mazda6 if you can't fit in any of those, or you care more about driving comfort/cargo room than you do about fuel economy.

Look at American cars only if reliability doesn't matter to you or European cars only if expensive repairs don't matter.
>>
>>14777370
If you want a boring econobox why are you here? We don't give a shit what you drive.

You left out your budget.
>>
>>14777597
i wouldnt consider getting a mazda. that company has had a lot of problems making a car that doesnt have reliability issues. im not saying brand loyalty isnt gay, im just saying that they are repeat offenders.
>>
>>14778010
Seems like you've heard the horror stories of rusted out Mazdas.
Allegedly a bad bunch of steel was to blame.
>>
>>14777370
L E X U S

E

X

U

S
>>
>>14777370
Have you looked at an electric Nissan LEAF? They are dead reliable and dirt cheap to run as they take no gas at all, they just need to be plugged in. If you regularly have to drive longer distances they're not for you of course, but they're great for commuting.
>>
>>14777612

Manual econoshits are fun as fuck kid. All you need is some sticky tires.
>>
>>14777370
Golf TDi.
>>
>>14777370
2nd gen toyota yaris, all you have to do is change the oil and fill it with gas.

The car is so boring because I don't have to do any other maintenance. I did change the clutch because the previous owner was a woman
>>
>>14777370
Shut the fuck up and get a civic
>>
another new fag here!

I have a similar requirement-- HOWEVER. I'd like a luxury badge. As reliable as my mazda (they're below toyota/honda?). I am in Canada, south Ontario, and have a budge around 15-17 grand.

Lexus have some steep toyota tax. Acura doesn't seem to have it as bad from my autotrading searches. Buick also seems to retain value a lot better than Lincoln, I've checked out the lacrosse but pricey compared to the mkz
>>
File: 1459445943380.jpg (22 KB, 340x506) Image search: [Google]
1459445943380.jpg
22 KB, 340x506
>>14781345

>luxury badge
>>
>>14781395
I know its bullshit but they're styled nicely and I am willing to pay for that.
>>
>>14777597
>don't fit in a smaller car
Why are people always going on about this? I'm 1.93m tall (6ft3-4 for burgers) and I yet to be in a car that I don't comfortably fit in.
>>
>>14777597
does burgerland get the Suzuki Swift?? That's another cheap alternative to the Corolla
>>
>>14781418
Suzuki left our market in 2011, even Mitsubishi was outselling them
>>
>>14781410
Holy fuck you could've said literally anything else and you would sound less like a retard.
>luxury cars usually are faster
>i want a comfy interior
And even then those aren't necessarily true or valid

But no, you choose the most vain and stupid point as your priority like a faggot or a woman
>>
toyota celica
>>
>>14777370
dont we have a sticky for this exact question?
>>
>>14777370
Volvo's are built like bricks and get decent mileage. Something to consider.
>>
>>14777370
toyota corrola.

literaly bullet proof.

short of that, honda accord.
>>
>>14777392
This is two times correct
Leotards a best
>>
>>14777370
to answer your question, i choose the blonde
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.